BajaNomad

Then Cosme blew by

vseasport - 7-2-2013 at 02:34 PM

Then Cosme blew by
Last week I couldn't emphasize enough how epic fishing was. Last Monday afternoon when we tied up our boats for the day the water temperature was 85 degrees and conditions couldn't have been better. Then Hurricane Cosme blew by. It wasn't a big storm as storms go and passed more than 250 miles south of us. It did have an adverse effect on our conditions though. Thursday morning I fired up Jen Wren III to go fishing and discovered the water temp had dropped below 64 degrees. Holy smokes more than a 20 degree drop in two days.

Now 5 days later we are still running out 20 miles to find bluish color water in the high 70's. Closer to shore the water is an ugly green and cold. On the outside things have perked up. The marlin and dorado bite is decent again and more schools of spotted and spinner dolphin are being found holding tuna. Live bait has been a huge problem but now the shark buoys on the outside are all loaded with camisetas, horilitos, and bullet tuna. With just a few drops of a sabiki a bait tank can be plugged with great bait.

Holy smokes! Am I still in Mexico? This week having surface temps at our finger tips from the satellite weather on our Simrad touch screen plotters have been huge in finding the breaks and warmer water.

Bendo!

Most of the dorado have been quality bulls. This baby went 50lbs

Sitting Bull with a bull

Speaking of bulls, a bull shark got the better part of this tuna

Landed our first blue of the year.

Mark Locken pulled the old bucket trick on his brother. He was very impressed with how well our Accurate reel performed. A slow bite doesn't stop us from havin fun.

Marlin bite is bouncing back.

The best source for the latest East Cape fishing conditions "like"
www.facebook.com/JenWrenSportfishing

Mark Rayor
teamjenwren.com
markrayor.blogspot.com
www.facebook.com/JenWrenSportfishing
US cell 310 308 5841

Russ - 7-2-2013 at 06:13 PM

I always enjoy reading your reports.
Thanks

BajaParrothead - 7-4-2013 at 10:01 PM

Your outriggers had plenty of red flags today beneath the marlin. Looks like things are heating back up.:biggrin: