BajaNomad

Yeti

acadist - 5-19-2013 at 08:54 PM

Just got a Yeti cooler! Can't wait for July and the next Baja trip!!!

Pacifico - 5-19-2013 at 08:56 PM

Awesome cooler, what size did ya get?

A Test

Howard - 5-20-2013 at 12:31 AM

1: Soon as you cross the border, fill it up with cold Pacifico and ice.

2: Drive to Loreto

3: Let me have a beer or two.

Being the giver that I am, I will test and analyze how cold it was and report back to the forum. It is possible that this test might have to be repeated for accuracy.

Glad to help out,
Howard
:biggrin:

acadist - 5-20-2013 at 05:30 PM

Got the 65. It was a raffle to assist a friends son's cancer fight. Only bought 80 $5 tickets! Will endure all sorts if testing soon including Pacifico, Bacardi Anejo, and fish. Not to mention it being a panga seat.

PlanB - 5-21-2013 at 05:04 PM

Next upgrade should include consideration of the Engel 60 liter fridge-freezer combo. Ours drives off solar to 2 Optima batteries, or external AC, or Honda gen set, or by way of a 1 gauge wire from the engine batteries - only if we are on a long trip and then not at night. Means frozen fish all the way back to WA, plus soggy sandwiches are now history.

BajaBlanca - 5-22-2013 at 07:56 AM

Plan B welcome to bajanomads!

Congrats on winning and for supporting such a good cause, Acadist.

acadist - 7-7-2013 at 07:51 PM

I AM SOLD!!!!! Went camping for the long weekend, on WEDNESDAY evening I bought 2 blocks of ice for the Yeti, I am home now it is Sunday evening and the blocks are still over half there:biggrin: Now let's be fair, it was not Baja, it was over 9k feet in the CO mountains with temps from the 50's at night to the low 80's during the days and we kept the food only in the cooler, the drinks in a seperate cooler (milk only in the yeti). Still I can't wait to see how it transports my fish in two weeks from La Paz:biggrin:

Hendo - 7-7-2013 at 10:11 PM

Yarded my Yeti 75 from Mulege to Phoenix packed full of frozen vacum packed YT and Cabrilla last March. Kept it in the cab of my truck. After two days the fish on the bottom still clanked when slapped together. Fish on top was still hard but made a different sound. Threw dry ice (seperated by newspaper) on top for the three day drive north to Portland. Rock hard.

Skipjack Joe - 12-11-2013 at 10:21 AM

Does anyone have experience with the Pelican coolers? Specifically, I'm interested in how they compare to the Yeti in keeping food cool.

Thx.

Martyman - 12-11-2013 at 12:16 PM

Darn...I was hoping for a bigfoot sighting in Baja.

BajaGeoff - 12-12-2013 at 04:47 PM

:lol:

Quote:
Originally posted by Martyman
Darn...I was hoping for a bigfoot sighting in Baja.