BajaNomad

Happy St. Paddy's Day in Baja

Gypsy Jan - 3-16-2013 at 05:06 PM

Evidently, Mexicans have embraced their San Patricio heritage.

Hubby called to let me know that he has been in line at Otay for two hours and he says he is nowhere near getting through.

[Edited on 3-17-2013 by Gypsy Jan]

bajaguy - 3-16-2013 at 05:28 PM

Hopefully there will be no green beer!!

shari - 3-16-2013 at 05:34 PM

We were just having "happy we got here HOUR" outside our rooms at Hotel Cowboy...with kashydog, lee & some secret nomads from Asuncion...you know who you are...we hope to dance a little jig tomorrow with those frisky calves at the lagoon.

Bajaguy, I was remembering your St.Paddies Day outfits and silly hats you wore to dinner last time you were here on this day...wish I had the photo with me to post.

Happy St. Patricks Day amigos!

DENNIS - 3-16-2013 at 05:56 PM

Mexico's Fighting Irish:

http://irishnewsreview.net/2012/11/20/san-patricios-mexicos-...

tiotomasbcs - 3-16-2013 at 05:59 PM

Watch out for Snakes!:D Tio

And This - Terrific Music

Gypsy Jan - 3-16-2013 at 06:03 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HNY8uyycPPI

[Edited on 3-17-2013 by Gypsy Jan]

Also This from The Chieftains

Gypsy Jan - 3-16-2013 at 06:30 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I69xQpL8DDQ

Silly Hats???

bajaguy - 3-16-2013 at 08:04 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by shari
We were just having "happy we got here HOUR" outside our Bajaguy, I was remembering your St.Paddies Day outfits and silly hats you wore to dinner last time you were here on this day...wish I had the photo with me to post.

Bajablonde says "what silly hat???"

hat.jpg - 45kB

Ateo - 3-16-2013 at 08:06 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by shari
We were just having "happy we got here HOUR" outside our rooms at Hotel Cowboy...with kashydog, lee & some secret nomads from Asuncion...you know who you are...we hope to dance a little jig tomorrow with those frisky calves at the lagoon.

Bajaguy, I was remembering your St.Paddies Day outfits and silly hats you wore to dinner last time you were here on this day...wish I had the photo with me to post.

Secret Nomads and all Nomads in GN: Have fun maņana! Say hi to them for me!

David K - 3-16-2013 at 11:45 PM

I have Irish blood, and as soon as I get off the computer, a beautiful corned beed brisket is going in the crock pot with carrots, an onion, and in the morning I add cabbage. A couple of Irish Car Bombs will help set the mood tomorrow (the only way I enjoy Guinness and whiskey)!

St Patrick's Day

bajaguy - 3-17-2013 at 09:13 AM

Seems like everybody is Irish today, as it should be!!!!

A little Irish Humor........

What do you call an Irishman who stays out all night???

Paddy O'Furniture

Skipjack Joe - 3-17-2013 at 09:17 AM

Wishing you the best, McFez.

Zapotec - 3-17-2013 at 09:51 AM

Wishing we were in Baja to celebrate St. Patrick's day!

David K - 3-17-2013 at 11:00 AM

The smell.... mmmm! A couple more hours... I made my first cole slaw with the extra cabbage... found the KFC recipe for the dressing online... so far seems to have worked!

David K - 3-17-2013 at 04:45 PM

The corned beef turned out great... my best yet! Yea... 14 hours in the crock pot... and my first time making coleslaw was also great! No Car Bombs, (no Guinness)... but I had a good cup of Irish coffee this morning (Jameson and Bailey's)!