BajaNomad

2/23 Ready Lane SY POE Bust

Ken Cooke - 2-24-2013 at 02:48 AM

Earlier this evening (~8:55 pm), I spotted a young couple attempting to smuggle drugs across the border from inside of their car. I doubt that this will make the evening news, since 'Photography' is listed on the activities that are unlawful in the new Chapparal POE.

I thought it was short-sighted of this young couple to attempt carrying drugs into the US. Even worse, the young man (sporting shoulder-length hair and large mutten chops) was laughing out loud as he was being hand-cuffed. His girlfriend looked less than amused.

wornout - 2-24-2013 at 09:06 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Ken Cooke
Earlier this evening (~8:55 pm), I spotted a young couple attempting to smuggle drugs across the border from inside of their car. I doubt that this will make the evening news, since 'Photography' is listed on the activities that are unlawful in the new Chapparal POE.

I thought it was short-sighted of this young couple to attempt carrying drugs into the US. Even worse, the young man (sporting shoulder-length hair and large mutten chops) was laughing out loud as he was being hand-cuffed. His girlfriend looked less than amused.

All I get is a big rainbow seashell during the video?

Ken Cooke - 2-24-2013 at 09:29 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by wornout

All I get is a big rainbow seashell during the video?

That is a music link in my signature.

Ateo - 2-24-2013 at 09:36 AM

Can you elaborate on the drug bust Ken? Was it dogs that clued the agents in?

[Edited on 2-24-2013 by Ateo]

Ken Cooke - 2-24-2013 at 09:43 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Ateo
Can you elaborate on the drug bust Ken? Was it dogs that clued the agents on?

It looked like the German sheppard was the star last night. I saw the dog being handled into and out of the car, and a white plastic bag being pulled out and placed onto the rear trunk of the car. The hood was later opened, and visually inspected before the two were taken into the facility for processing (in handcuffs).

After waiting exactly 4 hours in the line 5:10 - 9:05, I saw with my own eyes the reason for such long border times.

Ateo - 2-24-2013 at 09:52 AM

That is a ridiculous time to wait. I'm thinking of heading south for the day right this second, but the Sunday border wait may deter me. Lost revenue for you Mexico, sorry.

WHAT????

bajaguy - 2-24-2013 at 09:58 AM

As much as you cross, why do you wait when you can get SENTRI.......

Ken Cooke - 2-24-2013 at 09:59 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Ateo
That is a ridiculous time to wait. I'm thinking of heading south for the day right this second, but the Sunday border wait may deter me. Lost revenue for you Mexico, sorry.

Otay Mesa normally has better wait times. San Ysidro POE is under construction - and with the physical layout of the temporary kiosk/islands one must drive up to in order to be questioned, I now can see how the wait time will be reduced by 50% as more lanes are eventually added to accommodate the number of agents that are attending to each individual automobile.

nbacc - 2-24-2013 at 10:35 AM

Don't EVER come back on a Sunday! At any of the crossings. Nancy

Ken Cooke - 2-24-2013 at 10:51 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by bajaguy
As much as you cross, why do you wait when you can get SENTRI.......

I'm planning on looking into it. Much more fun than North of the border.

Bajajorge - 2-24-2013 at 03:05 PM

Thank you Ken for the info, at least we know now that some of the drugs are being stopped from heading NOB.

Ken Cooke - 2-24-2013 at 09:17 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Bajajorge
Thank you Ken for the info, at least we know now that some of the drugs are being stopped from heading NOB.

The pair of "travelers" looked like very dumb stoners from Michigan. It appeared that they got what was coming to them.