BajaNomad

BOLA report

Bugman - 6-26-2013 at 09:54 AM

This report is a little late but better late than never I suppose. Fished LA Bay on June 16 and 17 and the yellows were there. Only catch was that all the action took place within the first couple hours of daylight and then tapered off quickly from there. If on the water early though action was fast and furious for fish in the 7-20lb range. I got everything on iron jigs and had two great mornings of fishing. Both days we fished between La Gringa Point and the first small island to the east so the action was pretty close to home. Some boats that went further out reported getting some bigger fish but I was plenty happy to be hooked up a few minutes after getting on the water. Looking forward to going back later this summer or fall! :cool:

edm1 - 6-26-2013 at 10:32 AM

That's great.

Please tell us more about your fishing. Did you rent a panga? Fished on shore? Where did you camp out?

Was there 3 weeks ago, didn't fish but next time I will.

Bugman - 6-26-2013 at 10:51 AM

I stayed at Daggetts and rented a panga (Sr. Marcos) for both mornings. I fished from shore one afternoon with my 8 year old son and we got a bunch of little bay bass but that was about it. The bigger stuff needed the boat or one helluva cast!

willardguy - 6-26-2013 at 11:02 AM

sight fishing with the surface iron? IMHO it doesnt get any better!:bounce:

redhilltown - 6-26-2013 at 10:49 PM

Thanks for update. Don't really understand how/what you were fishing? Dropping/jigging the irons or casting them into boils? Did the pangas actually leave from Daggets or launch at L.A. Bay proper? (if from Daggets, very close to home for that action.)

Bugman - 6-27-2013 at 12:46 PM

We casted the irons into boils for a number of fish but also got some just casting and retrieving in the are where the boils recently took place. The panga we took launched from just south of Daggets (maybe a couple hundred feet if that) so it was a very quick trip to the action.:cool:

redhilltown - 6-27-2013 at 11:27 PM

Thanks Bugman...casting into Yellowtail boils...oh man...that scene is SO far away from where I am right now! And what a beautiful part of the world to be on the water early in the morning.