BajaNomad

More San Felipe road construction....Say it isn't so!

CortezBlue - 7-9-2013 at 04:16 PM

Driving down to San Felipe last week we came zipping through La Ventana only to find ourselves be rerouted into the dirt.

It appears that they are working on the road between La Ventana and the curves.

Today, on the way back north, they were starting to chip away at some the rock formations that are in the curved area and were installing rebar for the drainage areas.

You've been warned, drive safely my friends!

hayb - 7-9-2013 at 05:41 PM

Crap not again. Thanks for the update. How long was the excursion?

CortezBlue - 7-9-2013 at 08:02 PM

Not more than a few miles, so far.

meme - 7-10-2013 at 07:03 AM

They usually do ten miles at a time. So maybe?

wornout - 7-10-2013 at 02:08 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by CortezBlue
Driving down to San Felipe last week we came zipping through La Ventana only to find ourselves be rerouted into the dirt.

Today, on the way back north, they were starting to chip away at some the rock formations that are in the curved area and were installing rebar for the drainage areas.

That is the last piece of the highway improvement and also why they rerouted the fiber out of the ground, up on the poles and back down in the ground again, pretty good plan in my book. At first I thought they were bringing power down then realized it was the fiber cable...

CortezBlue - 7-10-2013 at 09:25 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by wornout
Quote:
Originally posted by CortezBlue

That is the last piece of the highway improvement and also why they rerouted the fiber out of the ground, up on the poles and back down in the ground again, pretty good plan in my book. At first I thought they were bringing power down then realized it was the fiber cable...

Yes, we saw several very serious Telnor Trucks with all kinds of spools of Fiber on the back.

Hopefully they will pul a fiber cable to my front door in San Felipe!!! NOT

Bajajorge - 7-11-2013 at 08:31 AM

Maybe they'll be done by Oct when I return.

David K - 7-11-2013 at 08:38 AM

Without looking up my May trip report, I think the remaining section of original highway was only 3 miles long. Relax! :cool:

wornout - 7-11-2013 at 08:01 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by David K
Without looking up my May trip report, I think the remaining section of original highway was only 3 miles long. Relax! :cool:

That is about the distance and I do believe if the fiber was not in the way, it would have been done last year when the rest of that area was completed.