BajaNomad

Naranjos and Playa Frambes

BajaBlanca - 4-6-2013 at 11:51 PM

well....Les asked if I wanted to explore Naranjos quickly on our way home from Loreto yesterday .... goes without saying that the answer was affirmative.

I was very surprised when suddenly there was a sign for PLAYA FRAMBES ! Hey, those are bajanomaders, I said, and we turned a quick left and we found Sue, who showed us around .... Bob was not there, maybe next time !

the views from the lighhouse are nothing short of spectacular:

look to the right

look to the left

after playa frambes (BTW the rate is %160 a night), we went down the beach a ways and hit naranjos ... these are 30 cottages which are scattered along the beach and back - they are VERY RUSTIC but have beds and kitchens and baths for $20 a night:

Naranjos was spotlessly clean, not a bit of trash or plastic or paper anywhere !

Bob and Susan - 4-7-2013 at 05:46 AM

yes I missed you guys...water water water

no services here on the bay

maybe next time

drzura - 4-7-2013 at 09:26 AM

Is that sargasso grass in the water that I see? What is the water temperature right now? Damn... I can't wait to get to San Lucas next month.

Bob and Susan - 4-7-2013 at 11:57 AM

yup...

lots of grass floating around

pinto bass tourney was this week
lots of big fish

BajaBlanca - 4-7-2013 at 05:58 PM

I forgot to put my foot in the water but we saw so many swimmers while traveling north...it must be PERFECT temps.

Hook - 4-7-2013 at 06:19 PM

Is that 160 dollars a night? :?:

yellowklr - 4-7-2013 at 08:11 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Hook
Is that 160 dollars a night? :?:

wondering the same?

Ateo - 4-7-2013 at 08:17 PM

Wow. Don't show this post to my wife.

Hope to see you guys someday soon. Looks like a pleasant place.

woody with a view - 4-8-2013 at 03:23 AM

it keeps the riff raff out!:lol:

BajaBlanca - 4-8-2013 at 06:48 AM

After 2 days you include a boat ?!! Wow....that sounds awesome.

The premises were spotless, as you can tell by the pics.

I forewarn that you have to (obviously) climb a lot of very narrow stairs to reach the top of the lighthouse - first floor is bathroom. up a flight of stairs and there is a bed. up another flight of stairs and I think this is where you reach the top with the muy spectacular views!

Terry28 - 4-8-2013 at 10:39 AM

If Woody wants to go my wife and I will go to!!!

David K - 4-8-2013 at 03:18 PM

Blanca,

For our one year anniversary we enjoyed two nights at Bob & Susan's resort... and highly recommend it... Here are some of my photos from the July, 2009 vacation, there:

Bob, in charge...

No shortage of love (or Pacificos), poolside! :bounce:

woody with a view - 4-8-2013 at 03:19 PM

We are planning for Oct. this year. Don't know if i wanna fly to loreto or just drive......

BajaBlanca - 4-8-2013 at 05:10 PM

@David- How wonderful to have spent your vacation in such beautiful surroundings.

Woody -fly if you can swing it. Fast and fun.

woody with a view - 4-8-2013 at 07:21 PM

Volaris doesn't fly to Loreto? WTF? how do i get there, Alaska?

absinvestor - 4-9-2013 at 09:57 AM

Water temp should be the similar to Santispac or El Burro which was 72 last weekend.

vandenberg - 4-9-2013 at 10:37 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by woody with a view
Volaris doesn't fly to Loreto? WTF? how do i get there, Alaska?

Woody, if you're in the San Diego area, you could easily make Bob's place in one day. It's about 80 miles north of Loreto. So, about 650 miles, a long day, but doable.

woody with a view - 4-9-2013 at 10:43 AM

oh i know it! i just thought Volaris is so cheap AND FAST that it would be worth while. i guess i'll just have a 3-4 day drive home and check out some old haunts.....

:cool:

David K - 4-9-2013 at 12:08 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by BajaBlanca
@David- How wonderful to have spent your vacation in such beautiful surroundings.

Woody -fly if you can swing it. Fast and fun.

Well for two of the nights anyway... other nights at Loreto, Playa la Perla, El Rosario: http://vivabaja.com/709

Woody, Bob & Susan's is 2 hours north of Loreto and very near Mulege on Bahia Concepcion.