BajaNomad

Day Trip To El Triunfo

monoloco - 4-17-2013 at 08:06 AM

Had to go to La Paz, so decided to stop by El Triunfo for lunch at Cafe El Triunfo on the way home

It seems the only thing being smelted in El Triunfo these days is the pizza

The proprietor Mark has a great old classic pick up parked by the rear gate

Pretty tranquilo in Triunfo these days

They do have a nice sense of color there though

Decided to take the back road back towards Todos Santos, and stopped at the Santuario de Cactus

There are a lot of epiphyte cactus there, like these growing out of a Palo Fiero

The panteon next door is always interesting

The Palo verdes were in full bloom

Even managed to get home in time to enjoy the sunset

Bob H - 4-17-2013 at 09:15 AM

Looks like a great place to take a break from every day life and relax. What a great atmosphere you captured.

Leo - 4-17-2013 at 10:44 AM

Nice reportage. Good eye for detail. Lovely place that El Triunfo. Looks like the B&B is not open yet? The photo with your comment on 'Color' is the front door of it but looks closed.
Was the galery open?

Loretana - 4-17-2013 at 11:38 AM

Thanks, Mono....

I needed that! ;D

monoloco - 4-17-2013 at 11:46 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Leo
Nice reportage. Good eye for detail. Lovely place that El Triunfo. Looks like the B&B is not open yet? The photo with your comment on 'Color' is the front door of it but looks closed.
Was the galery open?
The gallery was closed when we were there.

motoged - 4-17-2013 at 12:00 PM

Mono,
Thank you for the fantastic pics....I love that old GMC almost as much as the kitchen.

Your pics just made my heart ache for such places....a bittersweet pain:saint:

Bob H - 4-17-2013 at 12:20 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by motoged
Mono,
Thank you for the fantastic pics....I love that old GMC almost as much as the kitchen.
:saint:

That GMC looks like a 1942 GMC Pickup truck. It has a great look to it when painted two tone colors.

Here is one being restored !! Wow!

http://www.brandysautobody.com/42gmc.html

motoged - 4-17-2013 at 12:26 PM

Bob,
Good link....great restoration . I would prefer the looks of the one in El Triunfo with all the mechanical upgrades :coolup: .... the best of both worlds :light:

David K - 4-17-2013 at 04:53 PM

Nice photos!

Thanks for the kind replies

monoloco - 4-17-2013 at 05:19 PM

Here's a few more:

[URL=http://s764.photobucket.com/user/monolocogb99/media/IMGP1055.jpg.html]
[/URL]

By the way, does anyone know why when you copy the img code on Photobucket now it also put a [url] in?

[Edited on 4-18-2013 by monoloco]

desertcpl - 4-17-2013 at 05:46 PM

Yup,, very nice

Baja bucket list

Leo - 4-18-2013 at 07:15 PM

More great shots! Keep them coming Monoloco, good stuff.
Sory can't answer your question. Placing pictures on this site is WAY over my head. I don't even try any more. w.i. too bad because I do sort of have an eye for it. just go to my website
www.leobuijs.com

monoloco - 4-18-2013 at 07:40 PM

Leo, it's really not that hard, just open a Photobucket account, upload your photos to it, then copy and past the [img] code from the photo here. Give it 10 minutes and you'll figure it out.

wessongroup - 4-18-2013 at 08:02 PM

Good "eye" ....... thanks, enjoy "seeing" things :):)

Skipjack Joe - 4-18-2013 at 11:31 PM

Let's just say your trip was triumphant.

Leo - 4-19-2013 at 09:40 AM

See if it is as easy as you say Monoloco.

I think, I got it. Thanks

[Edited on 4-19-2013 by Leo]

BajaBlanca - 4-19-2013 at 12:39 PM

Mono loco, very nice photos !

monoloco - 4-19-2013 at 02:01 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Leo
See if it is as easy as you say Monoloco.

I think, I got it. Thanks

[Edited on 4-19-2013 by Leo]
Nice shot Leo, looking forward to more now that you got it wired.

BajaBlanca - 5-30-2013 at 04:04 PM

I knew I had seen this thread about CAFE TRIUNFO ! thanks for the info, monoloco ! Next time, I sure hope we find it.

your pics are fantastic and your explanation to Leo was spot on ! He did it ! major achievement, as we all know !

Jack Swords - 5-30-2013 at 04:29 PM

If you look carefully at the photograph under the sunlit arch of the bridge in El Triunfo you can see the row of worn out steel stamps from the stamp mill. When in El Triunfo, walk down in the riverbed for a closer look. They wore out many of these steel stamps crushing ore. They were then used to support the riverbanks.

monoloco - 5-30-2013 at 04:40 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Jack Swords
If you look carefully at the photograph under the sunlit arch of the bridge in El Triunfo you can see the row of worn out steel stamps from the stamp mill. When in El Triunfo, walk down in the riverbed for a closer look. They wore out many of these steel stamps crushing ore. They were then used to support the riverbanks.
When I saw that iron in the bridge, I wondered if they put it there to resist erosion of the bridge supports?

Leo - 6-26-2013 at 06:51 PM

It has been a while that i tried putting pictures on this site. Today it seems to work again. here is a picture from the 'Mastro' and curator of the Piano Museum at the time, Spring 2012.