BajaNomad

April, 2004: Baja Lou, Mexitron, Taco de Baja, Pappy

David K - 3-28-2013 at 12:25 PM

Cleaning out my Baja keep sakes, I thought I would share this with you...

On Easter Vacation 2004, Baja Nomad member 'jide' and I went to explore the canyons facing Valle Chico (southwest of an Felipe)... Parral, Berrendo, Agua Caliente, El Cajon, etc.

Baja Lou and a group from El Dorado were also going to explore Parral and Berrendo the same days.

Taco de Baja (Brooks), Mexitron, Pappy, and 'Huddo' were headed to Matomi Canyon to hike beyond the ranch house there. They had just completed a multi day hike to Mission San Pedro Martir with Jack Swords!

We were all going to try and hook up at Parral Canyon on the same day... and we DID!

Mexitron and friends arrived first and made this sign... Lou and company arrived next and then jide and I... Good times!

(L to R) Taco de Baja, Huddo, Mexitron, and Pappy who met us at Parral's entrance gate.

Also at the Parral gate was the gang from El Dorado Ranch, led by Baja Lou

More from that trip: http://www.vivabaja.com/404/

More from Mexitron's Matomi hike: http://vivabaja.com/mexitron/ (on page 5)

Good times, with Nomads, 9 years ago!:cool:

pappy - 3-28-2013 at 01:02 PM

can't believe it was that long ago! that was a GREAT week of adventure for sure!

David K - 3-29-2013 at 02:36 PM

It was really cool how we all met at Parral entrance. Good Baja times!

A soft spoken giant he was....

mcfez - 3-29-2013 at 03:19 PM

Lou was the most respected man that I ever came across in Baja. He lived right down the street from me......and his home was a revolving door for his kind hospitality of all. Quiet spoken...and what was spoken....was pure. Fantastic guy.

RIP Lou

[Edited on 3-30-2013 by mcfez]

mcfez - 3-29-2013 at 03:21 PM

[Edited on 3-30-2013 by mcfez]

Mexitron - 3-29-2013 at 03:30 PM

Yes, Lou is missed!

Larana - 3-30-2013 at 06:41 AM

Can't believe it ws 9 years ago. Lou was our dear friend and we were along on that trip. Those canyons were wonderful and the trip remains one of my special memories. Have been back a few times but not quite the same as the first.