BajaNomad

Welcome to Asuncion Udo & Jana!

shari - 6-27-2013 at 09:15 PM

BA welcomes a new couple to the fold today....here is Udo carrying his sweetheart Jana across the threshold of their new baja home.

Pacifico - 6-27-2013 at 10:05 PM

Very cool.... Congratulations on your new place!

woody with a view - 6-27-2013 at 10:18 PM

yeah! good for you twp.

Bob H - 6-27-2013 at 10:25 PM

That is a great photo of two happy people! How nice....

Bubba - 6-28-2013 at 03:29 AM

Congratulations!

Osprey - 6-28-2013 at 06:17 AM

Felizidades Amigos!!!!!!

Now don't let the purchase of the house be the starting place of a lifetime of work and worry about making the place perfect. You deserve a well earned retirement and the Mexican Taj Mahal won't really help you much with that.

edm1 - 6-28-2013 at 06:29 AM

How romantic!!!

Congrats.

David K - 6-28-2013 at 07:37 AM

Wonderful!

BajaBlanca - 6-28-2013 at 08:49 AM

Welcome south!

DavidE - 6-28-2013 at 09:47 AM

¡Saludos! Just in time for a stretch of comfortable weather!

DocRey - 6-28-2013 at 11:18 AM

Super nice. Live long & prosper.

Martyman - 6-28-2013 at 12:28 PM

Good job Udo! Another Keppel grad reaches maximum bajaness!

BajaRat - 6-28-2013 at 01:39 PM

Felizidades ! love that house, even has room for the hobie !

BajaLuna - 6-28-2013 at 05:55 PM

That is such a cute picture of them! So romantic, OHHH LA LA!!
Congrats, neighbors!!!
Enjoy your new casa and wishing you many happy moments and new adventures!

shari - 6-29-2013 at 07:12 AM

Who does THIS....arrives at a new home and has a bunch of amigos over for dinner the next day??? I can safely say Udo is an overachiever not to mention a fantastic chef!!!
Watching him in the kitchen was an education in haut cuisine.

Here is the lamb he prepared the night he got here to serve us last night...insanely wonderful...peso lamb...yeah baby!

They have a FLIP FLOP theme goin on...check out the hand painted wine goblets...Jana was ever so daring all dressed in white and drinking excellent red wine!

and here are the guests who's pallets were introduced to some new flavours and were simply astounded at Udo's prowess in the cocina.

and today is Udo's birthday...stay tuned for the festivities!

well...gotta go over to Udo's for desayuno...lobster eggs benny anyone? it would be worth the drive over the potholes...hahaha

David K - 6-29-2013 at 07:56 AM

Bahia Asuncion is even a richer place when people like Udo and Jana are there! What fun to have a gourmet cook who is always smiling as a neighbor!
Is there a TV show in the future? "The Baja Kitchen, Cooking with Udo"?

Happy Birthday Udo!

[Edited on 6-29-2013 by David K]

shari - 6-29-2013 at 08:19 AM

that's a cool idea DK! I'll start by videoing him making our eggs benny!

David K - 6-29-2013 at 08:26 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by shari
that's a cool idea DK! I'll start by videoing him making our eggs benny!

It can start as a You Tube deal... then go viral! :light::cool:

BajaLuna - 6-29-2013 at 08:38 AM

HOLY MOLY! Awesome! The food looks delish! A food and herb gardener on one side and a gourmet chef on the other! Hey Udo, hopefully I'll have my garden established by next year, come on over the fence anytime and go grocery shopping!!! Life is good in Bahia Asuncion! It doesn't get much better than that! Happy Birthday, Udo, enjoy your day to the fullest!

boe4fun - 6-29-2013 at 08:47 AM

Shelley and Udo are gonna be awesome together sharing recipes. We're all gonna eat real good down there.

Skipjack Joe - 6-29-2013 at 09:03 AM

Must be tough on the back, though.

Congratulations! Diane's place was pretty nice as I recall.

shari - 6-29-2013 at 09:54 AM

aahhhh yes Luna...we were just talking about needing someone to plant arugula!!! so please hurry down and get your garden going....you two are going to be very complimentary all right!

BajaLuna - 6-29-2013 at 10:13 AM

Will do, Shari!!! I'm planning on buying seeds in San Diego on my way down, SoCal seeds more acclimated to Baja weather than Northwest seeds! And eventually I hope to find seeds there! Now just need to locate good compost and soil! Locally made cinder blocks for the raised beds! Very exciting, indeed!

bajajudy - 6-29-2013 at 11:03 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by BajaLuna
Will do, Shari!!! I'm planning on buying seeds in San Diego on my way down, SoCal seeds more acclimated to Baja weather than Northwest seeds! And eventually I hope to find seeds there! Now just need to locate good compost and soil! Locally made cinder blocks for the raised beds! Very exciting, indeed!

Be sure to check that your seeds are are not treated or engineered You dont want to introduce those into the environment.

BajaLuna - 6-29-2013 at 11:08 AM

Thanks, Skipjack! Yes, it is, we really love it!!

I'm a raised bed gardener, sit on the edge, only way to go, too old for row gardening anymore!

BajaLuna - 6-29-2013 at 11:35 AM

Absolutely, BajaJudy!!! Organic, heirloom, and Non-GMO seeds ONLY for this Gardener. And only ones that have been tested for NON-GMO, I'm super serious about Non-GMO and a proud boycotter against it by way of either buying food or growing food/seeds! I harvest my own seeds when I have time!

ELINVESTIG8R - 6-29-2013 at 11:46 AM

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Mr. and Mrs. Udo Have a wonderful life in BA with all your new friends. One day I will be down to BA for a visit. I keep telling Shari I will. I just have to pick the right when!

shari - 6-29-2013 at 02:17 PM

As if last night's dinner extravaganza wasn't enough, Udo and his sous chef Jana prepared Eggs Benedict a la Asuncion...with lobster. Holy snappin lobster claws...they were amazing!!! But really Udo...cooking on your birthday...sheesh!

Ok, if this keeps up we will have to form a weight watchers anonymous here!

mulegemichael - 7-1-2013 at 07:40 PM

happy b'day, amigo....yer gonna have some good times in that community, that's for sure...hope one day to me you and yours!

jbcoug - 7-1-2013 at 08:02 PM

That is some fantastic looking food!

John

grace59 - 7-2-2013 at 08:54 AM

Wow, everyone is correct....your food looks amazing!! I bet it tasted even better! Welcome to your new Baja home...I wish you both many long happy years to come!

shari - 7-2-2013 at 10:58 AM

and tonight is GUMBO night at Udo's...boy those two love having company! yeah!

BajaBlanca - 7-2-2013 at 11:10 AM

Eggs benedict! Gumbo! Holy tamales, you all are lucky!

shari - 7-2-2013 at 12:20 PM

oh yeah...good thing they are only here for a week or I'd have to buy all new clothes!

David K - 7-2-2013 at 03:31 PM

You guys are so lucky! Udo and Jana rock!