BajaNomad

Beautiful INEXPENSIVE Beach Front Property

Bajabeachfront - 4-19-2013 at 01:38 PM

Hi everyone, :)

We're currently offering beautiful seaside/beach home properties for less than a time share! Home sites start at $17,500

350 acre PLANNED DEVELOPMENT near San Felipe in Baja CA. Currently 364 home sites and building!

***unobstructed 180 degree views of San Felipe mountains and Sea of Cortes***

INEXPENSIVE INVESTMENT
*home site lots go as low as $17,500.
*One tenth of the price of an American timeshare
*We Offer Financing and NO "qualifying" or "application"
*No fees (application fees, origination fees, underwriting fees)
*Secure transaction. Stewart Title Insurance.

BEAUTIFUL
*180 degree view of sea and mountains from EVERY home site
*self contained solar powered community--no power lines/wires
*miles of walking trails
*ocotillos, elephant trees, cacti.
*natural arroyos and valleys
*pristine water

We just sold 12 more lots this past weekend, give me a shot if you'd like more information!

-Omar

[Edited on 4-19-2013 by Bajabeachfront]

[Edited on 4-19-2013 by Bajabeachfront]

DENNIS - 4-19-2013 at 01:52 PM

Hey Omar....before the San Felipians on this board drop in to eat you alive, tell us about ownership. Fideicomiso, Pink Slip, Hand Shake....what?

When you're done with that, explain the title insurance. It's my understanding there is no such legitimate thing.

Later...we can talk about the "Pristine Water"....along with a few other things.

By the way....do you have anything to do with an Ejido?

willardguy - 4-19-2013 at 02:44 PM

this must be the rancho costa verde that the BN solar experts had fun fothermucking a few weeks back. the development company is a deep pocket american company from san diego. I dont know, if this the area you want to live, looks nice to me! :P

DENNIS - 4-19-2013 at 02:47 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by willardguy
this must be the rancho costa verde that the BN solar experts had fun fothermucking a few weeks back. the development company is a deep pocket american company from san diego. I dont know, if this the area you want to live, looks nice to me! :P

Well...the poster sent me a U2U asking me what my problem is for asking questions.

willardguy - 4-19-2013 at 02:51 PM

interesting sales tactic :rolleyes:

http://ranchocostaverde.com/

DENNIS - 4-19-2013 at 03:22 PM

Quote:

Scarey in many ways....not the least being the financing. Until the balance is paid, there will be no Fideicomiso....if in fact they're offering one.
Further....when the balance is paid, where's the assurance that a Fide will be forthcoming?

Is this Ejido land being sold by a US company?

desertcpl - 4-19-2013 at 04:07 PM

OMAR ??????????????????????????:?::?::?:

DENNIS - 4-19-2013 at 04:09 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by desertcpl
OMAR ??????????????????????????:?::?::?:

Wasn't he in the tent business?? :lol:

desertcpl - 4-19-2013 at 04:09 PM

Quote:

why do you assume its this place, he didn't say it was??

DENNIS - 4-19-2013 at 04:11 PM

Quote:
Quote:

The website copy is the same as his post above.

willardguy - 4-19-2013 at 04:14 PM

Quote:
Quote:

true. it could be the other all solar project with 364 home sites on 350 acres for 17,500!:lol:

[Edited on 4-19-2013 by willardguy]

Bajabeachfront - 4-19-2013 at 04:22 PM

"before the San Felipians on this board drop in to eat you alive,"

Appreciate the hospitality haha

"tell us about ownership. Fideicomiso, Pink Slip, Hand Shake....what?"

Yes, after the balance is FULLY paid, ownership is conveyed via fideicomiso.

"Scarey in many ways....not the least being the financing"

What do you find "scarey" about the financing option? Many buyers elect to pay cash.

"Further....when the balance is paid, where's the assurance that a Fide will be forthcoming?"

All legal paperwork and verification is delivered by the bank being selected as the trustee.

"When you're done with that, explain the title insurance. It's my understanding there is no such legitimate thing."

What are you asking? It works the same way as it would work in the US.

"Is this Ejido land being sold by a US company?"
No. There isn't a great deal of Ejido land on Baja (relative to the rest of Mexico) but almost all of it is located off the western shore of the peninsula. In any event, extensive title research has already been conducted before investment into the development ever took place.

desertcpl - 4-19-2013 at 04:28 PM

if this is not Ejido land.. how did your company take title??

Is this Ejido land being sold by a US company?"
No. There isn't a great deal of Ejido land on Baja (relative to the rest of Mexico) but almost all of it is located off the western shore of the peninsula. In any event, extensive title research has already been conducted before investment into the development ever took place.

Bajabeachfront - 4-19-2013 at 04:33 PM

Ejido can be converted to private property.

desertcpl - 4-19-2013 at 04:45 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Bajabeachfront

true, but the Ejido has to sell it first,, a lot of developments have sold property in Ejidos, that the Ejidos never sold in the first place, then years later the Ejido comes in and kicks every one off, as they never had clear title from the Ejido

DENNIS - 4-19-2013 at 04:47 PM

Thanks for the answers.

DENNIS - 4-19-2013 at 04:49 PM

Quote:

true, but the Ejido has to sell it first,, a lot of developments have sold property in Ejidos, that the Ejidos never sold in the first place, then years later the Ejido comes in and kicks every one off, as they never had clear title from the Ejido

Punta Banda. :light:

desertcpl - 4-19-2013 at 05:03 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by DENNIS
Quote:

Punta Banda. :light:

yes, exactly

but Bajabeachfront,,, if this is true that you have title and I was able to pay cash and then get a title and insurance policy, I would be very interested,,
what are the building CCRs

monoloco - 4-19-2013 at 05:04 PM

To be fair, ejido land that has been privatized in the last 10 years, has probably the safest title of any land in Mexico, provided it was done correctly. If they have an escritura and derechos de tantos from all the ejiditarios, it's pretty ironclad.

[Edited on 4-20-2013 by monoloco]

chuckie - 4-19-2013 at 05:21 PM

I'll take 5....Still have PAPER on a San Felipe deal....

Bajabeachfront - 4-19-2013 at 05:22 PM

Quote:

yes, exactly

but Bajabeachfront,,, if this is true that you have title and I was able to pay cash and then get a title and insurance policy, I would be very interested,,
what are the building CCRs

The development slopes to the sea with each lot staggering slightly lower than the previous. Thus, height restrictions are hardly necessary. Spanish/adobe style homes such as those on the website are required but, aside from that, most everything can be customized to taste.

Building begins on my lot in just 3 months, we're opting for a two story adobe affair. :)

CortezBlue - 4-19-2013 at 05:24 PM

Quote:

Yes, and I can drink cow pee if I am thirsty enough.

What Dennis is telling you, is that 90% of the folks on this board have been in Mexico enough to know what is going down.

You are better to find a forum of, Folks who have never been to Mexico and want to buy property, CHEAP!"

You will have a much better chance to screw some dumba$$ out of some Dollars Estados Unidos!

Bajabeachfront - 4-19-2013 at 05:34 PM

Quote:

If by developments you mean actual planned homesite developments, then I am 100% certain that this has NEVER happened. It would be an unbelievably foolish decision, financially and legally, to attempt to convey INTERNATIONAL properties to 3rd parties where any amount of cloudiness of title may exist. Believe me, we've checked and double checked.

HOWEVER....I know for a fact that foreigners who have opted to take the route of LEASING property can encounter the "adios gringo!" situation the moment the terms of their lease are up...even if the lease was 50 years and they put their sweat and blood into developing the property. Remember, Mexico's laws are seldom ever subject to intensive interpretation and contextual refitting as in the states. The law is what it says and a lease is a lease is a lease.

Bajabeachfront - 4-19-2013 at 05:45 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by CortezBlue
Yes, and I can drink cow pee if I am thirsty enough.

Charming hyberbole. :D

Quote:
What Dennis is telling you, is that 90% of the folks on this board have been in Mexico enough to know what is going down.

Which is...? Let's talk facts not feelings.

Quote:
You are better to find a forum of, Folks who have never been to Mexico and want to buy property, CHEAP!"

You will have a much better chance to screw some dumba$$ out of some Dollars Estados Unidos!

Strange, I haven't encountered one client whose felt "screwed" out of their money. Feel free to make some calls and find one though.

DENNIS - 4-19-2013 at 05:50 PM

Quote:
...even if the lease was 50 years

That would have been a harbinger of doom to begin with since a lease can't be enforced in court if written for longer than ten years [less a day].

willardguy - 4-19-2013 at 06:02 PM

hey bajabeachfront guy, don't forget who you're dealin with here. these folks are EXPERTS in, well most everything!:lol:

Bajabeachfront - 4-19-2013 at 06:05 PM

Quote:
hey bajabeachfront guy, don't forget who you're dealin with here. these folks are EXPERTS in, well most everything!:lol:

Good ;)

mcfez - 4-19-2013 at 08:22 PM

Solar Powered Beach Club :-) Righto! Do they full power? I dont think so! Water piped in? I dont think so! Nearest Doctor's office is......way too far for a retirement.

The website is showing a minimum. It's NOTHING as it is on their website. All show and no go. A con is a con is a con. Good luck with "buying" too :-) Fact is.....Mexican real Estate agents require no license to operate. That agent could be flipper burgers on the week ends....

This is just another joint being hustled. It's out in the sticks ...among the other two dozen in-completed projects that made promises. All collecting dust. These projects made it sound like it;s a deal of the life time....so buy NOW!

Look at www.vistadelmarbaja.com/sanfelipe.html "claims" for example:

San Felipe is a major port on the Escalera Nautica ("Nautical Ladder").

Fonatur has completed the construction of their office here in San Felipe and they are now putting in their docks for boats coming in for short term stays.

Government is committed and focused on making the area the next major tourist destination

Plans are well under way to upgrade the airport to handle commercial flights. San Felipe's airport is already designated an international airport.

Nada! Or partial. But really nade!

BTW......I have a handful of edido lots in San Felipe too. Let's be clear....they CANNOT be converted to private holdings without risks.

This is what the place looks like...95% of the complex. Actually picture of their site

[Edited on 4-20-2013 by mcfez]

durrelllrobert - 4-19-2013 at 08:44 PM

Quote:

The development slopes to the sea with each lot staggering slightly lower than the previous. Thus, height restrictions are hardly necessary.

Then how is this possible?
"180 degree view of sea and mountains from EVERY home site

Bajabeachfront - 4-19-2013 at 09:01 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by mcfez
Solar Powered Beach Club :-) Righto! Do they full power? I dont think so! Water piped in? I dont think so! Nearest Doctor's office is......way too far for a retirement.

You're not stating anything that isn't already obvious. ;) This is a homesite development project not a full scale resort that just magically popped out of nowhere. As far as the retirement comment....most people don't wait two days before they retire to purchase a property. :rolleyes: The area is being developed daily. If by Solar Powered Beach Club you meant the Clubhouse, ground has already broken and it is scheduled for completion by October.

Quote:
The website is showing a minimum. It's NOTHING as it is on their website. All show and no go. A con is a con is a con. Good luck with "buying" too :-) Fact is.....Mexican real Estate agents require no license to operate. That agent could be flipper burgers on the week ends....

Your lame attempts at discrediting this are interesting, but if this is how you choose to spend your time then so be it. In any event, we've almost sold half the lots already. I'm not aware of anyone that's felt like they've been conned. Indeed, the opposite. Feel free to find some evidence to prove me wrong.

Quote:
This is just another joint being hustled. It's out in the sticks ...among the other two dozen in-completed projects that made promises.

Show me these "other dozen incomplete projects". Where are they?

Quote:

Fonatur has completed the construction of their office here in San Felipe and they are now putting in their docks for boats coming in for short term stays.

Government is committed and focused on making the area the next major tourist destination

Plans are well under way to upgrade the airport to handle commercial flights. San Felipe's airport is already designated an international airport.

Are you sure you've been to Mexico? Baja in particular has seen an enormous influx of growth, particularly in infrastructure, within the last decade.

Quote:
BTW......I have a handful of edido lots in San Felipe too. Let's be clear....they CANNOT be converted to private holdings.

As I've already stated, these aren't ejido.

Quote:
This is what the place looks like...95% of the complex. Actually picture of their site

And? You really think beachfront property 30 minutes from an already developed city (and immediately south from a future beach resort?) will never have a chance of being developed? C'mon.

Bajabeachfront - 4-19-2013 at 09:04 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by durrelllrobert
Quote:

The development slopes to the sea with each lot staggering slightly lower than the previous. Thus, height restrictions are hardly necessary.

Then how is this possible?
"180 degree view of sea and mountains from EVERY home site

The development is right in between the Sea of Cortes and Baja Mountains. ETA: So it slopes from the mountains down to the water.

[Edited on 4-20-2013 by Bajabeachfront]

mcfez - 4-19-2013 at 11:03 PM

Read this and then tell me all is well in San Felipe :-)
http://sanfelipedevelopments.com/index.html

There are untold numerous BS dreams such as the one your are promoting........The attractive resorts that were promised became wilderness areas, and the promise of exclusive country subdivisions with all services, including in some cases a golf course, pool, clubhouse, security, turned into half-built subdivisions, without water, sewer and electricity, with roads of sand and difficult access. In other cases they were even worse, where they were offered a luxurious housing complex, they now appear unfinished and abandoned, only a half built building shell.

From the Department of Urban Management of Mexicali:
“To grant a land use requires a number of conditions; when someone requests a specific use permit we solicit registration documents or records of ownership, if there are no such documents we cannot give any permission. The proof of that is that we have been presented with a number of proposed subdivisions, approximately 92 in San Felipe, and of these 92, 46 are illegal because they lack documentation of ownership".

"Show me these "other dozen incomplete projects". Where are they?:

Here's a few that is half baked...no baked....or just flopped. I could add 12 more if you wish :-)

Las Magdalenas
Baja Palms
La Hacienda
Crystal Beach Condo Towers
Tesoro del Mar
Fraccionamiento del Mar

So you have NO power off the grid. You have NO piped water. Not a house built. Wow! Sounds sort of like those Marina Towers aka Crystal Beach Condo Towers. Partial one tower is up......the mid section and the second tower a skeleton. Four years now......tis tis.

Anyone that lives in San Felipe has seen these "promised lands". Hell....driving in Northward to town and then out to K28.......there are dead projects scattered though out the land...like roadkill.

For you to lay claims that "the last ten years has been a boom" in San Felipe.....you are either out of your mind or a lousy azz con man. Your claims that you have sold half of the lots is PURE BULL. 100% BULL.

Also....$17000 for a lot. Great deal. Now.....I suppose we have to use YOUR contractor to build our house, right? :-) Oh whoops......price pirates coming down the road.

".....Then how is this possible?
"180 degree view of sea and mountains from EVERY home site"

"......The development is right in between the Sea of Cortes and Baja Mountains. ETA: So it slopes from the mountains down to the water."

OMG! What more BS! Are you telling me that the house built in back of the other.......is 10 feet higher in elevation? WoW! I have a home that is also on the "sloping mountains down to the water"....and I cant see the Sea.....nor the canyon to our right of the house. I have been to darn near EVERY complex in San Felipe......and have yet to seen what you describe!

Dude....you should just delete your insane post here and more on

Quote:
Quote:

You're not stating anything that isn't already obvious. ;) This is a homesite development project not a full scale resort that just magically popped out of nowhere. As far as the retirement comment....most people don't wait two days before they retire to purchase a property. :rolleyes: The area is being developed daily. If by Solar Powered Beach Club you meant the Clubhouse, ground has already broken and it is scheduled for completion by October.

Quote:

Your lame attempts at discrediting this are interesting, but if this is how you choose to spend your time then so be it. In any event, we've almost sold half the lots already. I'm not aware of anyone that's felt like they've been conned. Indeed, the opposite. Feel free to find some evidence to prove me wrong.

Quote:
This is just another joint being hustled. It's out in the sticks ...among the other two dozen in-completed projects that made promises.

Show me these "other dozen incomplete projects". Where are they?

Quote:

Are you sure you've been to Mexico? Baja in particular has seen an enormous influx of growth, particularly in infrastructure, within the last decade.

Quote:
BTW......I have a handful of edido lots in San Felipe too. Let's be clear....they CANNOT be converted to private holdings.

As I've already stated, these aren't ejido.

Quote:

And? You really think beachfront property 30 minutes from an already developed city (and immediately south from a future beach resort?) will never have a chance of being developed? C'mon.

Bajabeachfront - 4-19-2013 at 11:49 PM

Quote:
Read this and then tell me all is well in San Felipe :-)
http://sanfelipedevelopments.com/index.html

I'm not reading anything meaningful here. Real estate fraud and dissatisfaction occur in the US too. Does that suggest all transactions are fraudulent or not worth pursuing?

Quote:
There are untold numerous BS dreams such as the one your are promoting........The attractive resorts that were promised became wilderness areas, and the promise of exclusive country subdivisions with all services, including in some cases a golf course, pool, clubhouse, security, turned into half-built subdivisions, without water, sewer and electricity, with roads of sand and difficult access. In other cases they were even worse, where they were offered a luxurious housing complex, they now appear unfinished and abandoned, only a half built building shell.

You're correct that no business venture is 100% guaranteed for success. But check El Dorado Ranch, our associated project. It was built and completed (though improvements and further constructions are still being made) and, once again, I don't know of a resident who felt "frauded" by investing in it. ;)

Quote:
From the Department of Urban Management of Mexicali:
“To grant a land use requires a number of conditions; when someone requests a specific use permit we solicit registration documents or records of ownership, if there are no such documents we cannot give any permission. The proof of that is that we have been presented with a number of proposed subdivisions, approximately 92 in San Felipe, and of these 92, 46 are illegal because they lack documentation of ownership".

You're stating whats already been stated. Land use in Mexico can either be done right or wrong. We've taken great cares in making sure conditions are perfect and this is why we've opened up to the public.

Quote:
Here's a few that is half baked...no baked....or just flopped. I could add 12 more if you wish :-)

Las Magdalenas
Baja Palms
La Hacienda
Crystal Beach Condo Towers
Tesoro del Mar
Fraccionamiento del Mar

Thank you. Now would provide some details with each of these projects?

Quote:
Anyone that lives in San Felipe has seen these "promised lands". Hell....driving in Northward to town and then out to K28.......there are dead projects scattered though out the land...like roadkill.

Yes, I am aware that one of these developments were located on unstable turf.

Quote:
For you to lay claims that "the last ten years has been a boom" in San Felipe.....you are either out of your mind or a lousy azz con man. Your claims that you have sold half of the lots is PURE BULL. 100% BULL.

Nope, its perfectly true. :)

Quote:
".....Then how is this possible?
"180 degree view of sea and mountains from EVERY home site"

"......The development is right in between the Sea of Cortes and Baja Mountains. ETA: So it slopes from the mountains down to the water."

OMG! What more BS! Are you telling me that the house built in back of the other.......is 10 feet higher in elevation? WoW! I have a home that is also on the "sloping mountains down to the water"....and I cant see the Sea.....nor the canyon to our right of the house. I have been to darn near EVERY complex in San Felipe......and have yet to seen what you describe!

Remember this is located 30 minutes south of the city area. The houses are certainly not built back to back. Indeed, they are spaced to limit obstruction of view from either the water or the sea. Some are located on bluffs. Google map the area.

Quote:
Dude...you should just delete your insane post and more on

No. It's an awesome deal and people deserve to at least know about it.

paranewbi - 4-20-2013 at 05:01 AM

Recently drove to Gonzaga and as McFez states there are several of these projects sitting in the dust not far south of town. Not saying this land can't be something someday but back in the late 70's the owners of the El Dorado property offered me free lots (on the west side of the road) if I would pay for a structure to be built on the lot.
Looking back 35 years now...I had a better idea of what to do with that money, about 150,000 miles surfing, camping, and once in lifetime experiances traveling in Central America and Mexico.
Vacant land and a promise reminds me of the first two women I married.

David K - 4-20-2013 at 08:09 AM

So at what kilometer marker is this place '30 minutes south'? Percebu is near Km.20.

mcfez - 4-20-2013 at 08:23 AM

BTW.....you stated that the Clubhouse has broken ground...and will be finished in October.

April
May
June
July
August
September
October

7 months to build a little ol' Clubhouse?! Makes no sense this timeline. Another red flag statement.

I had my say about your scam. Anyone that reads these posts of mine.....will indeed have at least the foresight to not jump on your honey wagon.

Tragic that guys like you are willing to take hard earned money from folks........and their dreams.

Anyone here that wishes to educate themselves a little about the history of Mexico's land.....do read this:
http://www.mexicomatters.info/2011/page/10/

bajaguy - 4-20-2013 at 08:28 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by David K
So at what kilometer marker is this place '30 minutes south'? Percebu is near Km.20.

From their website: http://ranchocostaverde.com/?p=2696

......"Rancho Costa Verde is a totally unique green master planned beach community south of San Felipe at KM 52.5"......

capt. mike - 4-20-2013 at 09:31 AM

i condsider these real when they build the entry arches.....

same old saw.....caveat emptos.

J.P. - 4-20-2013 at 10:10 AM

Dosen't this Guy claim Association to the Eldorado Ranch Project.
That alone would make anyone RUNNNNNN.

Bob H - 4-20-2013 at 10:24 AM

What, no golf course?

And, from their web site... Escalera Nautica???? What?

http://ranchocostaverde.com/?page_id=144

willardguy - 4-20-2013 at 10:24 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by J.P.
Dosen't this Guy claim Association to the Eldorado Ranch Project.
That alone would make anyone RUNNNNNN.
whats wrong with el dorado ranch (other than its in san felipe)? I thought folks were pretty happy there. no?

DianaT - 4-20-2013 at 12:07 PM

WOW --- WOW

First of all, let me say that I in NO way am saying that this development is legitimate or a scam or anything in between. I am just a bit confused by the total attack with little specific information --- so many general statements about OTHER developments.

Because there have been a lot of failed developments in the San Felipe area, have ALL developments been scams?

Yes, the using of Escalera Nautica is not good as that is a dead project, and the advice to be careful in using the person who sold you a lot to be in charge of construction is good advice anywhere as that situation might be okay, but it can lead to one being nickel and dimed to death

That is all I can find? What am I missing. Does anyone have first hand knowledge of THIS specific development --- not just knowledge of OTHER developments?

It seems to me that to advise the buyer to beware is just a common advice for people buying anywhere, but to declare this development as a total scam without SPECIFIC knowledge of this SPECIFIC development is over the top.

Perhaps a general list of what a buyer should check before buying would be more constructive advise. Otherwise, just using general information about other developments to slam this development seems to border on slander.

Again, maybe I missed something, but where is the SPECIFIC information about this SPECIFIC development?

It could be a complete scam, I sure don't know. I do know the people who live full or part time in San Felipe know A LOT more are the area than I do. I am just confused because from all of the general attacks it sounds like all developments in the area are scams.

In the name of fairness, shouldn't the attack be specific with specific facts?

[Edited on 4-20-2013 by DianaT]

DENNIS - 4-20-2013 at 12:12 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by DianaT
Yes, the using of Escalera Nautica is not good as that is a dead project,

Perhaps that's a clue as to the age of the website.

DianaT - 4-20-2013 at 12:17 PM

Quote:
Quote:

That I believe is valid. Before the economic and real estate collapse, many projects that were started stopped and are now coming back to life.

Gees, I sound like I am defending this project, and I am not.

DENNIS - 4-20-2013 at 12:20 PM

Quote:

Now Now......let's not be silly. :lol:

I think any project in San Felipe is fair territory for wild speculation. There has been a lot of spilled blood over there....reportedly.

If the project is sound, it will take the heat, and, in fact, should welcome it. "Answer the questions now, or answer them later."
More transparency is good for sales.

DENNIS - 4-20-2013 at 12:22 PM

By the way......Who is Rancho Costa Verde?

willardguy - 4-20-2013 at 12:26 PM

whoa diana! you forget who you're dealin with here. look how happy baja has made these nomads!:lol:

DianaT - 4-20-2013 at 12:30 PM

Quote:
Quote:

I think any project in San Felipe is fair territory for wild speculation. There has been a lot of spilled blood over there....reportedly.

If the project is sound, it will take the heat, and, in fact, should welcome it. "Answer the questions now, or answer them later."

AH, questions yes, and I know you received an e-mail for asking questions, and I do question that; maybe your method of questioning was a wee bit harsh? :biggrin: OK, that is a judgment call.

However, he has been flat-out declared a con and told to go away --- scum, for sure and none of that appears to be based on "real" information. Again, what am I missing?

Is it slander or legit?

DianaT - 4-20-2013 at 12:32 PM

Quote:
whoa diana! you forget who you're dealin with here. look how happy baja has made these nomads!:lol:

:lol::lol:

DENNIS - 4-20-2013 at 12:40 PM

Quote:
maybe your method of questioning was a wee bit harsh?

Gloves are off when dealing with someone who's soliciting my hard earned money based on unqualified trust.
Truman said it best. He said.........uhh...........um.......we'll he said sumpin. :lol:

David K - 4-20-2013 at 12:41 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by bajaguy
Quote:
Originally posted by David K

From their website: http://ranchocostaverde.com/?p=2696

......"Rancho Costa Verde is a totally unique green master planned beach community south of San Felipe at KM 52.5"......

Thank you... near where Arroyo Matomi reaches the gulf, a dozen miles north of Puertecitos.

DENNIS - 4-20-2013 at 12:43 PM

Heyyyyyy....thats Pompano and Osprey. :o

bajaguy - 4-20-2013 at 12:46 PM

Quote:
By the way......Who is Rancho Costa Verde?

Frank Ingrande, principal and co-founder

http://ranchocostaverde.com/?p=2696

Google Frank Ingrande, interesting hits.......

My question is.....who is posting???

[Edited on 4-20-2013 by bajaguy]

DENNIS - 4-20-2013 at 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by bajaguy

My question is.....who is posting???

You mean "Omar?"
Good question, but he ain't no stranger to the site.

DianaT - 4-20-2013 at 12:51 PM

Quote:
Quote:
maybe your method of questioning was a wee bit harsh?

Gloves are off when dealing with someone who's soliciting my hard earned money based on unqualified trust.
Truman said it best. He said.........uhh...........um.......we'll he said sumpin. :lol:

Or was that Will Rodgers? Oh, I think it was P. T. Barnum? :biggrin:

As did Joe Friday, I am looking for; "Just the facts, ma'am"
:biggrin:

toneart - 4-20-2013 at 02:05 PM

I remember, in the '70s when the El Dorado proposed development was owned by (I can't think of the name) a company in California that makes ball point pens. They were giving away lots. I responded to an ad that was a contest, and of course, I won. All I had to do was to visit the site and pick up my title to my lot.

Even then I was a skeptical being. I never went. I never picked up my "free" title to my lot. I was sure surprised when the development actually happened. Someone here asked if El Dorado residents are happy. Well???

They were up here at the Nevada County Fairgrounds two years ago, selling lots.

Unfinished projects? How about Loreto Bay? The developers ran into trouble a couple of time during different entities. They finally had to just complete what construction that been started and then stop. It never got built out as in the original plan. Before the Loreto Bay project existed, the project was started by Fonatur. They built a few homes closer to the highway and then abandoned their endeavor. Vagabundo, can you add anything or refute? I understand you are happy with your place.

What about the proposed development on Santa Barbara beach, in Bahia Conception, Mulege?

The Pacific Coast between TJ and Rosarito are filled with abandoned blights. Can you say Donald Trump, for example?

I would not say that this new proposed solar development touted by Omar is not legitimate. However, there are too many failed projects that people invested in and lost everything that are common knowledge. It's going to be a tough sell. I do wish them the best, though. I would like to see it become a success. Unfortunately, I will not be contributing. :no::no::rolleyes:

mcfez - 4-20-2013 at 02:36 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

AH, questions yes, and I know you received an e-mail for asking questions, and I do question that; maybe your method of questioning was a wee bit harsh? :biggrin: OK, that is a judgment call.

However, he has been flat-out declared a con and told to go away --- scum, for sure and none of that appears to be based on "real" information. Again, what am I missing?

Is it slander or legit?

Cons always dont have facts that makes sense. Re read this guys retorts and his "claims'. If you cant see the red flags....well.....most others here sure can.

DENNIS - 4-20-2013 at 02:38 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by toneart
Unfortunately, I will not be contributing. :no::no::rolleyes:

Awww c'mon, Tony. You can do it. Send Omar a check. :D

DianaT - 4-20-2013 at 02:52 PM

Quote:

I had my say about your scam. Anyone that reads these posts of mine.....will indeed have at least the foresight to not jump on your honey wagon.

Tragic that guys like you are willing to take hard earned money from folks........and their dreams.

Quote:

Cons always dont have facts that makes sense. Re read this guys retorts and his "claims'. If you cant see the red flags....well.....most others here sure can.

Yes, with all developments there are red flags and questions should be asked --- buyers should be careful and informed. As implied, I am not so stupid or naive to not see some red flags. And your input about your OPINION of those red flags is legitimate.

I still think that unless someone has SPECIFIC knowledge about the SPECIFIC project and the SPECIFIC people involved, that comments like you made, are perhaps a bit out of line and perhaps slanderous.

monoloco - 4-20-2013 at 03:09 PM

Quote:
I remember, in the '70s when the El Dorado proposed development was owned by (I can't think of the name) a company in California that makes ball point pens. They were giving away lots. I responded to an ad that was a contest, and of course, I won. All I had to do was to visit the site and pick up my title to my lot.

The national pen company. They were always having contests and everyone was a winner, a friend of mine won a portable spa, he sent them $69.99 for shipping and handling, he received an inflatable kiddie pool and a tiny 12v pump.:lol: Sometime after that, I received notice that I had won a lot, was skeptical, so read the fine print and determined that if they gave away every lot, (they were really tiny) they would generate somewhere around 20 million just on the "title registration fees". :lol:

DENNIS - 4-20-2013 at 03:17 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by monoloco

The national pen company.

It's mentioned here:

http://sanfelipe.com.mx/about-san-felipe/history/

desertcpl - 4-20-2013 at 03:21 PM

Slanderous?? well maybe, but in all fairness, the San Felipe area has gotten a
terrible rep from so called developers, a lot of people have been taken to the cleaners,
so lets say that this development is legit, they will have to jump over a lot of bodies first, then will have to answer some really direct questions and not beat around the bush with the answers
they either have their act together or they don't, No gray areas
well unless they are selling to people that just don't know and just walk in with blinders on,, we have all seen this happen time and time again

DianaT - 4-20-2013 at 03:32 PM

Quote:
terrible rep from so called developers, a lot of people have been taken to the cleaners,
so lets say that this development is legit, they will have to jump over a lot of bodies first, then will have to answer some really direct questions and not beat around the bush with the answers
well unless they are selling to people that just don't know and just walk in with blinders on,, we have all seen this happen time and time again

Yes, I agree. San Felipe has had more than its share of shady development efforts.

Just our observation; over the years it seems that many of the people who have been taken in several places in Baja were informed of several pitfalls, but just refused to believe them or decided to take the risk anyway. Some we have observed have that arrogant American attitude that screams, "It can't happen to me, by golly. " And some have chosen to ignore the warnings out of a bit of greed--- just a great deal. It is like buying ejido land, maybe it will work out and maybe it won't.

That is not to say that some people are just innocent victims of very good sales people. I think the one that gets me the most is the Donald Trump thing --- it is easy to see how his name gave legitimacy to the project in the mind of many.

And maybe these people are one of the many developments who have scared San Felipe, and maybe not.

DENNIS - 4-20-2013 at 03:40 PM

Quote:
unless they are selling to people that just don't know and just walk in with blinders on

That's where the "easy financing" comes in.
With the borrowing rates as sky high in Mexico as they are, I wonder what interest rates will be offered here?

Bob H - 4-20-2013 at 03:54 PM

It seems that Bajabeachfront has disappeared after just 10 posts (registered 4-19-2013). A true newbie blunder if you ask me.

desertcpl - 4-20-2013 at 04:00 PM

Quote:
Quote:
unless they are selling to people that just don't know and just walk in with blinders on

That's where the "easy financing" comes in.
With the borrowing rates as sky high in Mexico as they are, I wonder what interest rates will be offered here?

I think Omar is saying that it might be owner financing, so It would be in their best interest to have low interest rates, as they are only financing profit anyway,

on the other hand, a Red Herring to me is taking the high road with questions here and he even called you out personally over this, he should just lay all the facts out and be able to answer any and all questions
I still didn't get a good reply from him on the Titles, as I understand Titles come in different forms, some are absolute and others are a little vague

DENNIS - 4-20-2013 at 04:14 PM

Quote:
on the other hand, a Red Herring to me is taking the high road with questions here and he even called you out personally over this, he should just lay all the facts out and be able to answer any and all questions
I still didn't get a good reply from him on the Titles, as I understand Titles come in different forms, some are absolute and others are a little vague

Actualmente, we don't even know if Omar works for the company. That's the first thing he may want to verify.
His first post was a cut 'n paste from the website.

Another thing of mild interest......Omar has shown signs that he isn't new here. After only one post, he was into U2Us and in a PM to me he refered to the "OT," off topic.

He does, however, speak and write well, but Omar needs to be qualified.

Then, and not a second sooner, we can get on with buying land and realizing our dreams.

Where is that place? Do they even have air out there? :lol:

Jes kiddin', Omar.

desertcpl - 4-20-2013 at 04:26 PM

Will the real OMAR please stand up

DENNIS - 4-20-2013 at 04:27 PM

Quote:
ever seen omar and fulano together at a party? im just sayin......AND him and fez immediately hit it off! im just sayin...... :lol:

Could be. Yep.......could very well be. :light:
He'll like the attention you gave him anyway. He and his minions are presently rolling in a slime ball over this thread anyway.
Useless pile of worms.

CortezBlue - 4-20-2013 at 04:30 PM

Quote:
Quote:

If by developments you mean actual planned homesite developments, then I am 100% certain that this has NEVER happened. It would be an unbelievably foolish decision, financially and legally, to attempt to convey INTERNATIONAL properties to 3rd parties where any amount of cloudiness of title may exist. Believe me, we've checked and double checked.

HOWEVER....I know for a fact that foreigners who have opted to take the route of LEASING property can encounter the "adios gringo!" situation the moment the terms of their lease are up...even if the lease was 50 years and they put their sweat and blood into developing the property. Remember, Mexico's laws are seldom ever subject to intensive interpretation and contextual refitting as in the states. The law is what it says and a lease is a lease is a lease.

It's simple, you're an opportunist, and that is fine, and please feel free to post on Bajanomads web site. But it is kind of like trying to sell books and magazines in a gated community with a No Trespassing sign posted at the entry.

Have a grand time

willardguy - 4-20-2013 at 04:32 PM

Quote:
Quote:
ever seen omar and fulano together at a party? im just sayin......AND him and fez immediately hit it off! im just sayin...... :lol:

Could be. Yep.......could very well be. :light:
He'll like the attention you gave him anyway. He and his minions are presently rolling in a slime ball over this thread anyway.
Useless pile of worms.
RATZ! I didnt remove it quickly enough, I wasnt sure about using the f-word here and im already on report by the old writer guy!:lol:

desertcpl - 4-20-2013 at 04:40 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Bob H
It seems that Bajabeachfront has disappeared after just 10 posts (registered 4-19-2013). A true newbie blunder if you ask me.

So I am to assume he couldn't stand the heat and got out of the kitchen

WOW that didn't take long,,, NEXT

DianaT - 4-20-2013 at 04:47 PM

Quote:

Dang he looks just like some Baja property owners and some nomads! :biggrin: :biggrin:

desertcpl - 4-20-2013 at 04:54 PM

Quote:
Quote:

Dang he looks just like some Baja property owners and some nomads! :biggrin: :biggrin:

:lol::lol::lol:: I am not going to touch that

brewer - 4-20-2013 at 08:45 PM

Just a big question...Where is their source of fresh water? Does a de-sal plant come with the development? Anyone know of where the water comes from?

luv2fish - 4-20-2013 at 09:27 PM

Quote:
Hey Omar....before the San Felipians on this board drop in to eat you alive, tell us about ownership. Fideicomiso, Pink Slip, Hand Shake....what?

When you're done with that, explain the title insurance. It's my understanding there is no such legitimate thing.

Later...we can talk about the "Pristine Water"....along with a few other things.

By the way....do you have anything to do with an Ejido?

One can only wonder if there is any relationship to " ramuma53 " ??

BajaWarrior - 4-21-2013 at 05:43 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by brewer
Just a big question...Where is their source of fresh water? Does a de-sal plant come with the development? Anyone know of where the water comes from?

I happen to know one of the Residents there, nice people, and they're very happy with the project and their new "green" home there.

They had a very large underground water storage tank installed and so far have been hiring large water trucks to come from San Felipe and fill them up. They are also working on setting up a water tank on a trailer and get water from "The Well" (Arroyo Matomi) 5 miles south of their Community.

Same well all of Puertecitos and surrounding area gets they're water from.

Where does the water come from?

Howard - 4-21-2013 at 07:20 AM

Read God and Mr. Gomez by Jack Smith, he will tell you.

One of my personal favorite books.

rts551 - 4-21-2013 at 07:34 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by BajaWarrior
Quote:

I happen to know one of the Residents there, nice people, and they're very happy with the project and their new "green" home there.

They had a very large underground water storage tank installed and so far have been hiring large water trucks to come from San Felipe and fill them up. They are also working on setting up a water tank on a trailer and get water from "The Well" (Arroyo Matomi) 5 miles south of their Community.

you are spoiling everyone's fun. Glad to see someone posted first hand info!

durrelllrobert - 4-21-2013 at 07:41 AM

Quote:
Quote:

Yes, I agree. San Felipe has had more than its share of shady development efforts.

Just our observation; over the years it seems that many of the people who have been taken in several places in Baja were informed of several pitfalls, but just refused to believe them or decided to take the risk anyway. Some we have observed have that arrogant American attitude that screams, "It can't happen to me, by golly. " And some have chosen to ignore the warnings out of a bit of greed--- just a great deal. It is like buying ejido land, maybe it will work out and maybe it won't.

That is not to say that some people are just innocent victims of very good sales people. I think the one that gets me the most is the Donald Trump thing --- it is easy to see how his name gave legitimacy to the project in the mind of many.

And maybe these people are one of the many developments who have scared San Felipe, and maybe not.

The Donald Trump development just south of TJ is another prime example.

DianaT - 4-21-2013 at 09:04 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by rts551
Quote:
Originally posted by BajaWarrior
Quote:

you are spoiling everyone's fun. Glad to see someone posted first hand info!

:yes::yes::yes: First hand information is often a rare thing around here, especially as it pertains to a SPECIFIC thing, not a bunch of generalities about what has happened with someone else at some other time. Thanks Baja Warrior.

Any potential buyers should still do their homework and that applies to everywhere!

[Edited on 4-21-2013 by DianaT]

BajaNomad - 4-22-2013 at 02:27 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

That I believe is valid. Before the economic and real estate collapse, many projects that were started stopped and are now coming back to life.

Gees, I sound like I am defending this project, and I am not.

The Mexican government already sold off the assets as much as they could. I'm unaware of what success they had. The only ones that were not for sale were Topolobampo and Puerto Escondido I believe. This was back in '09. By '10 they couldn't sell them as a package, and allowed buyers to cherry-pick.

Again, I'm not aware of the final outcome.

btw... the Rancho Costa Verde web site first posted information about Escalera Nautica on their site sometime between December 19, 2008 and February 24, 2009:

http://tinyurl.com/d8khkyw (archive.org)

http://tinyurl.com/d8qywyu (archive.org)

The site has been updated - code-wise - since August 19, 2010, but no change was made to the text or highlight of the Escalera Nautica information at that time apparently. Here's the current page:

http://ranchocostaverde.com/?page_id=144

[Edited on 4-22-2013 by BajaNomad]

Bajabeachfront - 4-22-2013 at 03:22 PM

Quote:

Yes, the development is permitted to construct a well that will provide water via desalinization plant. ETA: The homes can also be equipped with additional atmospheric water generators.

Quote:
What, no golf course?

There are no plans for a golf course at Rancho Costa Verde, so it may not be the place for an avid golfer who intends to live on the site. El Dorado Ranch is about 45 minutes north though.

Quote:

You're absolutely right. The main concerns we encounter from prospective buyers understandably surround the legality of the entire process (particularly in regards to why and how a foreigner can actually OWN in Mexico and knowing their investments are clean in title) so of course we have to be prepared to discuss them fully. This isn't a ball and gag scam with a bunch of itchy sales people. If the development MAKES SENSE for the buyer based on our assurances and legal backing, they can move forward with the investment. If it doesn't, they don't.

Quote:

I have more teeth than that guy. :lol:

[Edited on 4-22-2013 by Bajabeachfront]

[Edited on 4-22-2013 by Bajabeachfront]

monoloco - 4-22-2013 at 03:42 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

It's mentioned here:

It would be interesting to know if any of the people who "won" those lots were ever able to do anything with them.

Lots at Eldorado Ranch

J.P. - 4-22-2013 at 04:06 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

It's mentioned here:

It would be interesting to know if any of the people who "won" those lots were ever able to do anything with them.

I was gifted one by a late relitave they WON it and paid membership dues for years and never came to Mexico. We took the lot# and paper work to the office out there to check it out we were shown this large map on the wall and the agent pointed to this dot wayyyy up on the mountian . we asked if we could see it. There was no road. we were informed we could trade it for another lot but it repersented no cash value.

The only good that came out of it we were allowed to stay in thier R V Park for 10 days and attend a sales pitch meeting with a comp. meal. did not buy a lot at that time. That missadventure is a whole nother story :lol::lol:

[Edited on 4-22-2013 by J.P.]

baja-chris - 10-11-2013 at 11:56 AM

Now that it's mid October, how did that club house turn out? How many homes are now built?

woody with a view - 10-11-2013 at 12:10 PM

"Beautiful INEXPENSIVE Beach Front Property"

Triple redundant and unrealistic. unless we're talking Somalia.

boe4fun - 10-11-2013 at 12:35 PM

Jejejeje Woody!

bajagrouper - 10-11-2013 at 02:29 PM

Omar writes
"Yes, the development is permitted to construct a well that will provide water via desalinization plant. ETA: The homes can also be equipped with additional atmospheric water generators.

Where does the money for the plant and upkeep come from?

How many gallons per day will you supply to each homesite?

[Edited on 10-11-2013 by bajagrouper]

jimgrms - 10-11-2013 at 02:44 PM

Hey Omar how about a few photos of the many projects breaking ground ,

BajaRat - 10-12-2013 at 08:57 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by jimgrms
Hey Omar how about a few photos of the many projects breaking ground ,

:yawn: TIC TIC TIC..........

bajagrouper - 10-12-2013 at 02:59 PM

The OP last post was 4-22-13.....tic toc

willardguy - 10-12-2013 at 03:20 PM

not sure why were bashing omar and the rancho costa verde project again (other than thats what nomads do)? I went out there and reported if you're not beachfront theres no reason to be there( waaaay less than a garden spot) but progress is being made, take a look at their facebook page, some folks like it!

https://www.facebook.com/ranchocostaverde

Bob H - 10-12-2013 at 05:31 PM

Quote:
not sure why were bashing omar and the rancho costa verde project again (other than thats what nomads do)? I went out there and reported if you're not beachfront theres no reason to be there( waaaay less than a garden spot) but progress is being made, take a look at their facebook page, some folks like it!

https://www.facebook.com/ranchocostaverde

Interesting... fair enough!