BajaNomad

PASSPORT RENEWAL TIME

BAJA.DESERT.RAT - 3-11-2013 at 05:39 PM

I went onto " travel.state.gov " and my understanding is that i need to do my renewal online only.

also, it doesn't state how much it would cost me.

does anyone know how much it costs to renew a passport and must i do it online ?

i thank you in advance,

BIEN SALUD, DA RAT

bajalinda - 3-11-2013 at 07:10 PM

I think you can also renew at the consulate - call them to find out for sure. I think it runs about $75.00 US

U.S. Consular Agency in Los Cabos
Las Tiendas de Palmilla Local B221
Carretera Transpeninsular Km. 27.5
San José del Cabo, BCS, Mexico 23406
Telephone: (624) 143-3566 Fax: (624) 143-6750
E-mail: usconsulcabo@ yahoo.com
Office Hours: 9:00 am - 1:45pm
Monday through Friday

Katiejay99 - 3-11-2013 at 07:39 PM

I just went to the consulate in San Jose del Cabo (tiendas de Palmilla) last week and a renewal cost $110 and it takes 1 month. They will ask you for your passport and drivers license. They take copies of both and return both to you. It was an easy process. Finding the office was the problem...

You may want to call first to be sure the Consular is there on the day you go because he has to authorize it (or you have to return to pick up your originals). You do not need an appointment and you do not need to do anything online. They will give you a form package to fill out.

Edited to say: oops - forgot about the photos. I had them done in Todos Santos and took them with me.

[Edited on 3-12-2013 by Katiejay99]

Bob and Susan - 3-11-2013 at 07:48 PM

the forms are online...but you can't renew online

the renewal forms are online
you need a picture
and $110 bucks
then mail it all with the OLD passport to
the passport agency

no need to use the embassy

it's currently taking 4 weeks but can take 6 weeks

photocopy your old one while you wait...
the system in the usa is all computerized and the copy works ok

Bugman - 3-12-2013 at 04:04 PM

I just mailed mine in for renewal yesterday. It was $110 for the book (not the card) and needed to send in a new photo and the old passport book. I got and filled out the forms online. With any luck I will get the new one in about a month........