BajaNomad

Bike Stolen at gun point at Baja 500

TMW - 6-3-2013 at 09:47 AM

Was reposted on RDC from Thumpertalk

"One of my 40 Class teammates Mike Baxter from Carson city NV was pre running the start from Ensenada on thurs aprox 10:00 am when at about RM10 is came across and "Downed rider" Or so he though with his bike laying in the middle of the course and the hunched over clutching his stomach. As he pulled up he asked the guy if he was ok and the guy muttered something in Spanish like he was in pain. So he asked again and this time he pulled up a Black .45 handgun and pointed it 10 inches from his face and said "Give me your bike right now or ill shoot you". As Mike was literally about to take this POS gun out of his hands and beat the life out of him another guy jumped from the bushes on his left and then another from behind. Sadly he had to give up his 450X. Before I forget I want to truly thank Kyle Abney because he not only stopped and rode Mike out or harms way but he drove mike to two different Police stations and stayed with his for over 4Hrs of Hell.. Without going into all the other details and how we figured this out let me say that the police have been Outstanding since minute one taking this very very serious. They found out that this guy not only races SCORE races but was entered in what we understood was team 5X. They call Him "Freddy" and he was the suspect in the robbery of as I understand it a Canadian rider at last years 500.. As of right ow they said that the police know everything about this POS including his home and his mothers home and as far as the police say he is on the run. He was positively identified by Mike in some arrest photos they had of the guy. He rides a Honda 450X with "Monster stickers" on the graphics. He also has a black helmet of some kind. That is all the info I have as of right now. We of course took this info straight to Oscar the Attorney for SCORE and we were blown off like we were a second class citizen. We sent off emails with No response and finally after a few more phone calls we had to go down the the convention center and practically Corner Roger Norman. So after a lengthy discussion Mike was basically told to Pack sand and there was NOTHING that they could do about it and or would do about it and "thanks for coming" but don't let the door hit you in the ass. So I just wanted to let everyone know that this kind of thing is serious and we are really hoping they find this POS and we find the bike. "

chuckie - 6-3-2013 at 09:51 AM

Not a good start for the new Mgmt of SCORE....

Publicity

bajaguy - 6-3-2013 at 11:05 AM

Both good and bad can help or hurt a cause.

I would publicize this event on every racing and Baja forum, and report it in writing to the Baja Director of Tourism and the San Nicholas Hotel.........name names from the people at SCORE and post a photo of the crook...........the more noise you make the better.

Bring some heat down on "Oscar" and Roger Norman.......

Ateo - 6-3-2013 at 11:58 AM

So what I heard was correct! Wow. Thanks for posting.

desertcpl - 6-3-2013 at 01:11 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by bajaguy
Both good and bad can help or hurt a cause.

I would publicize this event on every racing and Baja forum, and report it in writing to the Baja Director of Tourism and the San Nicholas Hotel.........name names from the people at SCORE and post a photo of the crook...........the more noise you make the better.

Bring some heat down on "Oscar" and Roger Norman.......

you might to be careful about posting photos and names in MX

BajaBlanca - 6-3-2013 at 04:12 PM

That really is horrible.

Wonderful that the police took him seriously.

Curious as to what you all think SCORE might have done differently.

Bajaboy - 6-3-2013 at 05:10 PM

Seems like in the past, stories like this might have brought some scrutiny...you know fifth hand info....Did anyone happen to see anything on the news about this:?:

Ken Cooke - 6-3-2013 at 06:54 PM

Banditos

TMW - 6-3-2013 at 07:39 PM

My take on SCORE is that since the police had already been involved and were taking it seriously I don't see what they could have done. I think the guy was upset as he sould be. SCORE has a lot of things going on before the race and had the cops not of taken the stolen bike seriously then I would expect SCORE to help get to the proper police person who would help. Also there is no bike 5X listed as an entry unless it was a late entry then maybe SCORE could provide the address of the riders. I know how the guy that lost the bike feels I had my 1991 truck stolen at Renes Resturant near the second toll gate while eating dinner back in 1993 along with a trailer and quad. The cops were very helpful then but I didn't get it back until a week later, no trailer or quad tho.

TMW - 6-4-2013 at 11:19 AM

On Thumper Talk the guy pulling the gun was ID'd as Jose Alfredo Lopez villalva "Freddy" as he is called. And he was part of the 15X team not 5X.

But I thought the guy that died, Chuck Neugebauer, was riding solo on 15X. !!!!

Ateo - 6-4-2013 at 11:33 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by TW
On Thumper Talk the guy pulling the gun was ID'd as Jose Alfredo Lopez villalva "Freddy" as he is called. And he was part of the 15X team not 5X.

But I thought the guy that died, Chuck Neugebauer, was riding solo on 15X. !!!!

The plot thickens!!! Sounds like a job for Agatha Christie.

dtbushpilot - 6-4-2013 at 12:36 PM

I see Kyle is still pulling that scam, his buddies rob someone and he comes along to distract the victim appearing to be helping while his accomplices get a head start on those who might persue them.....I don't know about that boy, I think I'll have a talk with his mom....