BajaNomad

posted with great sadness and heavy heart

CaboMagic - 5-15-2013 at 01:18 PM

It is with great sadness that we post this:

DAVID HATFIELD David A. Hatfield, 37, of Mexico, formerly of Las Vegas, died Monday, May 6, 2013 in San Jose del Cabo, Mexico. He was born in Torrance, Calif., May 24, 1975, and received a bachelor of arts degree in kinesiology from University of Colorado in 1997.

He was the general manager and partner at three Baja Brewing Company Restaurants in San Jose del Cabo.

Prior to that he was a general manager of Cabo Magic Sport Fishing in Cabo San Lucas, Mexico.

Visitation will be 2-3 p.m. Wednesday, May 15, with funeral services following, both at Palm Mortuary, 7600 S. Eastern Ave., Las Vegas. Burial to follow at Palm Valley View Memorial Park.

DavidE - 5-15-2013 at 02:57 PM

Way, way, way too young to die.

Condolences for your loss.

DENNIS - 5-15-2013 at 03:50 PM

How could this happen?

DENNIS - 5-15-2013 at 03:58 PM

Let's not stray away from what we don't know.

CaboMagic - 5-15-2013 at 05:23 PM

Thank you for your kindnesses and u2u ..

David suffered a heart attack in the SJD restaurant .. the reality of cardiac arrest .. I don't know if there is anything genetic ..

The service was lovely.

.. We are blessed to have known him and the world has been a better place by David's presence albeit for far too short a time .. he found true happiness .. With love and respect, Tommy & Lori

[Edited on 5-16-2013 by CaboMagic]
Edited to say We cannot answer questions about a service in CSL or SJD - perhaps someone at Baja Brewing will know .. thank you.

Marc - 5-15-2013 at 05:29 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by EnsenadaDr
Yes but it also an opportunity to encourage all to get physicals and practice preventative medicine.

Ditto. My ultra marathoner friend keeled over at 58. He said he was to healthy to bother with a checkup.

DENNIS - 5-15-2013 at 05:37 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by CaboMagic
David suffered a heart attack

Thanks Lori. I'm sorry.
My condolences are heartfelt.

David K - 5-15-2013 at 05:41 PM

Sorry for the tragic loss at such a young age (or any time)!

grace59 - 5-15-2013 at 06:06 PM

Wow, so sorry for your loss. Especially someone so young. Thoughts are with the family and friends.

rts551 - 5-15-2013 at 06:13 PM

Really sorry for such an unfortunate and untimely loss. Now if we could just get rid of the other disease on this forum....verbal diarrhea.

DENNIS - 5-15-2013 at 06:35 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by rts551
Really sorry for such an unfortunate and untimely loss. Now if we could just get rid of the other disease on this forum....verbal diarrhea.

I think it's well intended, Ralph. This isn't a church service, so maybe the time is right for good advice. Just a thought......

Bajaboy - 5-15-2013 at 06:47 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by DENNIS
Quote:

I think it's well intended, Ralph. This isn't a church service, so maybe the time is right for good advice. Just a thought......

or not

DENNIS - 5-15-2013 at 07:06 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Bajaboy
Quote:

Just a thought......

or not

NoNo...that's all it is, just a thought.
I lament your confusion with these deep concepts. It must be uncomfortable.
Have you considered fervent prayer? Perhaps a Rosary. Sometimes it helps.
Buy a bunch of those beads to help you count past ten.

CortezBlue - 5-15-2013 at 07:49 PM

I have to tell you I did not know David, but the many times I Spent time in the San Jose Del Cabo restaurants and bar I am sure our paths crossed. In fact many moons back I had a manger ask me what size T shirt I wore when I was buying a TShirt. I told him XXL and he went to the back room and brought out a few XXL shirts that had some small ink spots on them and gave me a hell of a deal, it may have been him. I have since bought several more tshirts from there, but those seconds have lasted forever.

Having lost my Mom and 2 friends within a few weeks last May, I Know it is a tough time for you.

I still cry when certain songs play that remind me of my friends and my Mom, my friends have just got use to it.

rts551 - 5-15-2013 at 07:52 PM

Quote:
Quote:

Dennis my friend,

Probably bad timing for the OP. A different thread to lecture us would be OK.

CaboMagic - 5-15-2013 at 07:56 PM

I am certain David's family will express their sincere appreciation .. they are gracious and lovely ..

Good Dr Ensenada please don't misinterpret this: please start your own thread .. Please allow this to be for and about respectful memory of David and the kind sentiments expressed.

CaboMagic - 5-15-2013 at 08:05 PM

Hello Cortez Blue - your story sounds so very much like David ..
If I could figure out how to do this %^&%E$%$, I would post some photos including one from Nov 2005 which was Davids first trip to CSL ..

Memories and talking about our loved ones that have passed keeps them alive, I think. And I think their spirits hear it all .. it brings me comfort thinking this.

David Hatfield Rest In Peace

CaboMagic - 5-15-2013 at 08:07 PM

May 24, 1975 - May 6, 2013

In loving memory

CaboMagic - 5-15-2013 at 08:13 PM

Attachment: DH1 (39kB)
This file has been downloaded 399 times

CaboMagic - 5-15-2013 at 09:02 PM

Dr Ensenada please do not send me U2U messages.
No I do not authorize you to add Davids facebook page/photos.
We have photos of David on our website if anyone would like to see them.
CortezBlue I tried several times to post a photo so you could see him but I am so tech challenged its awfully embarrassing ..

CaboMagic - 5-15-2013 at 09:22 PM

thanks for your help Bajaboy!

That is Davids 30th birthday celebration in Cabo .. it is a traditional Pescadores soaking.
I hope I am successful at posting another photo of David .. his first ever trip to Cabo, first ever fishing trip and first ever Dorado

Bajaboy - 5-15-2013 at 09:23 PM

[Edited on 5-16-2013 by Bajaboy]

Photo attempt

CaboMagic - 5-15-2013 at 09:25 PM

I apologize for being woefully inept at this

Attachment: DH Dorado (29kB)
This file has been downloaded 219 times

Bajaboy - 5-15-2013 at 09:30 PM

DianaT - 5-15-2013 at 09:30 PM

Lori,
Check your u2u. I am so sorry for the loss of your friend. My sincere condolences to all of his friends and family. It is just so much more difficult to accept when one crosses over at such a young age. Dang --- never easy.

Diana

DianaT - 5-15-2013 at 09:34 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by EnsenadaDr
I only sent you a U2U to see if it was OK to authorize his Facebook pictures and link. I wasn't going to post it, I was thinking you might want to post it. I did have a party of 40 doctors from Los Angeles that was going to fly down there for a convention and wanted to fish next weekend but well, ok, I won't U2U you about it. Sorry for the inconvenience. Any U2U would be about business, nothing personal.

THAT post is so inappropriate! :no::no: Don't bother to defend it as I will not respond --- this is a thread of condolences for the friends and family of one who left this world far to soon.

CaboMagic - 5-15-2013 at 09:37 PM

thank you Bajaboy and Diana for your help.

Bajaboy - 5-15-2013 at 09:38 PM

Quote:
thank you Bajaboy and Diana for your help.

It's the very least I can do....although we don't know one another, my thoughts and well wishes go out to you. I am sorry for your loss.

CaboMagic - 5-15-2013 at 09:51 PM

Saying thank you seems so inadequate ..

for those of you that also frequent Trip Advisor, I posted there.

David was - rightfully so - very well liked, admired, and loved - defined by his sweet, gentle and kind ways. I am certain the angels that carried him remarked on this.

Bob H - 5-15-2013 at 11:26 PM

RIP David Hatfield...........

Mulegena - 5-16-2013 at 12:12 AM

I am sorry for your loss, CaboMagic.
You and other true friends of this man who lost his life so tragically show the depth of his goodness.
I'm sure he'll be in the memories of many for a long, long time.
Rest in Peace.

ELINVESTIG8R - 5-16-2013 at 04:31 AM

BajaNomad - 5-16-2013 at 05:50 AM

Another couple of pics from Lori and Tommy...

DH3.jpg - 35kB

BajaNomad - 5-16-2013 at 05:53 AM

From Lori and Tommy...

DH4.jpg - 34kB

CaboMagic - 5-16-2013 at 05:37 PM

Again thank you all for your comments ..

We've received several calls and emails so I will reply here:

Yesterday Tommy and I attended the funeral of 37 year old David Hatfield. . David was our General Manager in Cabo from 2005 to 2007 .. On May 8th, David suffered a cardiac arrest at the end of a wonderful evening celebrating his dads birthday .. After cake, David slumped in his chair and went to God.

We met David in Las Vegas in 2004 - He was a kind and gentle person, hardworking.. he had an enviable position with a large succesful company, but he was not happy. . He displayed both a confidence and a shyness that to me, meant he was searching for himself. In one of those philosophical conversations we often engaged in, I said "David, everyone has their own definition of success, and happiness. We support you in finding yours" and Tommy offered him a job. He thanked us, but passed. A year later, David called and asked if our offer for a job was still available. Even tho we didnt really have a position available, Tommy made one for him.

While working for us, David opened the door to himself. He invited many of his friends to what had become his home - Cabo San Lucas. Long story short, Jordan's beer brewing business was brought to Cabo, Baja Brewing Company was born. It grew to 3 very successful locations. THIS was David's definition of happiness.

David found himself and was blessed to spend the last 6 years of his life fulfilled, living, his happiness to his own definition. David was - rightfully so - very well liked, admired, and loved. As I said before, I am certain the angels that carried him remarked on this.

wessongroup - 5-16-2013 at 05:43 PM

Nice ..... thank you

DianaT - 5-16-2013 at 05:54 PM

Lori,
That was a BEAUTIFUL and very heartfelt tribute!

Thanks

DENNIS - 5-16-2013 at 06:02 PM

What was David's relationship with Baja Brewing Company? Did he own it?

Kgryfon - 5-16-2013 at 06:11 PM

I'm sorry for your loss. I'm glad he found happiness in Baja.

bacquito - 5-16-2013 at 06:39 PM

Sorry for the loss-sounds like he had many friends.

BajaNomad - 5-16-2013 at 10:20 PM

Quote:

David found himself and was blessed to spend the last 6 years of his life fulfilled, living, his happiness to his own definition. David was - rightfully so - very well liked, admired, and loved. As I said before, I am certain the angels that carried him remarked on this.

:)

:saint: