BajaNomad

Ray's

Mulegekay - 2-24-2013 at 05:49 PM

After wanting to go there for the past 3 years, today we finally had brunch at Ray's. Ray's is out on Ice House road, Mulege. It was well worth the dusty drive. We were greeted by Ray and his beautiful wife, seated at a table outside on the lawn, yes lawn. The service was excellent, the meal was very good. Now that we have made the drive, I'm sure we will go back many times.

BajaBlanca - 2-24-2013 at 05:53 PM

so glad you had a good time and welcome to bajanomad !

I am sure they told you about the Sunday brunch ....

Mulegekay - 2-24-2013 at 06:01 PM

Yes, last week on Baja Nomad, I did read about Sunday brinch at Ray's. Our neighbors cautioned us not to drive out ther after dark, so Sunday brunch worked for us. After driving there today, I see no reason why we won't try dinner too.

drzura - 2-24-2013 at 09:37 PM

We went to Ray's for dinner last May for the first time. The oyster's rockafeller was awesome. I am planning a trip to San Lucas Cove in May and will definitely be stopping by Ray's again..... muy bueno :yes:

Damion

Pescador - 2-25-2013 at 08:16 AM

The road is only a problem at night if you have had one too many Margaritas.

mulegemichael - 2-25-2013 at 08:33 AM

our typical top speed when returning from ray's is around 5mph.

Lauriboats - 2-25-2013 at 08:50 AM

I love going out to Ray's, we always try to get there around 5:30 so that we can enjoy the awesome sunsets, c-cktails and appetizers before dinner.

Pompano - 2-25-2013 at 09:26 AM

I've always enjoyed Ray's, whether it was the original sand floor Ray's Cafe at Santispac or his current cafe in the valley.

Ray's a successful restauranteur and deserves what he has worked hard for over the years. He's the most congenial cafe host in Mulege and it's not by chance that he has the best menu.

He gets my vote for sure. Here's some times had at Ray's...in photos of course. :rolleyes:

Take the Ice Plant Road and follow the signs...easy.

Like all good cafe owners, he remembers what you drink..and often meets you at the door with your favorite.

Naturally, we're all responsible when drinking. Limiting ourselves...or things can get a little fuzzy.

Just a few of my favorite orders. Muy delicioso!

EAT AT RAY'S....Bring friends...and make some memories you'll never forget.

Bon appetite...and enjoy the moment!