BajaNomad

I bought this bag of Bimbo Blanco...

vgabndo - 6-1-2013 at 02:36 PM

The first week in March, and forgot it in my camper pantry.

Still good to go.

YUM!

Loretana - 6-1-2013 at 02:40 PM

:lol::lol::lol:

Same experience I had with some Pan Bimbo Integral that I left in my trailer in Loreto while we were building our house.

I was gone at least 3 months......and when I opened it, it was fresh as a daisy!

DENNIS - 6-1-2013 at 02:43 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by vgabndo
The first week in March, and forgot it in my camper pantry.

Still good to go.

Just like C-Rations. Good forever.
Remember the little block of bread in the can? It was as hard as a jai-alai pelota when it was "fresh" out of the tin.

vgabndo - 6-1-2013 at 03:44 PM

I do remember that because I liked the C-Rat Ham and Lima Beans and nobody in my unit did, I always ate well out of the box.

How about those 4 Korean War Chesterfield cigarettes?

DavidE - 6-1-2013 at 04:03 PM

M&M Chocolates Melts in your mouth not in your hands

Vietnam Military issue "Tropical Chocolate"
Melts In A Furnace Not In Your Mouth

Now run run run and see if your PON BEEMBO has a manufacturing date...

Saw BLACK BREAD at La Ballena mercado last month YAY! But no pricetag.
"Verifica el precio por favor"
"Si Seňor"
"Sententa y Nueve pesos"

DENNIS - 6-1-2013 at 04:06 PM

Quote:
I do remember that because I liked the C-Rat Ham and Lima Beans and nobody in my unit did,

Really? Those were a favorite. We used to wire the cans to the exhaust manifold of our vehicles to heat them a bit. YUMMY when you're hungry.
I keep getting a vision of Pall Malls.....or was it Lucky Strikes?

bajacalifornian - 6-1-2013 at 04:14 PM

Eat this stuff and no embalming will be required . . . your final day!

mulegemichael - 6-1-2013 at 05:38 PM

it was BOTH!!!....pall malls AND lucky strikes were able to kill my parents almost simultaneously ....nothing like three packs a day folks...my dad had nicotine stains on his hands up to his elbows, no chit!...one after another...at dinner, at breakfast, on the crapper, watching the ed sullivan show, constantly....until it killed him...and my mom...so...so be it!!!....we have finally gotten a brain,(one between us), and have not smoked for over two years...bravo!!

durrelllrobert - 6-1-2013 at 06:31 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by DENNIS
Quote:
I do remember that because I liked the C-Rat Ham and Lima Beans and nobody in my unit did,

Really? Those were a favorite. We used to wire the cans to the exhaust manifold of our vehicles to heat them a bit. YUMMY when you're hungry.
I keep getting a vision of Pall Malls.....or was it Lucky Strikes?

I remember that during WWII Lucky strikes had to change their logo from red to green because red ink was rationed. Their magazine/ newspaper ads said "Lucky Strikes red has gone to war"

DENNIS - 6-1-2013 at 07:20 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by durrelllrobert
I remember that during WWII Lucky strikes had to change their logo from red to green because red ink was rationed. Their magazine/ newspaper ads said "Lucky Strikes red has gone to war"

I thought it went from green to red because of some metal, maybe copper, in the coloring. :?:

C Rations

J.P. - 6-1-2013 at 07:45 PM

I was in from 58 to 62, about once a month we had to eat C Rations in the mess hall I remember the green dot Lucky they were so dry you might get two hit's off one. My favorite thing in the C Rations was the Corned Beef Hash.

DianaT - 6-1-2013 at 07:59 PM

Everybody Loves Good Bimbo Bread

YUK It never molds, it never goes stale --- no way do we eat it!

The other thing that will NEVER rot is Skippy Peanut Butter even after two years in a garage ---- used for mouse traps, and still only use it for mouse traps. :biggrin:

vgabndo - 6-1-2013 at 08:16 PM

We compost everything possible, but I put that stuff in the bag for the land fill. I love my worms. (wouldn't give it to the Jays either) :lol:

DianaT - 6-1-2013 at 08:21 PM

Quote:
We compost everything possible, but I put that stuff in the bag for the land fill. I love my worms. (wouldn't give it to the Jays either) :lol:

:lol::lol: The worms and Jays say Thank You.

Kgryfon - 6-2-2013 at 12:32 AM

Too funny! Thanks for the tip...no Bimbo Blanco!

watizname - 6-2-2013 at 08:25 AM

A Bimbo and baloney a day will keep the wrinkles away. :lol::lol:

Bimbo

J.P. - 6-2-2013 at 08:32 AM

It's just Hearsay but someone told me Bimbo Corp. bought the Tuna operation in the bay in front of our house. :?::?:

Bob H - 6-2-2013 at 08:40 AM

C-Rations.... remember the P-38?

http://www.vietnamgear.com/kit.aspx?kit=257

[Edited on 6-2-2013 by Bob H]

durrelllrobert - 6-2-2013 at 08:47 AM

The Bimbo brand is now being sold in the US. Even has TV commercials.

Bob H - 6-2-2013 at 08:51 AM

My x-wife was a Bimbo!

durrelllrobert - 6-2-2013 at 09:01 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by DENNIS
Quote:

I thought it went from green to red because of some metal, maybe copper, in the coloring. :?:

Yea you are right. My memory is wrong but I was only 6 years old then. The red was always there and it was the background that went from green to white.

1943 package

1944 package

schwlind - 6-2-2013 at 09:16 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Bob H
My x-wife was a Bimbo!

funny!

durrelllrobert - 6-2-2013 at 09:41 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Bob H
My x-wife was a Bimbo!

Has she changed? Mine was, is and always will be a Bimbo.

Bimbo

J.P. - 6-2-2013 at 10:00 AM

Quote:
The Bimbo brand is now being sold in the US. Even has TV com
mercials.

Bimbo products have been sold in N.Ca. for a long time. Before I retired and was still trucking in Ca. I used to stop at this little café in Visalia.and Bimbo trucks were running a relay to San Francisco swaped trailers there.

BIMBOAA

Skipjack Joe - 6-2-2013 at 10:01 AM

It's gone from 18 to 42 in last 5 years. 23% just this past year. Someone should tell Barry.

http://www.bloomberg.com/quote/BIMBOA:MM

DianaT - 6-2-2013 at 10:08 AM

I believe that Bimbo bought out Wonder Bread or the other way around, so Bimbo should be OK since Wonder Bread built strong bodies in 12 ways!

:biggrin::biggrin::barf:

Then again when we lived in the outback in Honduras everyone was thrilled when Bimbo bread appeared as it was a step up from the local bread.

[Edited on 6-2-2013 by DianaT]

Barry A. - 6-2-2013 at 10:23 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Skipjack Joe
It's gone from 18 to 42 in last 5 years. 23% just this past year. Someone should tell Barry.

http://www.bloomberg.com/quote/BIMBOA:MM

Not to fear, Skipjack Joe, I have been in and out of BIMBO for years-------it is one of the more sure things in the Latin business community. Unfortunately right now I am "out". :lol:

You win some---you lose some. :light:

Barry

Skipjack Joe - 6-2-2013 at 10:49 AM

I saw Bimbo in stores in Lima, Peru over 25 years ago and decided it was some sort of Latin America company. Now, apparently, they're making inroads into the China market. It's amazing people will eat that stuff.

Although, those small doughnuts covered with powdered sugar went pretty well with coffee in the mornings. They come stacked on top of one another in a light blue package.

DavidE - 6-2-2013 at 10:52 AM

Oooooooooooooo.......

Looks like Skippy Peanut Butter Bimbo sandwiches are the way to go. I have La Costeńa salsa de fresa (jam) that has been opened and sitting for a year on an unrefrigerated shelf. It looks and smells like the day it was opened. Peanut butter and jelly k-rats!

Peaches and fruit c-cktail were the biggies in my unit. K-bar the lid, and within 10-seconds a hundred billion insects showed up. Freakin' Hamm's and Falstaff, and off-brand soft drinks! To this day menthol flavored grapefruit drink makes me nauseous. The "brothers" would trade just about anything for a pack of "Kools". I don't miss it.

Ateo - 6-2-2013 at 10:55 AM

Just like a McDonalds french fry you find under your car seat 2 years later!

Barry A. - 6-2-2013 at 10:57 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Ateo
Just like a McDonalds french fry you find under your car seat 2 years later!

Yum, Yum?!?!?!?!?!?

Barry

vgabndo - 6-2-2013 at 11:31 AM

For some reason, Barry, that reminded me of a story of three guys inside the hull of a trimaran which turned turtle off the coast of New Zealand. After days staying alive in a place where if one turned over, all had to turn over, they fought over half a peanut one of them found that they'd been laying on for days. It is all a matter of perspective, eh?

durrelllrobert - 6-2-2013 at 12:32 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by J.P.
Quote:
The Bimbo brand is now being sold in the US. Even has TV com
mercials.

Well at least the TV ads are new.

Bimbo products have been sold in N.Ca. for a long time. Before I retired and was still trucking in Ca. I used to stop at this little café in Visalia.and Bimbo trucks were running a relay to San Francisco swaped trailers there.