BajaNomad

tj auto glass guys drumming up business?

willardguy - 5-28-2013 at 06:22 PM

3AM this morning a mile south of the toll booth.my 4runner back and side back windows blown out. at the toll booth two cars with windshields smashed, two more cars with damage didnt hang around.
insurance adjuster on the scene at 4:30 took reports but concluded that toll insurance only covers accidents, not vandalism :no:
turned my 3am crossing into a 6am crossing.:fire:

woody with a view - 5-28-2013 at 06:27 PM

moral of the story:
you should have swerved off the road!

just kidding.

Terry28 - 5-28-2013 at 09:30 PM

Let's see....TJ, 3am...what could go wrong??? Still bummer.

güero - 5-28-2013 at 11:02 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by willardguy
3AM this morning a mile south of the toll booth.my 4runner back and side back windows blown out. at the toll booth two cars with windshields smashed, two more cars with damage didnt hang around.
insurance adjuster on the scene at 4:30 took reports but concluded that toll insurance only covers accidents, not vandalism :no:
turned my 3am crossing into a 6am crossing.:fire:

Are you talking about the toll road from Ensenada to Tijuana?
Which toll booth? There are three. Windows blown out with guns while driving? I don't quit understand, how bout some details.

chuckie - 5-29-2013 at 02:59 AM

3 AM? Tijuana? OooooooK....

willardguy - 5-29-2013 at 08:57 AM

can anyone recommend a auto glass shop in tijuana,rosarito,or ensenada?:?:

DavidE - 5-29-2013 at 09:48 AM

willarguy, Celso a local mechanic swears up and down Tijuana glass prices are way less then in San Diego or the rest of Baja California. Start by dialing the emergency number for the Green Angels. These guys know everybody. If the price sounds right, go for it. Good luck.

I'm too chicken to drive at night. And waaaaaay too cheap.

Don't feel bad those expensive freeway pedestrian overpasses on USA highways have a wire cage protecting cars from bricks hurled by amiable responsible youth.

J.P. - 5-29-2013 at 01:10 PM

Seems like there was a rash of rock throwing on the toll roar in the Rosarito area a few years back. I would not drive in that area after dark.

Check in the phone book for PLINKTON GLASS it's a huge glass co out of Canada and makes replacement glass for just about anything, I know they have shop's in Ensenada

[Edited on 5-29-2013 by J.P.]