BajaNomad

Jeff 'bajacaliforian' future Mule Ride Route: Mulege -San Javier

David K - 5-31-2013 at 08:44 AM

If I can assist in providing route maps, please ask... Jeff asked if I could come up with some, so here is my forst attempt to show the auto roads and El Camino Real mission trails (where they are different than auto roads).

Circled are the place names Jeff mentioned he would be going to

Map 1

Dashed lines on above map: The new auto road is the west fork from Las Chivas up and the Camino Real is the east fork via Guadajemi.

Close Up of Guadajemi Trail and bipass road:

Map 2

The dashed line is the Camino Real mission road where it is different than newer automobile roads.

Map 3

Maps 1,2,3 are from 2009 Baja California Almanac www.baja-almanac.com and Baja book dealers. Close up map from the out-of-print Baja Topo Atlas (1986 & 1991)

Best Luck to Jeff and company this Fall!

bajacalifornian - 5-31-2013 at 09:47 AM

Many thanks David. Just a small band of riders heading for the San Javier festival December 2, by way of Mulege. Other riders leave from Loreto, or the Pacific side.

My friend Cheri King, Mula on this board, is largely responsible for our success to date.

[Edited on 5-31-2013 by bajacalifornian]

KurtG - 5-31-2013 at 10:59 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by bajacalifornian
Many thanks David. Just a small band of riders heading for the San Javier festival December 2, by way of Mulege. Other riders leave from Loreto, or the Pacific side.

My friend Cheri King, Mula on this board, is largely responsible for our success to date.

[Edited on 5-31-2013 by bajacalifornian]

I would be happy to email you our trip log from our 3/2012 trip from San Isidro to Mulege if it is of help in your planning. It includes mileage and gps points for that section. I suspect last fall's storms had a bad effect there. Spectacular country!

bajacalifornian - 5-31-2013 at 12:56 PM

Happy to receive them KurtG. Will U2U email. Gracias.

Mula - 5-31-2013 at 02:43 PM

Great David.

Thanks.

David K - 5-31-2013 at 03:25 PM

El gusto es mio... siempre!

TMW - 5-31-2013 at 04:07 PM

The rains messed up the switchback areas from La Purisima to Mulege and we were told in mid April they were cleaning it up. This from a rancher on that route south of the switchbacks. Should be OK now.

Baja Bucko - 5-31-2013 at 04:50 PM

Hay Bajacalifornian----and I'll be riding north from La Paz to get to San Javier in time for the fiesta!! CYA.....

bajacalifornian - 5-31-2013 at 07:59 PM

Way cool Bucko! That's a trek . . .