BajaNomad

Loreto fishing really turned on??!!

Hook - 7-2-2013 at 05:34 AM

I "intercepted" some radio transmissions from a base station here in San Carlos and a boat returning here, from the Loreto area. He spoke glowingly of fishing that was just incredible on just about everything; dorado, billfish, even yellowtail that were still around. No mention of tuna.

This was late last week. Come on, you Loreto fishermen, how has the fishing been in the last week?

chuckie - 7-2-2013 at 06:19 AM

We have rumors to that effect here in Mulege, but no facts...Our fishing is mediocre...small dorado only...good news is that we only have to go out 4-5 miles to get em....Been very rough last few days, may get out Thursday...

Hook - 7-2-2013 at 06:26 AM

Thursday is malo, chuckie.

Why not today or tomorrow? I am. Make that AND tomorrow.

chuckie - 7-2-2013 at 06:34 AM

Stuck in town both days...today would be da bomb....

bill erhardt - 7-2-2013 at 06:15 PM

Sounds like Hank's back home telling tales.

Here are some pics from today. My biggest dorado was 31#, although dorado have been generally running pretty small - I understand that the biggest dorado weighed in yesterday during the first day of the Vagabundo torneo was 15#.

There were a lot of small sailfish outside, but, as has been the case all summer, they were not very hungry.

On the up side, there are squid in the area and there seems to be some kind of bait wherever you look.

Catalana at sun-up this morning

[Edited on 7-3-2013 by bill erhardt]

[Edited on 7-3-2013 by bill erhardt]

Hook - 7-3-2013 at 02:58 AM

No, it wasnt Hank and Natalie. Cant remember which boat. But I do remember him saying that someone in town caught a 70# dorado, too.