BajaNomad

Loreto, BCS Fish Report May 11 & 12th

ltham - 5-17-2013 at 05:20 PM

Excellent Yellowtail fishing in Loreto on May 11th and 12th.
Day 1 - We caught (8) yellowtails ranging between 25-35lb between the three of us by 11am.

Day 2 - Caught (11) Yellowtails by 9:30am and called it quits for the day for yellows.:spingrin:

All thanks to Francisco Omar Davis our captain.

willardguy - 5-17-2013 at 05:39 PM

sweet! any photos?
are you the guys we met while searching for a pizza?

chuckie - 5-17-2013 at 05:46 PM

Kinda the same here in Mulege..they are really on the bite....goes mad for a while, and then they quit....Been fun...

tiotomasbcs - 5-17-2013 at 06:11 PM

Hey, Newbie. Thanks for jumpin in & sharing your fun! The Sea of Cortez is rampin up. Names of your Capt and Hotel and all experiences are appreciated. Glad you had success and I'm sure a great time. Viva Baja. Tio

bill erhardt - 5-17-2013 at 06:34 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by ltham

..........All thanks to Francisco Omar Davis our captain.

Francisco also does well on less pedestrian fare......

fdgropa.jpg - 49kB

Loretana - 5-17-2013 at 09:57 PM

Bill, are there any of those broomtail grouper left?
I've read they live up to 75 years!

Francisco is a great fisherman, he's quite a young pup in the photo.

bill erhardt - 5-18-2013 at 03:08 AM

Diane.....The photo is not real clear, but I think the fish is not a broomtail, but a gulf grouper. They also live to a ripe old age if they examine their food closely before they inhale it. Francisco caught it three years ago at one of his fishy spots off Carmen.
As to Francisco looking like a young pup in the photo, it's all relative, and I'm not saying that this applies to you, but he always looks like a young pup to me.
Here's another pic of the capitan on El Pajaro coming up the ramp at the marina with a couple of happy clients aboard......

epbn.jpg - 47kB

Squishie fishie_visious fishes

EdZeranski - 5-24-2013 at 07:53 PM

We head back to Loreto on Thursday May 30 for a few weeks ,
( add some Mag Bay or perhaps Scorpion Bay too) Phone call from Loreto today today said yellows are still strong and maybe in a week or two the dorado will be in. We usually fish pangas out of colonia Zaragosa for a few days then the rest in our kayaks..

EdZ
OB/Borrego Springs

bill erhardt - 5-24-2013 at 08:48 PM

There are a lot of small dorado outside now, with a few keepers in the mix. Here's one at the boat Sunday in calm water.

DSC01069.JPG - 47kB

bill erhardt - 5-24-2013 at 08:50 PM

And, Bill Klaser with his first of the year.....

bkfirst.jpg - 44kB