BajaNomad

I've been trying to decide between a Toyota and a Jeep...

Cisco - 3-1-2013 at 03:21 PM

but then I found:

Mercedes-Benz reveals the G63 AMG 6×6, a six-wheel-drive luxo SUV

http://autos.yahoo.com/blogs/motoramic/mercedes-benz-reveals...

I'm a little concerned about gas mileage though.

DENNIS - 3-1-2013 at 03:25 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Cisco
I'm a little concerned about gas mileage though.

Don't be. You won't be able to afford to start it.
Nice ride though. I'll look good in the driveway.

monoloco - 3-1-2013 at 03:30 PM

According to Autoweek, Mercedes plans to build about 20 to 30 of these behemoths starting in October for a price just below the $457,000 AMG will charge for an all-electric SLS, and if you have to ask about miles per gallon, then clearly you don't own enough oil wells to afford one.

Clearly a bargain at twice the price :spingrin:

Oh, Merc's been making these.....

neilm81301 - 3-2-2013 at 10:33 AM

for a long time..

https://www.google.com/search?hl=en&biw=1120&bih=620...

Neil

Marc - 3-3-2013 at 08:29 AM

Looks like WW2:?::?:

Bob H - 3-3-2013 at 11:02 AM

Enjoyed the video!

Sweetwater - 3-3-2013 at 11:18 AM

Quote:

Inside, there's room for four passengers to ride in a tableau of luxury, from the quilted white leather seats and carbon-fiber accented dash to the bamboo-lined cargo area.

Anybody know how long they are back-ordered for? High end, Luxo items are in short supply these days.....

:P

Udo - 3-3-2013 at 06:47 PM

Ken Cooke tried to sway me toward the Jeep, when I was looking.

I took the fixed-up version of the Jeep Rubicon for a long test drive.
Then I took a TRD FJ Cruiser for a long test drive also.

I bought the FJ Cruiser because of the roominess and the ride. The locking front and rear came standard on the FJ.
The Jeep I had to spend a few buck to get that accomplished.

David K - 3-3-2013 at 07:10 PM

Just so the facts are clear... (and I know this thread was meant to be a joke)... BUT... A Jeep Wrangler Rubicon has front and rear locking hubs as part of the Rubicon package... An FJ Cruiser with an Off Road package (also on a Tacoma) has a locking rear differential and A-TRAC (which is a automatic electronic locker-like device, on the front and rear tires). A-TRAC allows easy steering on a tight trail, where as locker prevent easy turning... and must be turned off for tight turns. Lockers, do not allow any one tire to slip so work fast and A-TRAC allows some slippage to check conditions and allow steering, so it not as 'fast' to climb... but it works just the same... and comes standard on the Off Road 4WD Toyota.

Okay, back to you original programming! :D

Jeep story....my 2 cents.

Pompano - 3-5-2013 at 11:08 AM

One day I needed an adventure, so decided to drive my Jeep CJ-5 Renegade from my duck shack Up on the Manitoba border to mi casa in Baja Sur. A nice road trip.

Never have owned a Toyota cruiser for a comparison, but hey, the year is young.

Note: Never drive a bimini-top open air CJ-5 in a blizzard...unless you are a crazy Norsk.

David K - 3-5-2013 at 11:15 AM

Amazing... same year and model (CJ-5 Renegade) as Baja Angel's was... she had it for 20+ years, until it endo'd and rolled on the freeway in Lakeside (her son was driving, and uninjured). Something seized and locked up the gears at highway speed. 304 V-8 with a 3 speed tranny... 12 mpg in good weather!