BajaNomad

Ottmar Liebert Nov 12 at Cecut in Tijuana

JESSE - 11-6-2004 at 05:52 PM

Wow!!! we rarely get to have concerts as good as ths one, Ottmar Liebert and Luna Negra will play at Cecut Friday 12, as part of the month long International festival of guitar, so for all of us Clasic guitar lovers, this is a great thing.

Tickets are just 250 pesos, and can be bought at the Tijuana cultural center (Cecut).

Bruce R Leech - 11-6-2004 at 06:28 PM

Try to find out if he will be coming south?

JESSE - 11-6-2004 at 06:44 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Bruce R Leech
Try to find out if he will be coming south?

Sorry Bruce, from here to Mexico city and then on with the rest of the world.

JESSE - 11-12-2004 at 07:34 PM

I am about to enter the concert one hour from now, tickets sold out a week ago but i came early hoping for a scalper or a no show, turned out a guy showed up wanting to get his money back because he wasnt going to be able to make it, and now i am ready and set with my tickets in hand.

See you in a few hours.:bounce:

JESSE - 11-13-2004 at 05:48 PM

The concert was awesome, the best i have seen Ottmart yet.

elgatoloco - 11-13-2004 at 11:59 PM

Lucky you.

I can not hear Ottmar Liebert without thinking Baja. I recall the first time I heard his music was camping in Catavi?a. It was the very first night I ever went camping with Barb. I have a photo of that first sunset.

Ottmar is classic!!

capt. mike - 11-14-2004 at 05:05 AM

not to worry Mateo, we have him onboard the entertainment center for this weekend's adventuras!
for those that enjoy his music may i recommend another similar artist from New Mexico, the one i have is entitled "Coyote Moon" and is by Ben Travera King, who is a woodwinds maestro. his music is enchanting, it will mesmerize you at night on a remote beach with a fire glinting and a 1/2 bottle of tequila laying around, stars or course too.

[Edited on 11-14-2004 by capt. mike]

Anonymous - 11-14-2004 at 02:43 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by elgatoloco
Lucky you.

I can not hear Ottmar Liebert without thinking Baja. I recall the first time I heard his music was camping in Catavi?a. It was the very first night I ever went camping with Barb. I have a photo of that first sunset.

Awesome Gato!!!

Anonymous - 11-14-2004 at 02:45 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by capt. mike
not to worry Mateo, we have him onboard the entertainment center for this weekend's adventuras!
for those that enjoy his music may i recommend another similar artist from New Mexico, the one i have is entitled "Coyote Moon" and is by Ben Travera King, who is a woodwinds maestro. his music is enchanting, it will mesmerize you at night on a remote beach with a fire glinting and a 1/2 bottle of tequila laying around, stars or course too.

[Edited on 11-14-2004 by capt. mike]

What you guys missed, was Ottmart picking up an electric guitar and playing Carlos Santana "Samba pa ti" Ottmart style, it drove the local crowd crazy.