BajaNomad

Promoting the Baja.

mcfez - 3-31-2013 at 02:04 PM

Perhaps we should start a few more topics about the good .....and what the future may be....for our Baja. I was just visiting Randy's site http://www.blueroadrunner.com/ and saw this interesting clip on the highway construction of Mex 5. Feb 13, 2013

I am seeing much more positive new accounts of Baja...and am hearing that the real estate market in San Felipe is slowly picking up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPNDuIdZn_M&feature=youtu...

durrelllrobert - 3-31-2013 at 03:47 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by mcfez
Perhaps we should start a few more topics about the good .....and what the future may be....for our Baja.

Would that apply to the OT too?

tripledigitken - 3-31-2013 at 04:03 PM

"The Baja", tell me it ain't so.

mcfez - 3-31-2013 at 04:15 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by durrelllrobert
Quote:
Perhaps we should start a few more topics about the good .....and what the future may be....for our Baja.

Would that apply to the OT too?

No...OT as you know real well Bob has lots of good topics as well as bad. You know...sort of like here in the General Topics.....where the flames are hot and ready.

[Edited on 4-1-2013 by mcfez]

David K - 3-31-2013 at 04:18 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by tripledigitken
"The Baja", tell me it ain't so.

Out of consideration for our Canadian Nomads, perhaps?

The Baja Map-r.JPG - 23kB

mcfez - 3-31-2013 at 05:29 PM

I'll call it "The Baja" as I and many others do...but thanks for your insights of your personal opinion.

Sometimes we all have our names for Baja or parts of it......such as Shell Island or Estero Percebu

Baja California is part of the country of Mexico, and the peninsula is divided into two states: Baja California (northern half) and Baja California Sur (southern half).

When talking about the northern state, often the word 'Norte' is added to Baja California = 'Baja California Norte' when excluding the southen half.

Americans will refer to the entire peninsula as 'Baja' or the two states as 'Baja Norte' and 'Baja Sur', dropping 'California' from the names.

Canadians and some other English speakers often refer to the peninsula as 'The Baja'.... such as the way British people will say 'The Sudan', 'The Congo', etc.

Mexican people will also drop 'California' from the name and say 'La Baja', or 'The Baja' when speaking English.

I am sure also that when addressing Tijuana ........for some that address it as TJ...is doomed on this board. My Gods....dont ever say "the cape" either!

I have read these debates about how to address Baja "properly"... for the last 8 years here at the Bn. Time for some of you "get over it" and accept the fact that you are not in fact......correct.

BTW: McFez is from 'the' United States

sancho - 4-1-2013 at 10:20 AM

Promoting Baja tourism got me wondering what %
of vehicles that cross into Mex at TJ/Calexico venture
so. of Ensenada/San Felipe? I'm guessing about 2%, 2 vehicles
out of every 100 maybe less. The fly down tourists I assume,
account for a large # of Baja tourists. I think the
number of driving tourists that get so. on the
Peninsula is and always has been a fraction of
total tourists to Baja

Today’s reality is that Baja tourism is on the rise.

mcfez - 4-1-2013 at 12:17 PM

"......In Baja’s northern state of Baja California and the southern state of Baja California Sur, 2013 looks to be a period of economic growth, fueled in large part by a growth in tourism.

"....Under the leadership of Hugo Torres (former mayor of Rosarito and owner of the Rosarito Beach Hotel) and Baja California’s Secretary of Tourism, Juan Tintos Funcke, the committee seeks to proactively engage with the public and media, sharing the good news about Baja — safety, affordability, regional attractions and user-friendliness.

Interesting that there is a tidal flow of good stories appearing about "THE" Baja thru out the papers and web.....
http://www.sandiegored.com/noticias/33459/Seeing-a-Bright-Fu...

mrfatboy - 4-1-2013 at 03:11 PM

LOL. Ridiculous. Reminds me of people that say stuff like "do you use THE google or THE Facebook?"

DavidE - 4-1-2013 at 03:30 PM

Using "THE"

For Baja California, the region with Quintana Roo and Yucatan I simply refer to them as THE peninsula.

Floridians would have something to say about THE FLORIDA (The Flowering)

But I don't mind people using whatever term they wish. It helps to categorize them IMHO

toneart - 4-1-2013 at 03:47 PM

Quote:
Perhaps we should start a few more topics about the good .....and what the future may be....for our Baja. I was just visiting Randy's site http://www.blueroadrunner.com/ and saw this interesting clip on the highway construction of Mex 5. Feb 13, 2013

I am seeing much more positive new accounts of Baja...and am hearing that the real estate market in San Felipe is slowly picking up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPNDuIdZn_M&feature=youtu...

You'd better duck, FezMan. :O I saw it coming. :rolleyes::yes:

mcfez - 4-1-2013 at 04:23 PM

LOL. Ridiculous. Reminds me of people that say stuff like " THE United States . Wow....like THE Arctic. Perhaps THE United Kingdom.

However you want to slice it mrfatboy........do better research using THE Yahoo :-)

Quote:
Originally posted by mrfatboy
LOL. Ridiculous. Reminds me of people that say stuff like "do you use THE google or THE Facebook?"

mrfatboy - 4-1-2013 at 04:29 PM

Quote:
LOL. Ridiculous. Reminds me of people that say stuff like " THE United States . Wow....like THE Arctic. Perhaps THE United Kingdom.

However you want to slice it mrfatboy........do better research using THE Yahoo :-)

Quote:
Originally posted by mrfatboy

I have no problem with people that use "the" correctly :lol:

"The End"

:spingrin:

It's April Fools day! :lol:

mcfez - 4-1-2013 at 04:32 PM

You promise us that is ....................THE END?

Great....now we can get back to the Baja.....

motoged - 4-1-2013 at 05:35 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by David K

Out of consideration for our Canadian Nomads, perhaps?

David,
McFez didn't like you mocking him on the other The Baja thread....I don't appreciate you mocking Canadians on this thread. Find another less insulting way to entertain your jingoistic mind...:no:

DENNIS - 4-1-2013 at 05:52 PM

MYMYMY....people certainly are cranky today. Must be the weather....or something.

David K - 4-1-2013 at 05:54 PM

Wow... gang up time again... McFez posted after I did not before, in the other thread... I was replying to (and quoted tipledigitken) for his (HIS) questioning the added 'the' before Baja.

Nearly every time someone asks about "The Baja" it is a Canadian, and there is NOTHING wrong with that, in my opinion. However, it drives some purists batty... If you have Ferna de Tijuana as a Facebook friend, you will see how it upsets a group he subscribes to.

mcfez - 4-1-2013 at 06:06 PM

I never thought of you as being a thick skull that denies everything or makes up excuses for his negative behavior. Amazing that you feel you can post your view points over and over til "they conform" with your thought pattern.

I'll ask you......do not mock me. It's cheap and it's trolling.

Quote:
Wow... gang up time again... McFez posted after I did not before, in the other thread... I was replying to (and quoted tipledigitken) for his (HIS) questioning the added 'the' before Baja.

Nearly every time someone asks about "The Baja" it is a Canadian, and there is NOTHING wrong with that, in my opinion. However, it drives some purists batty... If you have Ferna de Tijuana as a Facebook friend, you will see how it upsets a group he subscribes to.

David K - 4-1-2013 at 06:12 PM

Show me PLEASE where I 'mock' you... or why you think I would? Seriously, if I have to say sorry to make the peace, then I am sorry.

mcfez - 4-1-2013 at 06:22 PM

If you are seriously this blind to see the mockery.....I wont feed to this anymore. It's a endless street and most BN here don't want to hear of it.

Perhaps you will get a few U2's from others ....showing your tasteless approach.

There is always peace with you and me DavidK......friends don't have to agree on all subjects. I'm just asking that you respect my viewpoint on the use of The Baja or Baja ..........especially posting that darn map twice.

Quote:
Show me PLEASE where I 'mock' you... or why you think I would? Seriously, if I have to say sorry to make the peace, then I am sorry.

[Edited on 4-2-2013 by mcfez]

David K - 4-1-2013 at 06:29 PM

I use it too... I don't have ANYTHING against you saying "The Baja", I thought the personalized plates I owned since 1980 would have made that clear if my words do not...? Let's move on and call this some kind of mis-communication.

nomad 041.jpg - 29kB

durrelllrobert - 4-1-2013 at 07:39 PM

Quote:
I use it too... I don't have ANYTHING against you saying "The Baja", I thought the personalized plates I owned since 1980 would have made that clear if my words do not...? Let's move on and call this some kind of mis-communication.

Plate is out of date by 16 years. Hope that you are not too.