BajaNomad

Party at dtbushpilot's new house....buena vista! Some pics

BajaBlanca - 5-4-2013 at 07:49 PM

We went to a party tonight at. Dtbushpilot's and his wife's house and it was just incredible.....housewarming supreme for an incredibly unbelievably gorgeous place. Pics manana.

[Edited on 5-5-2013 by BajaBlanca]

BornFisher - 5-4-2013 at 08:44 PM

You`re suppose to tell us before the event so we can crash the party!!! ;)
Looking forward to the pics!

Ateo - 5-4-2013 at 08:49 PM

sounds like a nice place and a good time!

akbear - 5-4-2013 at 08:55 PM

It was a good party ! Pig roast, live music & a big beautiful house. D & J are great people too.

:cool::biggrin:

bajalorena - 5-5-2013 at 06:32 AM

The house is so well thought out, absolutely gorgeous, and they were such great hosts. Good time had by all. :bounce:

mulegemichael - 5-5-2013 at 07:05 AM

sure wish roz and i could have been there but my back said no!...congrats d and j.

BajaBlanca - 5-5-2013 at 07:20 AM

A view of the house from below. I apologize in advance, these pics do not do justice to the glory.

BajaBlanca - 5-5-2013 at 07:25 AM

photobucket.com/user/BajaBlanca/media/Dave%20and%20Jill%20housewarming/image.jpg.html][/URL]

BajaBlanca - 5-5-2013 at 07:28 AM

Skipjack Joe - 5-5-2013 at 07:36 AM

Nero himself would have been envious.

shari - 5-5-2013 at 07:37 AM

hey I recognize some of those tanned legs!!! I am sooooo jealous of all of you partying down there...but imagine there are some slight hangovers today...anybody fall in the pool? Love you guys and super bummed we couldnt make it....Happy House Warming!

Russ - 5-5-2013 at 07:44 AM

Wow! David You've gone Hollywood with that house. Infinity pools and all the trimmings. So how's the surf fishing out front?
Blanca you need to add more pics.

[Edited on 5-5-2013 by Russ]

David K - 5-5-2013 at 08:25 AM

Congrats to you both!

DENNIS - 5-5-2013 at 08:30 AM

Makes me want to burn my house and start all over.

Good job.

Nan&D - 5-5-2013 at 09:05 AM

Beautiful home, Beautiful people! Thanks for the great time. I'm thinking annual event? (by then there should be something worth looking at when we snoop in the cupboards!)
Nan

BajaRat - 5-5-2013 at 09:23 AM

WOW David ! We won't worry about you guys :biggrin:
Congrats,great job, looks fantastic :cool:

woody with a view - 5-5-2013 at 09:47 AM

Thanks for the invite but logistics got in the way. Congrats!

Ateo - 5-5-2013 at 09:55 AM

beautiful home!

TMW - 5-5-2013 at 09:59 AM

Excellent, beautiful place. Thanks

baitcast - 5-5-2013 at 10:11 AM

Whoa!!! :o no roughing it in that place,I can just me on the veranda beer in hand taking it all in,beautiful,your very fortunate congrats!
Rob

BajaBlanca - 5-5-2013 at 10:43 AM

Soon there will be more pics....we are busy having more fun in Santiago, at the moment we are having lemonade at Hotel Palomar....just got back from the zoo!

howabouti - 5-5-2013 at 11:18 AM

I really like the multi-levels and walk-around balconies. Very striking architecture.

DENNIS - 5-5-2013 at 11:26 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by howabouti
I really like the multi-levels and walk-around balconies. Very striking architecture.

I wonder if David used an architect? Up here, it's scary what an architect can do? They are so involved in developing a signature style, they create nightmares which is evident in some of the large abortions they designed on the coast between Rosarito and Ensenada.
In many cases, it's hard to imagine they've had any education at all.

Udo - 5-5-2013 at 11:34 AM

Congratulations, Dave & Jill...really gorgeous house!

We'll drop by to see it later this year. (if our schedules coincide.)

cliffh - 5-5-2013 at 01:55 PM

Thanks for fab. evening, the house is off the chart. Cliff and Carol

House

dpwahoo - 5-5-2013 at 02:01 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by DENNIS
Makes me want to burn my house and start all over.

Good job.
Beautiful! Something tells me I couldnt afford that. Jealous. Guess ill have to stay in La Mision. Is it in the east cape?:o:bounce::o

BajaBlanca - 5-5-2013 at 05:21 PM

BajaBlanca - 5-5-2013 at 05:29 PM

DENNIS - 5-5-2013 at 05:33 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by BajaBlanca

I get nervous looking at those stairs without handrails.

BajaBlanca - 5-5-2013 at 05:41 PM

Dennis, eventually the decision was made to cut off the stair access yesterday, since the railings are not done yet...someone told me this was the case.....

BajaBlanca - 5-5-2013 at 05:55 PM

BajaBlanca - 5-5-2013 at 06:00 PM

As you can tell, i took the photos REALLY early on, in the end, the house was packed, and i mean FULL of partiers....the live music was awesome, the food delicious, the guests entertaining.....the hosts most gracious. The house speaks for itself.

I have some before pics from the construction phase which I will post.

BajaBlanca - 5-5-2013 at 06:06 PM

dtbushpilot - 5-5-2013 at 10:25 PM

Thanks for kind words and posting the pictures Blanca, it was nice to finally meet you and Les.
I really appreciate everyone coming out for our housewarming party, we had a great time and it seemed as though everyone else did too. We had friends and family from the UK, Canada, the US and of course from Baja. We were fortunate to have some great people taking care of us. Octavio and his staff from Rancho Buena Vista kept the booze flowing at an incredible pace while Jose Luis and his crew fed around 200 of our close personal friends and family a fabulous traditional Mexican feast with home made tortillas, tamales, beans, rice, salad and 3 pigs willing to make the ultimate sacrifice for our enjoyment. Big Jim, Big Mike, Bob Farmer and the boys provided smoking rock and roll all evening with Kevin Moyles from San Clemente joining them for a few songs.

We had planned to be living in the house before the party but some things took longer than we had anticipated. I have no one to blame but myself, it seems that every time I went to the project I would come up with a few changes or additions. It actually worked out for the best, we wouldn't have been able to fit everybody in the house if there had been furniture in the way and nobody spilled wine on the couch.

Our builder is C&G Builders in Los Barriles and our designer is Ron Corder. They have done a great job for us and we are pleased with the way things are turning out. I butt heads with Ron from time to time about design features, some times I win but most of the time he convinces me that I should stick to fishing, he never tells me what lure to use. The guys pulled out the stops to get the house cleaned up and all the construction equipment hidden so that we could have the party, they will be back in there tomorrow messing things up again. We hope to move in in a month or so.

The hand rails were only put up temporarily for the party and weren't complete. The stairs are pretty wide but I decided to block it off after a while. Nothing spoils a good time like someone falling down a big hole.

I expected someone to fall in the pool but nobody did, oh well, there's always next time. Maybe I should have pushed someone in.

We can't thank everyone enough for joining us and for all the kind words, it was great to see old friends and make new ones. For those who couldn't make it down for this party there will be others, we plan to be here for a long time, please stop by when you come this way.....dt&jt

mulegemichael - 5-5-2013 at 10:51 PM

well....i wish we coulda made it but you know our valid excuse....so.....i guess you guys will never stay with us again in mulege, huh?....like....us?...ya know???...hope to see you soon. m and r.

Udo - 5-6-2013 at 08:10 AM

The house will do justice to the town of Buena Vista, and I am sure your house is helping to retain the town's property values.

bajafreaks - 5-6-2013 at 09:48 AM

I own the lot/property across the street, when I finally get around to building I'll have my work cut out for me that's for sure. Looking good neighbor.;D