BajaNomad

Pepinos Escabeches Almost Ready To Start !

DavidE - 6-26-2013 at 12:06 PM

Thought an update will be in order. Just put in an order for raw sea salt. Should be here mañana but I'm going to start the process using regular (ugh) table salt. Getting smaller pepinos (cucumbers) has proven to be difficult. So the promise of whole dills has gone out the window. Sorry 'bout that!

Butter pickles, stackers, and relish on........the.........way after the pickle spears appear.

Hook - 6-26-2013 at 12:11 PM

I am amazed to see picking sized cucs in the Ley markets over here almost all the time.

DavidE - 6-26-2013 at 02:23 PM

GRAPE LEAVES! Anyone ever see grapevines in this part of the peninsula (like Vizcaino)?

sancho - 6-26-2013 at 02:37 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by DavidE
Just put in an order for raw sea salt

Aren't you close enough to G Negro to walk over
to the Salt Works and get a few shovels full?

DavidE - 6-26-2013 at 04:00 PM

122 miles = 244 miles ain't close enough

bajagrouper - 6-26-2013 at 04:27 PM

what about the salt flats along the pot holed section of the highway...
I statred my pickles sin pickling spices on Sunday,should be ready soon.....

Bajaboy - 6-26-2013 at 05:19 PM

Quote:
GRAPE LEAVES! Anyone ever see grapevines in this part of the peninsula (like Vizcaino)?

take a walk around town...lots of grapes around

DavidE - 6-27-2013 at 10:13 AM

Sadly, walking* is not an option for me. And cataracts pretty much wipe out any chance of long distance spotting.

*Better to hobble than be confined to a wheelchair, though :)

Bajaboy - 6-27-2013 at 01:36 PM

Quote:
Sadly, walking* is not an option for me. And cataracts pretty much wipe out any chance of long distance spotting.

*Better to hobble than be confined to a wheelchair, though :)

Okay, so ask around....:?:

DianaT - 6-27-2013 at 01:46 PM

Muñeca who works at the Almacen Leyes de Reforma is one who has beautiful grape vines in her yard.

DavidE - 6-27-2013 at 02:49 PM

"Muchas gracias por la pista. Pasaré por allí pronto. Voy a preguntar si su vinesare uva capaz de derramar algunas lágrimas por los antojitos"