BajaNomad

Coco racing the Norra 1000

honda tom - 3-3-2013 at 08:11 PM

not sure if its been brought up yet, but 2 weeks ago at cocos he told me that he was going to race the norra 1000 in 2014 (a year from now). (dream big... shoot for the stars.... i know) but he does have a partner involved from mexicali. The vehicle they plan to use is at Cocos, it is an 1984 AMC Eagle, all wheel drive, 258 CI straight 6. The motor has been rebuilt and is in Puertocitos. Coco has some needs!

timing chain and gears, oil pump, fuel pump, harmonic balancer, water pump, starter, belts hoses and misc.

I will be at his place this week to see progress (if any) and report back.

TMW - 3-4-2013 at 10:01 AM

Go Coco. I'll help however I can. This is the kind of race probably best suited for him.

bajaponderosa - 3-4-2013 at 01:13 PM

Please don't forget if you are heading to Coco's Place to bring his kitties some hard cat food. He has a hard time finding the big bags of the crunches for his cats here in San Felipe.

BajaGeoff - 3-4-2013 at 02:18 PM

Is this the car?

David K - 3-4-2013 at 03:22 PM

Viva AMC!

TMW - 3-4-2013 at 04:41 PM

There is another NORRA race rally this September that runs from Mexicali to San Felipe to Ensenada and back to Mexicali over three days. Maybe Coco should consider it since it's shorter and over areas he's more familiar with.

Coco racing

John M - 3-4-2013 at 04:49 PM

Ain't that a hoot!

He mentioned that he might be able to race when we saw him in November....He was excited then, it'll make him a happy man.

;D;):yes:

John & Barb

David K - 3-4-2013 at 05:05 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by John M
Ain't that a hoot!

He mentioned that he might be able to race when we saw him in November....He was excited then, it'll make him a happy man.

;D;):yes:

John & Barb

Not all that long ago when John captured Coco getting a hair cut from Barbara!: