BajaNomad

Blew a Bilstien in Vallarta

Hook - 3-6-2013 at 05:55 AM

What model? What vehicle?

I have four that I never sold laying around here. They are used. 2 front, 2 rear for a 2000 F350. I can get the model numbers off them if there is a chance. They should be the equivalent of the Bilstein B6 HD shocks they sell now. Or maybe they are B6 HDs, not sure.

My truck is stock, not lifted.

It's possible I could put it on a bus headed your way. Never done this but I've heard of it being done.

Wont happen today. Going for a boat ride. Leaving about 8am MST. U2U me if this is a possibility.

EDIT: Did some searching. Is this for your Isuzu?

[Edited on 3-6-2013 by Hook]

woody with a view - 3-6-2013 at 06:52 AM

bummer, they just raised the prices march 1. what are your symptoms? i got a nasty squeek i can't pinpoint and its either the shock or a bushing somewhere.

Hook - 3-6-2013 at 08:01 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by soulpatch
I think my car will only fit the 5100's.... damn. Bus is an option!
My symptoms are that the right front lost all of it's oil.
Wonder if I can have them rebuilt here?

I would expect not, on the rebuild.

Since you have internet search out your model on Summit Racing. Their software is really good for pinpointing the models that will fit you.

Are you lifted? Again, what vehicle?

[Edited on 3-6-2013 by Hook]

MMc - 3-6-2013 at 08:15 AM

The fastest and most sure way to get a shock is to fly it counter to counter. Take the part to the Airline freight counter check it in and it"s on the next flight. You pick it up at the airport a couple hours after the plane arrives. VERY VERY EXPENSIVE. Any airline that fly's there can do it. DHL tends to be more reliable then fedex in Mexico for regular air freight. There is no direct bus to Vallarta so it will take a few days to reach you VIA a bus.
Check out the local shops for a "get home replacement".

Ask one of the local cartel guys they seem to be able to get stuff across the boarder quickly and easily:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

If I can help please ask.

chuckie - 3-6-2013 at 08:37 AM

Last time I tried that C to C stuff, package ended up with a customs broker ....Never was able to get it....

MMc - 3-6-2013 at 08:42 AM

It is Mexico.......
Most of the freight companies do have something in-house.
I have done the C to C in both mainland and Baja with success.

larryC - 3-6-2013 at 09:05 AM

Thats too bad Frank, I guess it's not like here in Bahia where there is always someone coming from or going to the States. A problem I never thought of about living down there. Good luck.
Larry

David K - 3-6-2013 at 10:50 AM

Frank... are there any off road races in Nayarit? If so, find out who races in them and they may be able to hook you up?

comitan - 3-6-2013 at 10:54 AM

Just put on a cheap replacement and send it back for rebuild.

Archie - 3-6-2013 at 11:50 AM

There are some off road stores in Guadalajara, 4wheelparts even has a distributor down there:

http://www.4wheelparts.com.mx

http://www.diferenciales.com

Actually in Vallarte theres a 4x4 club that might help you (http://www.vallarta4x4.org). fourwheelers are cool people.

[Edited on 3-6-2013 by Archie]

desertcpl - 3-6-2013 at 11:57 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by comitan
Just put on a cheap replacement and send it back for rebuild.

that was exactly what I was going to say, its a no brainer

Bob H - 3-6-2013 at 01:01 PM

"Blew a Bilstien in Vallarta"

Sounds like a great name for a new country song !!

CortezBlue - 3-6-2013 at 09:57 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Bob H

It sounds like an act that is illegal is the state of Utah!

Sunman - 3-6-2013 at 10:39 PM

They are guaranteed for life right, the should send you a new one. Doesn't do much good now but if you an find a spare...in bilstein dealers in La Paz or Cabo?

Bob H - 3-7-2013 at 12:32 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by CortezBlue
Quote:
Originally posted by Bob H

It sounds like an act that is illegal is the state of Utah!

Now THAT is hilarious!!!:lol::lol::lol:

monoloco - 3-7-2013 at 12:42 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by whistler
Not sure what all this means.http://www.bilsteinus.com/products/search-service/warranty.html
It probably means you'll be holding the bag.