BajaNomad

Not because I didn't want my mother to see it, rest her soul

bajacalifornian - 4-11-2013 at 04:49 PM

But I didn't like the pictures. That's why I never shared it.

My camera is old, tired, beat up . . . haven't had flash for a long time and I'm still learning.

I found myself stopped in front of another world. There was no end to the view.

Up, down and straight ahead. Loreto below, foreshortend by the power behind.

Unable to pierce this bubble of a high pressure . . . I planned to return 2 months ago, which I did not do.

South of San Javier 7 miles, is a ranch of mission period called El Pua, like a barb in a wire fence.

Camped there, riding East in the morning down the face of the mountain.

At the base of the mountain is Incha, another historic ranch. We rode into Loreto from there.

Now I've lost the damn pictures.

Anyone want to do it, encourage me.

It'd all be done with the Blessing of Loreto Ejido.

I'd do lunch at El Pua, camp at the ridge and down the following morning.

DENNIS - 4-11-2013 at 05:35 PM

Jeff....take a deeeeep breath, pop the top off a cold one....and relax.
Life is good. :yes:

MMc - 4-11-2013 at 07:26 PM

Take the ride, post a short report if you must but keep the pictures close and only show them to those that get it. Most will not agree with me, most that view here would not try that trip.
Go, have fun.

[Edited on 4-12-2013 by MMc]

Paulina - 4-11-2013 at 09:02 PM

Please go. Please share when you get back. I wish I could see what you see.

P>*)))>{

shari - 4-12-2013 at 07:48 AM

I'm with Paulina...my wish is that I could transport myself into one of those nifty little Go Pro cameritas and attach it to your cowboy hat so I could come along for the ride and see what you see...you lucky bugger!

I can relate about your camera woes...my old favorite...a little Sony Cybershot has lost it's button you need to press to take the picture...I have it taped on but it always falls off...sheesh...my standby camera, the lense is so full of grit, sand and salt, it wont zoom at all...but your images are wonderful no matter what the state of the camera! Ride on brother.

BajaBlanca - 4-12-2013 at 03:07 PM

keep on riding .....