BajaNomad

Can't Wait To Be Back Here

Ateo - 5-5-2013 at 03:39 PM

Any Nomads around that want to go for a surf?

Curt63 - 5-5-2013 at 07:25 PM

You're killin me

Ateo - 5-5-2013 at 08:40 PM

Well Curt, meet me down there and we'll share waves!!! =)

pappy - 5-7-2013 at 09:31 AM

when you going?

Curt63 - 5-7-2013 at 09:33 AM

I might get a nice long stretch in Abre this summer with some side trips.

BonzoBaja - 5-7-2013 at 11:22 AM

Is it ever that uncrowded there anymore? I thought gringos have been subdividing the point, building houses, etc. I haven't been there in a long time, it was so crowded last time, I moved on for good. Not that anyone misses me!

tiotomasbcs - 5-8-2013 at 06:48 AM

I'm already here! Santa Elena gets crowded but the heat in July/Aug/September thins out the crowd. Cmon Woody, throw some old pics at us. Tio

Ateo - 5-8-2013 at 07:35 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by BonzoBaja
Is it ever that uncrowded there anymore? I thought gringos have been subdividing the point, building houses, etc. I haven't been there in a long time, it was so crowded last time, I moved on for good. Not that anyone misses me!

This photo was taken in 2010 just as the swell was picking up and I was heading home....

Ateo - 5-8-2013 at 07:37 AM

I'll be down there next month. Anyone else?

woody with a view - 5-8-2013 at 09:53 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by tiotomasbcs
I'm already here! Santa Elena gets crowded but the heat in July/Aug/September thins out the crowd. Cmon Woody, throw some old pics at us. Tio

i'm on my work computer without access to my stuffs. it will be going off soon. keep your eyes to the horizon.

chippy - 5-8-2013 at 05:06 PM

Wow! You guys need to travel some. Those OLD MAN spots were lame in the 80s.

Kinda cool in the 70s though.

tiotomasbcs - 5-8-2013 at 05:23 PM

I can see why they call you Chippy?! P and N are the real deal, tho. You just need to be Laird to charge thru those lineups! Escondido is no longer hidden, either. I need a new surf trip/exploration into the Mainland. I'm just more into Tranquilidad y Cultura. Enjoy, Amigo. Love your hurricane reports! Tio ps Mis cajones never led me out to Peta! Know what I mean?

[Edited on 5-9-2013 by tiotomasbcs]

chippy - 5-8-2013 at 05:43 PM

Thanks Tio. I´m not trying to flame but this 40 year old lament bores me. Lots of what you are looking for down here still. Its just harder to get to.

pps I´m still lamenting over peta. Thank god mis cajones took me there in the 70s.

[Edited on 5-9-2013 by chippy]:bounce::bounce::bounce:

[Edited on 5-9-2013 by chippy]

Ateo - 5-9-2013 at 09:21 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by chippy

I do travel.

What epic YOUNG GUY spots are you surfing lately?

woody with a view - 5-9-2013 at 04:02 PM

:lol::lol::lol:

chippy - 5-9-2013 at 05:49 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Ateo
Quote:
Originally posted by chippy

I do travel.

What epic YOUNG GUY spots are you surfing lately?

Same crowdless places the lemmings have never discovered.

tiotomasbcs - 5-9-2013 at 07:24 PM

Touche! Old school surfers do not give away locations easily! I'm amazed at the number of surfer/kooks that ask directions? I usually tell them to do their research. Sadly, it's too easy to find on the internet. Fortunately, they're Kooks! I was schooled by the older guys, thank goodness! Northern Baja is a wonderful training ground. Enjoy it all. Tio