BajaNomad

pages and pages

BajaLuna - 6-28-2013 at 10:01 PM

WOW there is so much info on this forum, I've been pouring through pages and pages! I am so grateful that this forum is here to help answer sooo many questions we have from previous posters..because well we bought a house in Baja now what the hell do we do, LOL! How to get stuff down there, what can go over the border, pets, tourist card, building materials, cargo trailers, inspections, places to stay along the way...whewww what would one do without these boards, fly by the seat of my pants and hope for the best, I guess! Thanks so much to those of you who lend info on here, I am but a wee grasshopper. Gone are the days when just 2 girls, me and my friend, carefree and no possessions drove to Baja in a beater car and crossed back over the border with 14 cents to our name not a care in the world.....or camping on Estero Beach with my mom and brothers as a child in the summers...things have changed, there is so much to know because well umm I'm not traveling so lite these days! I love that these boards are here, so very valuable....thanks everyone! There sure is a lot to know...little by little!!

shari - 6-29-2013 at 06:34 AM

I agree MsLuna...in the old days we had to make so many mistakes to learn the ropes....lucky folks who can now just read up on what's what here to avoid some of the errors and find out the best places to visit and stay....thanks Mr.Nomad for making all our lives easier and more fun...there is some pretty funny stuff here...I've blown coffee out my nose more than once all over the keyboard!

mcfez - 6-29-2013 at 07:15 AM

We can all thank Doug for providing this great site!

Yes......we have been "saved" many times with the information coming from these pages.....no question about that. My favorite part of the BN is the Road Condition Topics........a must to check on each time before going to Baja.

We can also find great little spots to stay at when venturing outside of San Felipe......or find ways to to donate to the needy.

BajaBlanca - 6-29-2013 at 08:43 AM

I too really appreciate this wonderful place to ask away and answer questions. I cant count the number of times we have used it as a reference of new places to visit in Baja and Beyond. The. Combined experience available here is like having a multitude of travel guides right at your fingertips.

Welcome BajaLuna!