BajaNomad

Beer in the butt Chicken

jrbaja - 11-10-2004 at 08:44 PM

Just when I thought I had seen most of it, we were invited to dinner last night.

Season chicken to taste, put in Te-pository, place on grill for 45 minutes.

Juicy, unique flavored chicken. And that was with Tecate. Others may be even better. Good stuff and I'm not kidding!:light:

KurtG - 11-10-2004 at 09:45 PM

JR,
Can't believe you've gone through life without being exposed to this culinary treat. Up here on the central coast (Avila Beach) this is a staple item at beach BBQ's.

Chicken Launchers

akbear - 11-11-2004 at 12:16 AM

JR, I've got some cast iron ones that have more base to them that are a lot more steady. Jack's Country Store has them. They work better that cans.

akbear

3 1/2hrs til I take off ! :spingrin:

[Edited on 11-11-2004 by akbear]

KurtG...

Mexray - 11-11-2004 at 12:23 AM

You have the advantage up there on Avila Beach of not needing a BBQ...all you have to do is light up some of that 'bubbling crude' in the tar sands there and...wow - it's an instant fire pit!...:cool:

....I guess that was in the old days...I hear they hauled away most of that 'crude', and destroyed most of that neat old beach town in the process...hope things are back to normal, these days.

beer can chicken, yeah - been around a long time

capt. mike - 11-11-2004 at 06:58 AM

but it is better with fruit juice in the can, jug wine mix 50 50 too. also - you have to try it with Dr. Pepper - blows your mind!

there is a system for turkey in a can too. all you folks who bought turkey fryers, the rage a few years ago can forget the mess of all that oil. there is a simpler, better way. "Mike's Trash Can Turkey"

watch this space. totally done moist fall off the bone in 2 hours - i swear - and for a 20 ponder!

MICK - 11-11-2004 at 07:38 AM

So Capt Mike
Where's the recipe for this turkey. Sounds good I'll love to try it.
Mick

KurtG - 11-11-2004 at 10:47 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Mexray
You have the advantage up there on Avila Beach of not needing a BBQ...all you have to do is light up some of that 'bubbling crude' in the tar sands there and...wow - it's an instant fire pit!...:cool:

....I guess that was in the old days...I hear they hauled away most of that 'crude', and destroyed most of that neat old beach town in the process...hope things are back to normal, these days.

Yup, our little 3 block long downtown was leveled and the beach and everything along Front St was excavated and hauled away. Rebuilding is going on at a slow pace but the old Avila Beach is gone forever. We are turning into Laguna Beach North at a rapid pace.

i hope to have the complete set up

capt. mike - 11-11-2004 at 10:52 AM

available on my web site in a few weeks. There is hardware required and will be part of the kit you can purchase. Complete with recipes and instructions.

It's easy, quick and incredibly delicious.:light: