BajaNomad

Weekend Bro Bro Surf Trip

Ateo - 4-6-2013 at 01:03 PM

Not tons of surf photos here....................was too busy surfing, eating, getting some spa time and sleeping.

Headed down south with 4 friends last weekend. This was the same crew that used to go south before violence garnered the headlines a few years ago. Our last trip was to San Antonio Del Mar (Colonet area) 5 years ago!!! Mi esposa sent us off with 5 pounds of home made carne asada. Anyways, it was a good trip.............no one was beheaded and my bros may have even grown enough of a pair to get the courage to invite the wives next time.

The surf was close to pumping Friday and Saturday. The eye bandage was our response to a large cut above the eye that happened while my buddy was trying to hold on to his board while going over the falls.

woody with a view - 4-6-2013 at 01:33 PM

i call BS "close to pumping" without fotos!

BornFisher - 4-6-2013 at 02:06 PM

That last pic reminds me of a scene from "The Endless Summer", when they are packing to go around the world. Their first aid kit was ---- one bandage!!!

Ateo - 4-6-2013 at 02:27 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by woody with a view
i call BS "close to pumping" without fotos!

LOL!!!

Friday/Sat it was what I would call a couple feet overhead. Now, the shape was still Gaviotas (not great), kind of sectiony.

Ateo - 4-6-2013 at 02:32 PM

OK Woody, I'll bite. Here it was -- Gaviotas in all it's glory!!!

Ateo - 4-6-2013 at 02:35 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by BornFisher
That last pic reminds me of a scene from "The Endless Summer", when they are packing to go around the world. Their first aid kit was ---- one bandage!!!

Really? I don't remember that. Will have to watch again one of these days. Thanks for taking the time to post! Later.

Terry28 - 4-6-2013 at 02:59 PM

Ateo, Nice, I only wish Las Gaviotas had that S.B. line up...and I could see my house in your first photo.......

woody with a view - 4-6-2013 at 03:36 PM

that's more like it!!!

Ateo - 4-6-2013 at 03:42 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Terry28
Ateo, Nice, I only wish Las Gaviotas had that S.B. line up...and I could see my house in your first photo.......

THis is a secret spot somewhere on the west coast.

Next time I want to rent your place Terry.

woody with a view - 4-6-2013 at 03:53 PM

Terry is still running the Great Recession Special!!!! Great rate for his spot!

pappy - 4-7-2013 at 09:05 AM

nice lineup!

BajaGeoff - 4-8-2013 at 09:31 AM

Excellent! I love Gaviotas....