San Felipe 250 live coverage on DirtLive
I am giving love to the bikes where I came from. When I worked for RDC
They would not show bike starts. So be ready at 6 am as we show the
Start from the arches in San Felipe. I am putting trackers on 2 Ktms
Honda and Kawi along with sat phone communication with 5 Baja pits
Joing me in the booth Dave Arnold and Sara Price woman's pro MX

http://score-international.com/score-live/

CortezBlue - 3-5-2013 at 07:17 AM

I'll be down under the powerlines Saturday on my Bombardier with my Nikon in hand awaiting the Trophy trucks.

Ateo - 3-5-2013 at 08:18 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by willardguy
this from the district37 site. sweeeeeet!:bounce:

San Felipe 250 live coverage on DirtLive
I am giving love to the bikes where I came from. When I worked for RDC
They would not show bike starts. So be ready at 6 am as we show the
Start from the arches in San Felipe. I am putting trackers on 2 Ktms
Honda and Kawi along with sat phone communication with 5 Baja pits
Joing me in the booth Dave Arnold and Sara Price woman's pro MX

http://score-international.com/score-live/

Send me a sat phone and I'll give you an update when Robby Bell comes thru first at RM90!!! =)

Ateo - 3-5-2013 at 08:42 AM

Willardguy: Thanks for the link. That was a great interview and view of the race course!

are they on the powerline this year?

akshadow - 3-5-2013 at 10:49 AM

are they on power line or closer to mountains?

view

http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/29594462/highlight/328209

Quote:
Originally posted by CortezBlue
I'll be down under the powerlines Saturday on my Bombardier with my Nikon in hand awaiting the Trophy trucks.

TMW - 3-5-2013 at 12:40 PM

They run the road closest to the mountain and cross Zoo Road about a half mile to the west.

TMW - 3-5-2013 at 12:47 PM

The start to Zoo Road

David K - 3-9-2013 at 12:48 PM

Racers crossing finish line in San Felipe... LIVE at http://score-international.com/score-live/

edit: motorcycle racers finishing... many cars still haven't started!

[Edited on 3-9-2013 by David K]

David K - 3-9-2013 at 04:06 PM

Bryce Menzies, unofficial Trophy Truck winner... by just seconds... on live now: http://score-international.com/score-live/

dtbushpilot - 3-9-2013 at 04:11 PM

Anybody know how the motorcycles finished? I don't seem to be computer literate enough to find it...

David K - 3-9-2013 at 04:26 PM

What's a motorcycle? :lol:

Hi Dave, I also can't seem to find it in the IDC page of racer's times..:?:

David K - 3-9-2013 at 04:31 PM

Here's something for you David: http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/29851335
and
http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/29851730

[Edited on 3-9-2013 by David K]

David K - 3-9-2013 at 04:43 PM

First Class 1 across the finish line, just now.

rts551 - 3-9-2013 at 04:49 PM

Unofficially KTM (caseli), Kawasaki , Honda(Bell)

MICK - 3-9-2013 at 07:13 PM

watched the race from mm74 great spot.
mick

CortezBlue - 3-9-2013 at 10:05 PM

they were just west of the power lines and the craziness was the standard fare. Tecate cerveza, dust and motosports.

All I can say is that, this would and will not ever happen in the USA!!!

Fast, loud and unstable cars racing through the desert without 8 foot cement walls between the cars and the fans!!

Only in Mexico, that is why I like it. It is like winding the clock back 20 plus years.

[Edited on 3-10-2013 by CortezBlue]

rts551 - 3-10-2013 at 12:34 PM

yes. Bumpy first race for the new Score. And now in the Bikes everyone got penalties except for JCR Honda so guess who got first place.

wornout - 3-10-2013 at 12:41 PM

Quote:
they were just west of the power lines and the craziness was the standard fare. Tecate cerveza, dust and motosports.

Fast, loud and unstable cars racing through the desert without 8 foot cement walls between the cars and the fans!!

Only in Mexico, that is why I like it. It is like winding the clock back 20 plus years.

Something will be done about the craziness that killed two locals yesterday and injured many spectators coming and going to the race. The post which I received, and inserted below, didn't have any information about the details of the incident but out of all the accidents that were reported on the SCORE radio frequency yesterday, this has to be the one where a chase truck hit a Rhino head on:

We received news this morning that two of our friends, Mark Hewitt, long-time LVN resident, husband of Caroline Hewitt; and Andy, chef at the Roadrunner and son of Betty (PVN resident); were killed in a head-on collision while traveling to see the last part of the race. We're told Mark was killed instantly. Andy was flown north, but was not able to be helped.

I don't have any further information on the circumstances of the accident, nor on the condition of anyone in the other vehicle.

Ateo - 3-10-2013 at 12:50 PM

Official bike results:

Official Results
Timmy Weigand / Colton Udall Honda
Kurt Caselli / Ivan Ramirez KTM
Kendall Norman / Ryan Abbatoye Honda
Robby Bell / David Pearson / Steve Hengeveld Kawasaki
Mike Brown / Toby Price KTM
Mark Samuels Honda
Mike Johnson (class 30)
AJ Stewart

rts551 - 3-10-2013 at 01:41 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by wornout
Quote:

Something will be done about the craziness that killed two locals yesterday and injured many spectators coming and going to the race. The post which I received, and inserted below, didn't have any information about the details of the incident but out of all the accidents that were reported on the SCORE radio frequency yesterday, this has to be the one where a chase truck hit a Rhino head on:

We received news this morning that two of our friends, Mark Hewitt, long-time LVN resident, husband of Caroline Hewitt; and Andy, chef at the Roadrunner and son of Betty (PVN resident); were killed in a head-on collision while traveling to see the last part of the race. We're told Mark was killed instantly. Andy was flown north, but was not able to be helped.

I don't have any further information on the circumstances of the accident, nor on the condition of anyone in the other vehicle.

Just wondering what makes you think something will be done? (seriously). Seems like the mentality in Mexico is you take the risk, you pay the price. I know when my son hit a car with his ATV during a race in Loreto, the police admonished the car driver for being near the course but did nothing else.

Someone else was hurt when a car plunged into the crowd at Zoo road.

David K - 3-10-2013 at 02:13 PM

Very sad news... which only proves that racing is dangerous, as it always has been.

Ateo - 3-10-2013 at 03:20 PM

See TW's other thread for a few photos from yesterday's race.........

wornout - 3-10-2013 at 07:47 PM

Quote:

Just wondering what makes you think something will be done? (seriously). Seems like the mentality in Mexico is you take the risk, you pay the price. I know when my son hit a car with his ATV during a race in Loreto, the police admonished the car driver for being near the course but did nothing else.

Because of lack of medical facilities and transportation vehicles being available to take the wounded to the closest town.

The same reason San Felipe doesn't have a scheduled airline (again, hospital bed requirements). And even though it is Mexico, if it keeps going the way it is with injuries, racing permits will not be issued. If any of the owners of the some of the land that the race is run on has a loved one injured, it will change.

[Edited on 3-11-2013 by wornout]

rts551 - 3-11-2013 at 07:52 AM

Quote:
Quote:

Because of lack of medical facilities and transportation vehicles being available to take the wounded to the closest town.

The same reason San Felipe doesn't have a scheduled airline (again, hospital bed requirements). And even though it is Mexico, if it keeps going the way it is with injuries, racing permits will not be issued. If any of the owners of the some of the land that the race is run on has a loved one injured, it will change.

[Edited on 3-11-2013 by wornout]

Time will tell. The races 50 years ago had even less support. And it seems like every year someone gets hurt (mostly people doing stupid things). The biggest threat to off-road racing in Baja seems to be the improving infrastructure and loss of terrain on which to conduct the races.

rts551 - 3-11-2013 at 06:41 PM

A little taste of how and why people can get hurt during these races

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=u...

Ateo - 3-11-2013 at 06:44 PM

Baja Rally coming.

http://www.bajarallymoto.com/

rts551 - 3-11-2013 at 06:57 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Ateo
Baja Rally coming.

http://www.bajarallymoto.com/

sounds fun.

wornout - 12-12-2013 at 09:48 AM

Quote:
Quote:

I just received an email that I was wrong in my posting. The email stated the chase truck was in his lane and hit by the Rhino. I had indicated it was the other way around. At any race, the roads are dangerous during the race because of all the dust. We had a similar incident happen years ago right here on the ranch when I motorcycle ran head on into an on coming vehicle. It is just sad that people don't slow down in dust, snow, and icy roads.