BajaNomad

Palapa Society of Todos Santos

BajaBlanca - 5-26-2013 at 09:43 AM

Is anyone involved in this non-profit? I'd like to hear about your experiences. Thanks, Blanca.

monoloco - 5-26-2013 at 09:48 AM

Blanca, I'm not involved with the Palapa Society but I know many who are. They are a dedicated group who has done much to promote higher education in this area, and they enjoy wide local support. It's a great organization and this region is very lucky to have them.

DENNIS - 5-26-2013 at 10:10 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by monoloco
They are a dedicated group who has done much to promote higher education in this area

What do they do to promote higher education?
Do they have a website?

Leo - 5-26-2013 at 11:17 AM

They do English classes for local kids and have their library open for them on Saturdays. This copy below is submitted to the G.gazette and tells you a lot.
The Palapa Society of Todos Santos is proud to celebrate the upcoming graduation of 22 beca (scholarship) students from preparatorio (Senior High School studies) and 5 from the universidad (1 in architecture, 1 in political science, and 3 in education) The money raised from the 2013 Todos Santos Music Festival has been well utilized and made an incredible growth in the Palapa’s programs possible. More than 90 students are presently enrolled in the Puente English program and 75 students are on educational scholarships. The Palapa’s mission of ‘Building Bridges’ within a multicultural community is being realized one individual at a time. For more information or to make a donation please visit www.palapasociety.org. To volunteer in the school or children's library contact Donna Viglioni in Todos Santos at info@palapasociety.org

monoloco - 5-26-2013 at 11:51 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by DENNIS
Quote:
They are a dedicated group who has done much to promote higher education in this area

What do they do to promote higher education?
Do they have a website?
Here you go:
http://palapasociety.org/

DENNIS - 5-26-2013 at 11:57 AM

Quote:
Here you go:
http://palapasociety.org/

Cool....thanks.