BajaNomad

New Baja Toy

Curt63 - 3-6-2013 at 10:00 AM

I picked up a new Baja toy yesterday. I'm still a Toyota guy, but all my NOB desert friends are going JEEPY (with age comes the cage).

I'm headed south in 3 weeks with a couple of Nomads, but wont be taking this baby.

'93 YJ 6 Cyl 4.0L Auto AC 2" lift, 32" Coopers and the price was right!

David K - 3-6-2013 at 10:38 AM

Nice Jeep Curt... you will be Ken Cooke's new best pal! Why not go on the Pole Line Road run with him this Spring Break... Good training and good break in for those tires!

tiotomasbcs - 3-6-2013 at 11:40 AM

That's a beautiful new Jeep Toy! Howz the ride? Teachers must be making the big bucks$$ these days?! :tumble: Enjoy, Amigo. Tio

Jeep

J.P. - 3-6-2013 at 07:16 PM

almost a twin to mine The top on my 91 is black about the only difference. We really like it. just drove it to San Diego today for less than half what it would have cost to take the Suburban

Frank - 3-7-2013 at 06:46 AM

You can never have enough toys. Good looking Jeep Curt.

Hook - 3-7-2013 at 07:09 AM

I have a much newer Jeep with the coil springs on all four wheels. I'm sure it's not nearly as off-road capable as a built, leaf spring model like yours. We're stock, all the way, except for Bilsteins all around.

But I just love the ride on dirt roads or even the dreaded partially-potholed, crumbling pavement. It just sucks the bumps up, with the tires at about 23-24psi. Most comfortable dirt ride I've even been on except maybe a newer Land Rover. Those things REALLY suck up the bumps.

We have a hard top, too, but a Jeep just doesnt feel like a Jeep until you get a rag top on it. We have our HT off for all months that dont require A/C, which is basically only July, August, Sept. Get yourself a rag top, if you dont have one. I really like the mesh ones; they dont trap as much heat underneath and you still get some sun on you.

Have fun.............we are.

Maiden voyage was amazing

Curt63 - 3-24-2013 at 08:52 PM

Blair Valley Jeep Trip March 2013

Ken Cooke - 3-24-2013 at 10:06 PM

Congrats on the purchase!

BajaBlanca - 3-25-2013 at 10:26 AM

good on you for getting a new toy !