BajaNomad

What happened to SUNDOG?

EnsenadaDr - 3-14-2013 at 10:18 PM

I asked this question a while back, what ever happened to Don Humphrey...no one knew him by that name. Now I see he was a member here under the name SUNDOG, but hasn't posted since October, 2011, anyone have any idea? I used to belong to his group South of the Border MX, but it hasn't had posts for almost two years.

David K - 3-14-2013 at 10:34 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by EnsenadaDr
I asked this question a while back, what ever happened to Don Humphrey...no one knew him by that name. Now I see he was a member here under the name SUNDOG, but hasn't posted since October, 2011, anyone have any idea? I used to belong to his group South of the Border MX, but it hasn't had posts for almost two years.

I communicated with a little a few years ago... I believe he lived in La Misión, north of Ensenada.

Hie web site is still online and full of links, including some of my pages... http://bajasundog.com

Here is his 'letter' below his photo, on his site:

My name is Don Humphrey, I have decided to put this page together to see if I might stumble across some of my long lost friends.

I've been around for a long time, so if we did meet some where along the way, it could have been a long long time ago.

You may have known me from Hanford CA, I was born and grew up there, Tulare CA, I lived there for a little while, Burbank CA, I was there about 4 years, Fresno CA, Now that was over a 20 year stay where I worked for a company by the name of Certified Ad for over 20 years, and met a lot of great people,

One time I even jumped on a train over in Canada and spent 30 days exploring that beautiful country and met alot of fantastic people,

I lived in the Pine Flat area east of Fresno for many moons,

I was in the US Navy and did boot camp in San Diego and then went to school at Great Lakes, close to Chicago,

spent some time in the south pacific,

I have been all over Asia, so it could have been Hong Kong, Tokyo, Subic Bay

Or it might have been along some mountain trail, horsebacking it up to the high country with my friend Bob and some of his cowboy friends, on our way to some remote mountain lake just to get away from it all .

I worked in a federal correctional center for a few years, but if you met me there you probably won't admit it.

Or maybe on the internet, where you just might know me only as Sundog.

It could have been down here in Mexico where I live now,

or we might have met any where else in the world I have been.

If you are just visiting one of my web pages don't forget to say hello.

Who knows, you might even see someone in the book you know.

In any event it is all for fun.

If you don't know me sign the book any way and let me know you dropped by.

Even if you don't sign my book, I'm glad you dropped by.

Life is just to damn short not to have friends.

And one more thing, yes those really were the good old days.

Hope to be hearing from you.
Don Humphrey