BajaNomad

FAT

bajacalifornian - 7-10-2013 at 12:13 PM

I watched Dr. Oz one particular day (in Mexico), with my wife. Pays dividends toward the days I spend on my horse and mule.

This episode featured discussion to include Triphala. Check Oz or other references.

This link is a simple explanation of bad fat which Triphala, Old Medicine and herbal, defeats.

http://healthyliving.msn.com/health-wellness/body-fat-is-the...

Intent on 20 lb weight reduction and dialed in diabetic numbers since Easter, my personal experience adding Triphala to the mix is resounding and positive. No friggin' idea what yours might be, but worth the study.

More than one Nomad body by Baja may shed some stuff one feels better living without

vgabndo - 7-10-2013 at 12:37 PM

As of this morning, my weight loss program has resulted in me being 65 pounds lighter than my record high. I am still over-weight at 167 lbs., but now that I am mostly a vegetarian, it continues to come off. Food choices, portion control and exercise. There ain't no magic about it. I judge that a lot of folks just don't have the personal integrity to eat right and exercise. It takes an effort that Days of Our Lives, and General Hospital on TV just don't seem to teach.:lol::lol::lol:

I'm not bragging, believe me, I am still real sick and it is only the fear that provokes me to work as hard as I've needed to.

SFandH - 7-10-2013 at 12:58 PM

Yes, I eliminated my obesity, high cholesterol, and decreased my high blood pressure medicine by 50% by switching to a vegan diet two years ago. It has been an amazing transformation from very poor health to pretty good health. I feel great. 36 to a 32 inch waist. BMI from 31 to 26.

vgabndo - 7-10-2013 at 01:31 PM

Oh yes, there are great benefits. Best started a lot earlier. I'm no longer diabetic and was once on Metformin. My average blood pressure is 121/62. My challenge is to keep a limit of 61 grams of protein daily. The little basta taas keep adding up all over the place. :lol: I haven't figured the numbers on a fish taco yet. I'm afraid to know.:lol:

vgabndo - 7-10-2013 at 01:56 PM

Peace, Love and not recommended for people in kidney failure!

Two ounces of fish= 12g
One corn tortilla= 14g
Flour to bread fish (9g/cup)= 0.5g
Two ounces fresh salsa= 0.6g
One leaf of cabbage= 0.3g
Veg. oil absorbed in cooking= 0.0
Mayo for white sauce= 0.0
Total 27.4g