BajaNomad

algodones Dentist today

MICK - 3-26-2013 at 08:29 PM

Penny and I went to see our new dentist. Thanks to Pompano's 2011 Post we went to Dr. Luis Medina. He was very good. We hd our teeth cleaned and xrays for all of 30.00 each. before we moved down here our dentist wanted 270.00 I have to say it was worth the drive.
thanks again Roger. It is hard to decide who to go to there are so many.
Mick

durrelllrobert - 3-27-2013 at 09:14 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by MICK
Penny and I went to see our new dentist. Thanks to Pompano's 2011 Post we went to Dr. Luis Medina. He was very good. We hd our teeth cleaned and xrays for all of 30.00 each. before we moved down here our dentist wanted 270.00 I have to say it was worth the drive.
thanks again Roger. It is hard to decide who to go to there are so many.
Mick

Been there,done that. Definetly worth the drive from Ensenada for dental work AND eye glasses.

capt. mike - 3-30-2013 at 10:50 AM

many people enjoy the economy of using mexican licensed dentists. As a flying Sam i have taken dozens of US dentists to remote make shift clinics with minimal equipment to help impoverished workers who do not pay into the mex social med system so can't get work done that system.

i just read a report to be cautious about cross border dental work due to lack of central regulations but more importantly concern for bacterial cross contamination from 2 sources - incomplete sterilization of implements and the water quality in some towns which is used - and can bring the chance for infection during procedures.

just an observation. I have reasonably priced safe dental available stateside which i prefer.

DavidE - 3-30-2013 at 11:04 AM

At risk of earning contempt for multiple posts about the subject...

People with heart rhythm problems like afib SHOULD NOT receive anything else but Novocaine without epinephrine which 99.9% of Mexican Novocaine has. Get an Rx and bring your own from the states. Talk to your doctor about this.