BajaNomad

East Cape Escape

HeyMulegeScott - 5-28-2013 at 01:59 PM

My wife and I got back last week from from a nice relaxing two week trip to Cabo Pulmo and Los Barilles.

The dirt road to Cabo Pulmo was well graded and easily handled by our vintage compact rental car (160k kilometers on the odometer.)

Perfect beach weather with low 90's and water temp around 75 degrees. I did four dive trips and enjoyed seeing all the fish and healthy reef. The beach at Arbolitos was our favorite place to hang out. Great beach and snorkeling.

We stayed at Cremin's Casa hilltop house. Awesome little hideaway overlooking Cabo Pulmo. A great value at $69 per night.

Panoramic shot of Cabo Pulmo. Can't wait to go back.

We sadly left and spent the last three nights of the trip in Los Barilles. It's been 8 years since we were last there and we were amazed to see all of the new houses built past Playa Norte.

The sunsets were still as spectacular as we remembered.

The sunrises weren't too shabby either.

Full set of pictures on my Flickr - http://www.flickr.com/photos/sichler/sets/72157633533975712/

jbcoug - 5-28-2013 at 02:05 PM

Three2tango,

Thanks for the great pictures and report. Passed through there in March and loved it. Do you have any contact info on the Cremins Casa?

John

HeyMulegeScott - 5-28-2013 at 02:14 PM

Thanks.

Here's his website - http://creminscasas.com/

More pics and glowing reviews on trip advisor - http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g735523-d2656865-Rev...

David K - 5-28-2013 at 04:28 PM

Stunning photos and thank you for respecting the the Nomad web site's size so the whole thread remains on the visible screen... Your photos are big and beautiful and would make anyone want to visit Cabo Pulmo and Los Barriles!

Udo - 5-28-2013 at 05:42 PM

Thanks for the great photos, amigo.
We went through there last February, and really loved the place!
Did yoy stop at the souvenir shop?
they have some terrific relics!

Frank - 5-28-2013 at 07:04 PM

Great pics! I have 25 sleepless nights left, before I get to go south!

danaeb - 5-28-2013 at 07:53 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by David K
Stunning photos and thank you for respecting the the Nomad web site's size so the whole thread remains on the visible screen...

I understand you have a limit on the size of the photo, but is there a limit on the number of photos that can/should be downloaded in one post? It seems to vary by poster....

BajaBlanca - 5-29-2013 at 09:05 AM

Welcome three2 tango !

Your pics are gorgeous. What a nice trip report.

David K - 5-29-2013 at 09:40 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by danaeb
Quote:
Originally posted by David K
Stunning photos and thank you for respecting the the Nomad web site's size so the whole thread remains on the visible screen...

I understand you have a limit on the size of the photo, but is there a limit on the number of photos that can/should be downloaded in one post? It seems to vary by poster....

No... but if too many it could be difficult for slow Internet connections to view.