Bahia Asuncion to Mulege. 4/29/13

RenoJoe - 4-29-2013 at 07:03 AM

Food, sites,lodging.

chuckie - 4-29-2013 at 07:11 AM

Yes

BajaBlanca - 4-29-2013 at 07:11 AM

Highway 1. Or coast route?

David K - 4-29-2013 at 07:32 AM

At San Ignacio, by the Pemex station, turn off the highway on the paved road into the town plaza (1-2 mi.), across the river and in front of the mission.

rts551 - 4-29-2013 at 07:49 AM

I think Blanca was talking about Asuncion to Abreojos and out to 1
VS out to Vizcaino.

Udo - 4-29-2013 at 07:51 AM

How long do you want to stay there?
We have a beachfront house, but we only rent it by the month.

Quote:
Originally posted by RenoJoe
Food, sites,lodging.

shari - 4-29-2013 at 07:53 AM

Try Tootsie's for lunch in san ignacio...just off the square

If you make it to Mulege in a day, try La Hacienda downtown...I think you two lovebirds will like it! hahaha...nice little coffee shop across the street.

or El Morro just leaving Sta. Rosalia...ask for the end room with 2 beds

have fun guys!!

Udo - 4-29-2013 at 08:01 AM

I agree with Shari.

Been to all those places. Really nice!
Be sure to stop at the prison. The have a really nice artisan store where products wre hand made by the prisoners.

RenoJoe - 4-29-2013 at 08:21 AM

Thanks for the reply's. It's 9:15am and were off and running.

absinvestor - 4-29-2013 at 08:32 AM

If you're in Mulege on Saturday stop by Danny's for carnitas. Order by weight ie medio kilo. It will come out with a plate of condiments and tortillas. When entering the main town of Mulege follow the one way street. At the second stop sign you'll see Danny's Asedero on the right. Tell Danny Ronaldo said hello.

RenoJoe - 4-29-2013 at 06:08 PM

We stopped in San Ignasio. There was a race going on, the locals thought we were in it. so they cheered us on.Tootse's was closed.We had to get out of there.
Santa Rosalia next stop. Camera battery dead, would not charge. Resturant leaving town on the left side was closed.

RenoJoe - 4-29-2013 at 06:18 PM

Entering Mulege my Samari transmission locked up, we are able to run 4th gear only. So we need a mechanic or tow back to Viscaino. We have a tow bar. We finally ate at El Patron, and have a room at the Hacienda downtown Mulege. We're above ground and sucking air. So everythink is going as planned.

Bob and Susan - 4-29-2013 at 07:32 PM

for the trans i would go to the place very close to the Pemex on the highway...Armando vias (sp)

its green and says Mulegenio on the wall

they know suzukis

they just repowered mine
it runs great now

suzukifini.jpg - 45kB

absinvestor - 4-30-2013 at 01:41 PM

The place that Bob and Susan are talking about is a little north of the Pemex and the opposite side of the street. To me, the office looks like a parts store?? Three Armando's there. Grandpa, dad and son. All good mechanics and fair on pricing.

shari - 5-1-2013 at 06:44 AM

ahh geeezo...Joe & Bob called last night and their transmission is in pieces on a mechanics floor and they are looking for a used one to replace it with. These two could probably use a little moral support if any of you kind Mulegenos are in town today...they are at La Hacienda....good luck gentlemen!

Plan B would be for someone to tow their little vehicle to Vizcaino.

Bob and Susan - 5-1-2013 at 10:42 AM

they didn't go the the mechanic we suggested...too bad

I have a source in southern California for this stuff if
joe would like advice

RenoJoe - 5-1-2013 at 10:57 AM

Bob and I are still stuck in Mulege. VERY BAD. Yesterday breakfast in Santispac on the beach, where Bob ran the 75 yard dash with no oxygen first time in 5 years, thanks to the doctor in Bahia Asuncion. Lunchtime we relaxed in the hotel pool, dinner at Scott's, b est yellowtail ever, sauteed in butter and garlic. This is very difficult to take. This morning, coffee in neighborhood cantina across from Scotty's. Went and checked the car at Bukovecz's. Daniel and Pek are our mechanics. Pec gave us his pickup truck with A/C to use while they try and piece together a tranny. So the adventure continues, joe has been broken in Mexico many times and I have always made it through. I found that the Mexicans can fix anything one way or another. I have even had a coathanger throttle at one time on a Pinto!So everything is terribly bad but we are having fun. Just finished breakfast at Doney Mely's. Its now about noontime and getting hot. So if wer can have fun everyone else can!

Bob H - 5-1-2013 at 11:02 AM

What a great place to be stuck, eh?
Hope you get your tranny repaired (not too soon, though, you are having way too much fun)
:bounce:

motoged - 5-1-2013 at 11:43 AM

Joe,
What medical miracle was performed that helped your friend? (If I might ask :saint: )

Bob and Susan - 5-1-2013 at 02:07 PM

they are fine...they just stopped by

they might be on the road in a couple hours

these are great guys

the cure...has to be the "morphine drip" :P
I think its just being south of the border

Martyman - 5-1-2013 at 03:06 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Bob H

Hope you get your tranny repaired :bounce:

Yeah...whip off that dress and help that mechanico!

RenoJoe - 5-1-2013 at 03:22 PM

We will be off and running by 4:30 P.M. Hope to hit the pot holes by 8:30. The transmission sounds good.Thanks to Bukovecz auto servicio.

shari - 5-1-2013 at 06:29 PM

wellllll.....here's hopin you make it fellas...watch those potholes at night...I highly doubt you will make it there before dark...we are heading to san roque right now so might not see ya unless you come out there...if you do...bring beer!!!!hahahaha

RenoJoe - 5-1-2013 at 09:55 PM

We are back at campo sirena at 10:45 after a 1

one and a half hour federales check. Pot holes were great. No traffic.

Ateo - 5-1-2013 at 09:57 PM

thanks for the report!

Bob and Susan - 5-2-2013 at 05:22 AM

...remember they are in an 1986 Suzuki samurai....

it's as fast as a Ferrari f50

and 27 years OLD

RenoJoe - 5-2-2013 at 07:23 AM

Ferrari and potholes don't mix. SAMURAI is KING of Baja.

absinvestor - 5-2-2013 at 08:31 AM

That Suzuki brings back memories. In 1987 a dealership had an ad for a new one at $8600. I went into the dealership and the sticker was about $13000. I told the salesperson that I was interested in the $8600 model. After trying to sell me on that $13000 model he took me in the back and showed me the $8600 one. It was an exact car but didn't have a top, or a back seat. Also, no spare tire, jack etc. I was surprised they could sell one without a spare etc but guess they could. The way they had advertised that $8600 model turned me off but I eventually bought one at a different dealership. I put 175000 on that car with no problems. Other than changing the oil I had replaced a battery, changed tires once and replaced the front brakes.. That little engine used no oil etc. It could have used some additional power ie on the highway even the slightest grade required a downshift from 5th to 4th but it was a great little car.

shari - 5-2-2013 at 09:05 AM

Glad you are safe and relatively sound! Haha...see you later then