David K - 4-1-2013 at 09:57 AM

:light:

The Baja Map-r.JPG - 23kB

tripledigitken - 4-1-2013 at 10:03 AM

:lol::lol::lol:

DENNIS - 4-1-2013 at 10:44 AM

April Fools day was yesterday.

Whale-ista - 4-1-2013 at 12:42 PM

To avoid aforementioned map names and/or typo issues, please advise: will it be "El Baja" or "La Baja"?

:D

BajaBlanca - 4-1-2013 at 02:00 PM

elgatoloco ! that was a good one !

:lol:

paranewbi - 4-1-2013 at 02:43 PM

SEE DK!!! This is why surfers never give away the names of secret spots! Of course all surfers name their secrets spot and each secret spot has many names so in a way naming your own secret spot keeps it 'yours' to name :)

If I ever go there, I'm gonna name it Shelly Island after my sister.

tripledigitken - 4-1-2013 at 06:27 PM

The topic of the term "The Baja" vs. Baja has been several threads over the seven years I have been posting on BAJA NOMADS.

This time it has turned into the most confrontational that I can recall. It has been more humorous in nature in times past.

April's Fools Day didn't even help either.

peace, love and fish tacos.........

"tipledigitken"

(to DK's defense, no one has taken more chit over a term than he has for Shell Island. Look it up!!!!)

David K - 4-1-2013 at 06:39 PM

Thank you Ken... Happy 'April Fools' to you too... I think I will now start pouring the wine, my granddaughter is heading back home after 5 fun days here... and I am worn out! I thought I could check in with my amigos here to see how they did... my bad! LOL

paranewbi - 4-1-2013 at 07:16 PM

WAAAA, WAAA, WAAA. DK...
I just spent yesterday with 11 of them all like your 1!!! My Grandkids and their parents to.

So that trumps your piddley 5 days with one!

I like April Fools Day because it's become 'pour it on DK day' !

:)

sancho - 4-2-2013 at 11:35 AM

As someone pointed out in a reply, The Yucatan Peninsula
is generally referred to as The Yucatan, so I see it
as acceptable as The Baja Peninsula, as The Baja,
not my choice, but Alex Trubek says it's OK

DENNIS - 4-2-2013 at 11:39 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by sancho
so I see it
as acceptable as The Baja Peninsula, as The Baja,

Either way is acceptable. What's the difference? It's no more than some weird snobbery that makes no sense at all.

The more people object, the more they're going to hear it.

David K - 4-2-2013 at 02:45 PM

It was one of the things I had asked Antonio (a Mexican from Baja California) when I noticed he used 'La Baja'/ 'The Baja'... and he assured me it was just fine as a short or nick name, in Spanish.

While there still are purists who cannot separate the great amount of power the word 'Baja' has without needing California attached to it. They seem to only see it as the word for 'Lower'... so in essence 'The Lower'. Baja is great and can live on its own, IMO... even though grammatically incorrect. :smug:

Phil S - 4-3-2013 at 09:58 AM

McFez. Oooooppppscssss was because for some reason I had thought I had read other comments you had made in the past regarding David. Must be my 79 years of being a 'non teacher' where I somewhat react when I think I detect a 'teacher' correcting or finding fault with David. He's contributed so much to this forum, and I never was one to want to correct someone or get on his 'case', that didn't have my brains in gear. Just my mouth/mind. Since you say it has only been once before in seven years, I'll bow to your recollection and say, I'm sorry I erroneously made a bad assumption. PS

tripledigitken - 4-3-2013 at 10:59 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by David K
I think I will change my handle to 'The David K' ! :light::biggrin:

Thanks to The Bajaboy for The Idea!

When you start referring to yourself as The David K or even David K, that will be a new thread!!!!

sancho - 4-3-2013 at 11:08 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by tripledigitken
that will be a new thread!!!!

Just don't mention turning in an fmm when
you leave Baja, just goofing with you The DK

You can't have it both ways......

mcfez - 4-3-2013 at 05:30 PM

You deleted this entire post (below)David? The one with the three maps? Just curious why you would do that? Txs

Quote:
I don't get it... you keep suggesting I am saying or doing things that I am not...? I don't care what you or anyone calls it, I call it Shell Island... it fits, it sounds cool, and there is no reason not to.

For the interest of other Nomads...

Here is a close up of the island on a pilot's map:

I don't get it... you keep suggesting I am saying or doing things that I am not...? I don't care what you or anyone calls it, I call it The Baja... it fits, it sounds cool, and there is no reason not to.

For the interest of other Nomads...

Here is a close up of the island on a Baja map:

:lol::P:lol::P

[Edited on 4-5-2013 by mcfez]

David K - 4-3-2013 at 05:35 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by mcfez
I don't get it... you keep suggesting I am saying or doing things that I am not...? I don't care what you or anyone calls it, I call it The Baja... it fits, it sounds cool, and there is no reason not to.

:lol::P:lol::P

I call it that too! I sure am not getting this Deno, sorry!

I even paid money for many years to say it on my 4WD Subarus:

[Edited on 4-4-2013 by David K]

nomad 041.jpg - 29kB

mcfez - 4-3-2013 at 05:45 PM

Well David..........

You want us to respect your calling Estero Percebú...... Shell Island.

Then respect those of us calling .......Baja .....The Baja.

It's very simple to understand David.

David K - 4-3-2013 at 05:51 PM

I do respect you saying The Baja! Where did you ever think I didn't???

Also, I don't care if you call the beach Estero Percebu or Timbuktu... seriously. Sorry we are having difficulty communicating!

mcfez - 4-3-2013 at 05:59 PM

David................I've been asking to drop this. Several times now.

You got Shell Island and I have The Baja.

[Edited on 4-4-2013 by mcfez]

DENNIS - 4-3-2013 at 06:06 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by mcfez
David................I've been asking to drop this. Several times now.

You got Shell Beach and I have The Baja.

Perfect. let's move on.......please.

paranewbi - 4-4-2013 at 02:00 PM

I think this is the first time I've ever seen two guys fighting it out by peein into the wind.

David K - 4-4-2013 at 04:22 PM

Nope, I deleted nothing here... sorry. Do you want to see maps that actually show the island in this thread, too? I am happy to help Baja travelers with adventure ideas!

EDIT: After searching, I see the maps of the island were removed, but it wasn't by me.

[Edited on 4-4-2013 by David K]

paranewbi - 4-5-2013 at 03:52 AM

Seems like several posts have dissapeared from this thread...how does that work? Is someone behind the curtain pulling levers that censor items? Or is this author driven and how does one remove their own posting after publication?

Sorry guys, I just realized I have opened the door for DK to post number 32,767 but I'm cutting and pasting this answer into the relevent chapter of my new book: 'why-for according to DK'

David K - 4-5-2013 at 08:09 AM

If anyone doesn't want to have any of the history, or facts, (from books and maps) or my personal experiences here to read, then they can simply not read my posts. Nobody makes anybody read anything on Nomad. As far a removing posts, only the author or this board's owner can do that. I did not remove the maps. Why the book burning campaign anyway? If you think 'less is more', then the Internet probably isn't a good place for you to be?

DianaT - 4-5-2013 at 08:17 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by paranewbi
Seems like several posts have dissapeared from this thread...how does that work? Is someone behind the curtain pulling levers that censor items? Or is this author driven and how does one remove their own posting after publication?

Doug does censor and remove posts at times --- his board, so he does as he sees fit --- as well he should!

To delete you own post, just hit the edit button on the top and then there is an option at the bottom to delete the post. Only Doug can delete an entire thread.

If you don't want someone's post to be deleted, quote it in your own post --- then again, Doug can still delete that if he sees fit.

It is all about the ownership rights and the witness protection program. :biggrin:

[Edited on 4-5-2013 by DianaT]

greengoes - 4-5-2013 at 08:30 AM

Winston Smith is alive and well in The Baja.

woody with a view - 4-5-2013 at 10:24 AM

Quote:
If anyone doesn't want to read my posts.

i try as hard as i can but i am only human.....:light:

elgatoloco - 4-5-2013 at 11:37 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by DianaT
Quote:
Originally posted by paranewbi

To delete you own post, just hit the edit button on the top and then there is an option at the bottom to delete the post. :biggrin:

[Edited on 4-5-2013 by DianaT]

So that's how you delete a post? Who knew? :lol::dudette::saint::tumble::spingrin:;D

BajaNomad - 4-5-2013 at 11:58 PM

:saint: