BajaNomad

cabo corrientes

coolhand - 5-7-2013 at 09:08 PM

Been doing baja for over 30 years........Always wanted to see this part of the mainland for there no roads into most of the area. To see it, you really have to hire a panga. There are water taxis to some areas, but not all. Thought Baja was where the 2nd home was gonna be. Thought maybe Abre, where I learned to surf, or Bocana was a potential. Not anymore...... There are places more beautiful, and in a way, closer to home.

chippy - 5-8-2013 at 05:50 PM

You have no clue.

BornFisher - 5-8-2013 at 05:58 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by chippy
You have no clue.

Either do I! Que pasa??????? :?:

chippy - 5-8-2013 at 06:08 PM

Lo que pasa es its all doable with a BAJA worthy vehicle.

coolhand - 5-8-2013 at 07:43 PM

Well, not all is accessable here in a vehicle. Even with a "Baja Vehicle". A few quads made it down 2 years ago to a certain place. So yes, technically they made it. But won't be back, if you know what I'm talking about. I think that makes it even more attractive, nobody cares what car you roll in with, because there are no cars!

vandenberg - 5-8-2013 at 07:50 PM

Sounds like an asylum circle f***k.

coolhand - 5-8-2013 at 08:51 PM

Yeah, it definetly sounds as such. I should probably shut up and keep it that way. But, for those mentally stuck on the baja, with your trucks and all (yes I have one), cabo corrientes will not suit you. You simply cannot get vehichles into some of these areas. And yes, there is surf.... but sorry baja guys, you can't drive to them. It's so nice to look in from the point and see no vehichles. Just white sand and palms.
Not trying to rag on Baja at all. That's were I grew up surfing. Matter of fact, we are headed to Bahia San Basilio in a few days to kayak. I will always travel and camp in Baja. I'll keep the San Diego house and 4*4. I'll save up for the Mainland panga!

daveB - 5-8-2013 at 09:12 PM

Sounds like you're in for adventure. I've not been there, don't think many people have, so you' may be on your own a lot. Probably want to stick to the winter months there, likely very warm, June through October (not that different from Baja).
I've been to Yelapa, about a third of the way to your spot, if leaving by water from Bocca; there is a road in to Yelapa but not a good idea as you can't get down the mountainside to the village with a car, and if you leave it the theives may wreck or steal it. They only have burros or ATV's.
From the south, have made it past La Cruz de Loretto and the Eco hotel at Mismaloya (there are two Mismaloyas in Jalisco, the one on Bandaras is about 80 miles north).
Its a wonderful winter climate. But such a remote place has many drawbacks for a lengthy stay and without a viable law-abiding village you' may soon lose everything you brought.

coolhand - 5-8-2013 at 09:22 PM

We have been sharing a beater truck above Yelapa for 4 years now. The locals call it the culdasac. Used for paragliding and impoting racialla. Keys in the ignition all the time. Always there. Always full of gas.

daveB - 5-9-2013 at 09:04 AM

Yes, have had the racillia, packs a punch, but smooth. You bought a turned wooden bowl from "R," and a shot was a reward. Very laid back. Things around Yelapa are better than we were lead to believe.