BajaNomad

"Mimosa King" (aka Pompano)brings joy to Asuncionites

shari - 4-6-2013 at 01:08 PM

We have been honoured by a visit from the Mimosa King himself...the illustrious Pompano! He spreads joy to all his subjects with his lovely fresh Mimosas accompanied by wit and charm.Naturally he serves the young Italian senorita first...

and here is is advising his subjects on taxation, or alcohol production or consumption or some such topic...

we locked the children away with a movie and monopoly so the tribal adults could dance naked around the fire....or at least tell a few dirty jokes...Boe4fun recited a sonnett or two for the royal family and we all had a raucous time of it.

His royal highness...hahaha...pretty accurate description I figure...was in fine form at a gathering of new & old amigos in Asuncion hosted by Redmesa who have the best party firepit around these parts.

"Coyote" prepared fireside clams for everyone...thanks to Bajafam bringing a stash with them. He, son Noah and copilot Sara will begin their walk to Abreojos on Monday.

It was a regal affair...a royal feast...complete with jugglers, acrobats, a fool or three!

Bajagypsy - 4-6-2013 at 01:24 PM

Sorry we were not there! Looks like it was a blast!

woody with a view - 4-6-2013 at 01:31 PM

good times in the hood!:cool:

vgabndo - 4-6-2013 at 01:47 PM

Boy OH boy, that is a gathering of my favorite people. Sorry I missed another chance to see Pomp.

In the 4th photo, isn't that Roberto and Chuy on the far side of the fire? I owe them a huge debt of gratitude for helping me get my truck home from Mexico last month. If a gringo is in trouble in Baja, they want those two on their 'team'. Plus, Roberto laughs at my jokes in Spanish, a guarantee of fast friendship!

And, how sweet to get an update on Noah and his parents! We thoroughly enjoyed the brief time we spent in their camp. As an old hippie, I am really enthralled by their success at intentional homelessness. What kind of special man is Noah going to grow up to be?

Timo1 - 4-6-2013 at 03:09 PM

Did you do a Tim and Barb dance ??

shari - 4-6-2013 at 03:36 PM

yes indeed we did Timo...luckily Barb wasnt here to feed us her famous paralysers...so no one even fell into the fire...I think that's a first.

Sederic, Sarah and Noah will be off soon to work as dive masters and resort managers in the place of their choice...they are deciding between Panama, Costa Rica & a few other options at the moment...ah the Nomadic life!

BajaBlanca - 4-7-2013 at 06:57 AM

what a fun time it looks like you all had!

Iflyfish - 4-7-2013 at 08:56 AM

Pomp and Circumstance!

Iflyfish

Skipjack Joe - 4-8-2013 at 12:52 AM

What, no lutefisk?

What kind of a hostess are you, Shari?