BajaNomad

Loreto scammer?

comitan - 2-20-2013 at 06:11 PM

http://bajasur.en.craigslist.com.mx/boa/3625811359.html

Anybody know anything about this.

bill erhardt - 2-20-2013 at 07:15 PM

I did see that on Craigslist, but have never heard of Barnabe Meza.

shari - 2-20-2013 at 09:13 PM

hmmmm...I was given his name as we are looking for an outboard and spoke to him a few times on the phone...he was in Loreto and wanted to come to Asuncion to work on people's motors....hmmmm.

chuckie - 2-21-2013 at 02:14 AM

He has done quite a bit of work for me on several different motors. I have known him for 20 years or more. No real problems on any of the work. I speak only for myself .

MikeYounghusband - 2-21-2013 at 07:14 PM

Never heard of him either, but what a great way to put out the word when you get ripped off.

DENNIS - 2-21-2013 at 07:19 PM

Gotta be careful with accusations down here. Everybody knows about the slander and defamation trap. Lawyers especially.
Wiley.....maybe get your name off of this.

chuckie - 2-22-2013 at 09:22 AM

IF anybody got ripped off..Its way too easy to badmouth some one on the internet..I have asked the guy who posted this for details..No answers..As I said, Bernie has done major work for me, over a long period of time...He aint perfect, but given the parts situation here, and the limited rescources he has done well by me...

gnukid - 2-22-2013 at 09:57 AM

Given what we know about Baja and our faith in mechanics, isn't there some sort of Virgen de la Mechanica to pray to?

And what about certified mechanics schools in Mexico, they have prepatories for fishermen?

chuckie - 2-22-2013 at 11:43 AM

I almost always sacrifice a chicken before having major mechanical work done...

Pompano - 2-22-2013 at 12:42 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by chuckie
I almost always sacrifice a chicken before having major mechanical work done... [/quote

Hah! Your chicken sacrifice reminds me of that legendary VW mechanic called "Chicken Bones". What a hoot that gringo rascal was...and I wonder if he survived his last 'event' in Baja.