BajaNomad

The Rotties at Six Months

Gypsy Jan - 4-10-2013 at 10:58 PM

Dogs 010 Reduced.jpg - 38kB

bigjohn - 4-11-2013 at 11:33 PM

Great looking pups and nice saltillo tiles as well! :yes:

We Love Our Saltillo Tiles as Well

Gypsy Jan - 4-12-2013 at 01:06 PM

But, of course, not as much as the puppies.

They are "dog print" tiles, which means they lay out to dry in the sun and the resident dogs left their footprints in the wet clay.

The vendor claimed that they would bring good luck to the house, and, of course, charged more for them than the plain tiles.

No matter, I like revisiting those footprints in clay on my way to my morning coffee.

Loretana - 4-12-2013 at 01:29 PM

I was at a tile manufacturing place in Tecate, and I saw a "dog footprint" stamp they were using to make those tiles! :lol:

I have a few of those in my house, too.

Love those rotties.

[Edited on 4-12-2013 by Loretana]

absinvestor - 4-12-2013 at 01:29 PM

If I'm a burglar, I am avoiding your home!!

Yes, Burglars Look Elsewhere for Easier Targets!

Gypsy Jan - 4-12-2013 at 01:44 PM

We picked up our daughter from San Diego yesterday for her first visit in six months to the casa.

The Rotties circled up around her and barked for about twenty minutes at full volume. "Danger, danger, stranger!"

She knows dogs and wasn't phased, but this was a pretty impressive demonstration of how the pups feel about their job of protecting their home.

[Edited on 4-13-2013 by Gypsy Jan]

Udo - 4-12-2013 at 03:04 PM

Adorable, mooches, Jan!

Also, nice watch dogs!!

DavidE - 4-12-2013 at 04:05 PM

¿Cuanto Vale Alimento Para Los Perros?

How much do they eat?

Having been around Mexico a bit I have to say they do respect Rottweilers a lot. Pit Bulls too. But for sheer, utter terror, no dog seems to match that given off by a black-face German Shepherd. Mexicans just seem to freak out when they see one. Mighty curious bit of trivia.

Black Coloring Seems to Be Feared Across the Board

Gypsy Jan - 4-12-2013 at 06:18 PM

Black-faced German Shepherds generally resemble wolves in their appearance which sets off the fear button with many Mexicans.

DavidE - 4-13-2013 at 11:00 AM

Jan, I've never seen anything like it. A pit bull can tear two shepherds to shreds without working up a sweat but many Mexican women wet their shorts when a black face shepherd crosses their path. And wolves are not part of Mexican culture. Perhaps Spanish, but even that sounds kinda stretching things.

Do your rascally rotties eat a lot? What is your pick for dog food?

A 210 pound all-muscle rottweiler by the name of "Goliath" adopted me in Fort Bragg, and he was the friendliest most playful dog you can imagine. The neighborhood bully Doberman P-ncher who used to shred my malamute regularly turned tail and ran full speed when Goliath came around to play with my dog.

What and How Much Do the Rotties Eat?

Gypsy Jan - 4-13-2013 at 02:24 PM

Breakfast and dinner, they each get a measured serving of roughly two cups of dry food (using a plastic cereal bowl we got for free as a premium).

Then I add about a cup each of homemade meat/vegetable soup to moisten the dry food.

Then a half teaspoon each of yucca powder to top off the bowls.

We alternate between Pedigree Puppy Chow and a product imported from the U.S. "Star Milling Co." that the graneros and small local markets carry.

Never had any complaints about my cooking! :biggrin:

DavidE - 4-13-2013 at 04:45 PM

Yeah, a doggie tongue stuck in your ear isn't exactly a complaint. My malamute seemed to know he was rolling in snow. Whenever he saw homeless strays he would come over and stick his nose in my hand. They know.

We Just Love Working Dogs

Gypsy Jan - 4-13-2013 at 05:02 PM

Malamutes, Great Danes, Rottweilers, etc.

They crave the satisfaction of doing a good job and if you give them the sense that they are essential to your household, you have loyalty for life.

DianaT - 4-13-2013 at 07:36 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Gypsy Jan
Breakfast and dinner, they each get a measured serving of roughly two cups of dry food (using a plastic cereal bowl we got for free as a premium).

Then I add about a cup each of homemade meat/vegetable soup to moisten the dry food.

Then a half teaspoon each of yucca powder to top off the bowls.

We alternate between Pedigree Puppy Chow and a product imported from the U.S. "Star Milling Co." that the graneros and small local markets carry.

Never had any complaints about my cooking! :biggrin:

They are beautiful and obviously loved a lot!