BajaNomad

Travel This Week

rogbag - 3-25-2013 at 10:31 AM

The Doc has finally agreed to cut me loose, and am wondering if there is an advantage, or disadvantage, to driving the length of baja this week. We would leave Fresno Thursday, arrive in Los Barriles on Saturday. There a greater or smaller proportion of lunatics and/or drunks out there this time of year?
Roger

elgatoloco - 3-25-2013 at 11:16 AM

It is Semana Santa so hopefully everyone is already at the beach and the roads are clear.............or not.

Bajaboy - 3-25-2013 at 11:39 AM

Stay in Fresno or go to Baja....seems like an easy decision to me:?:

Pompano - 3-25-2013 at 12:04 PM

Hi rogbag,

We're in the same boat in a couple ways, it seems. Same name, same docs orders, and same time frame in tackling the Baja Road during Easter Madness.

It's not as bad as it's made out to be, but I will still be extra cautious when... we bug out of San Diego manana.

I've made this trip so many times I lost count many years ago, and each trip I find something new to either complain or rejoice about. Just know that....Sometimes you're the windshield, sometimes you're the bug.

So go for it. Life is for the living...the sheer living of it.

Just do your normal safe driving routines... and if you me smelling some flowers by the roadside, don't hit me in the butt!

shari - 3-25-2013 at 12:21 PM

traveling this week is much busier than normal...there can be gas shortages to keep your tank topped up...be extra cautious in the Bahia Conception area for people pulling out of beaches...lots of drunks, hungover, tired folks driving so there are always more accidents this week....but there are also all those scantily clad Tecate girls everywhere, lots more cold beer stands along the road and fun events....we are outta here within the hour to points south!

BajaBlanca - 3-25-2013 at 08:38 PM

have a safe trip all of you !