BajaNomad

The best location in Loreto? Input needed...

Paulina - 7-17-2013 at 07:58 PM

I have some friends who would love to know the good, the bad, and the ugly about this opportunity.

I am going to turn them on to the Nomad site after pushing the post button, so please play nice.

Mil Gracias,

P>*)))>{

http://www.misionloreto.com/the-best-location-in-loretohisto...

Phil C - 7-17-2013 at 08:26 PM

Cute place , secure parking with gate and fence, you can hear the mission bells, walk to everything, a little noise from the plaza on occasion, the guitar guy at Mitas, some parking troubles in the morning with Isste, the bank and the school, but overall not too bad, lots of grown in greenery, great location, neglected, needs a lot of work. I'ld love to see someone fix it up, We have a great neighborhood. I'm just around the corner.

BajaLuna - 7-18-2013 at 08:42 AM

We looked at this house when we were there in late April. Wow I'm really surprised it's still on the market. It is a cute house with a lot of charm and potential, beautiful ceiling in the main room, kitchen cabinets might need rehabbing to some people unless like me you like that rustic look and charm but it is totally liveable as it is for sure, long countertop in kitchen with a nice big window in the kitchen, the bathroom inside the house is really big and the laundry is in there and it could with some imagination be reconfigured somehow to make that a bedroom/bathroom combo if needing another bedroom, the space is there. The existing bedroom is in a separate building than the main house across the front porch area and it has a bathroom as well. It has a wall around the property, so you enter through a gate into the parking area which is a nice size area for keeping a boat etc, and then go through a another gate into the yard/courtyard area, which is a nice size as well, and has some nice established plants, so the front yard is a nice size, not too big not too small, and loads of plants, trees, and lots of fruit trees, the house is right smack on the property line in the back, so in other wards the back wall of the house IS the end of the property, so no backyard but the front yard is good size. It is on a cute stone street just a short walk to the center of town and good restaurants etc. You wouldn't need a car to do your daily business there, as it is close to everything. I really liked the house and we seriously considered it and we saw several other houses as well while we were there but this one stood out in our minds however we really wanted to be on the Pacific side of Baja, and although it does need some work it has potential and the location is great, and the work wouldn't need to be done right away, it can be moved into upon purchase in my humble opinion. And location, location, location, it's just a short walk to the water too! Best of both worlds near town and the water!! It feels secluded and has privacy but isn't far from anything and the neighborhood is great! And Jill, the Listing Agent is fabulous to work with!

BajaBlanca - 7-18-2013 at 08:59 AM

What a charming garden.....

DENNIS - 7-18-2013 at 09:05 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Paulina
so please play nice.

Really? Do we have to? Takes all the fun out of it. :lol:

BajaBlanca - 7-18-2013 at 09:06 AM

:biggrin:

DavidE - 7-18-2013 at 12:10 PM

Legit question don't throw sand....

Have not spent time in Loreto centro in a long time. Is it still quiet? No musica ranchera de cantinas?

Phil C - 7-18-2013 at 12:15 PM

If you're on the south side Mikes bar can get a little crazy, but otherwise, muy tranquilo

desertcpl - 7-18-2013 at 12:16 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by DENNIS
Quote:
Originally posted by Paulina
so please play nice.

Really? Do we have to? Takes all the fun out of it. :lol:

:(:(:(

Loretana - 7-18-2013 at 12:19 PM

This is a cute, well located property if you don't mind living right in the middle of the beehive.....noise will definitely be a factor.

Why don't they come down and hang out a bit to understand how this wonderful little town works? smells? sounds?

I'm sure glad I did before I made the BIG decision. :saint:

ligui - 7-18-2013 at 12:30 PM

Want nice and quiet

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uc_kEJ27tc4&feature=fvw

Paulina - 7-18-2013 at 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Loretana
This is a cute, well located property if you don't mind living right in the middle of the beehive.....noise will definitely be a factor.

Why don't they come down and hang out a bit to understand how this wonderful little town works? smells? sounds?

I'm sure glad I did before I made the BIG decision. :saint:

They spend quite a bit of time down there, it was this particular property I was asking about. Thank you all for your replies.

P<*)))<{

Only Change....

Bajahowodd - 7-19-2013 at 05:00 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by DavidE
Legit question don't throw sand....

Have not spent time in Loreto centro in a long time. Is it still quiet? No musica ranchera de cantinas?

Is that there are time share hacks walking the streets and bothering the restaurants about the Villa projest South of town.

chuckie - 7-19-2013 at 06:26 PM

What is the price on this lil gem?

ncampion - 7-19-2013 at 08:58 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Phil C
If you're on the south side Mikes bar can get a little crazy, but otherwise, muy tranquilo

It's "muy tranquilo" if you don't count barking dogs, squawking chickens. loud car exhaust and the occasional loud party music till 3am. Lived for a year in town while building our house out of town. Not my style, I'll drive to town to walk around or go out to eat.

Paula - 7-19-2013 at 09:51 PM

We live in town and love it, though we are a few blocks removed from the plaza. We hear dogs bark from time to time, and we enjoy the morning roosters when there are some to be heard. We almost never hear music that is overbearing or unpleasant. and most of the time it is actually pretty quiet.

If we didn't have a great place already, we might seriously consider buying this. It isn't often that something comes up for sale at such a good price, and with so much to offer.

Marla Daily - 7-20-2013 at 07:40 AM

We too live in town. We bought our house on Misioneros and Padre Kino 24 years ago when those were still dirt streets, and we've never regretted our decision. We continue to be amazed at how wonderful it is to live in downtown Loreto! If a neighbor is having that occasional street party in celebration of one of their life's passages, good for them. We just turn on the fan for white noise when we go to bed. And we always go camping New Year's Eve. Dogs and roosters are simply a part of the ambiance and not an annoyance to us. It's different. And it is all a part of the charm of Mexico!

BajaRat - 7-20-2013 at 07:56 AM

Yall make Loreto sound really nice. It's nice to hear how much you love it. we would like to visit,any motel recommendations near the marina?
Oh and the place looks great Paulina :tumble:

vgabndo - 7-20-2013 at 07:59 AM

Wow, I'm going to run right out and buy a Lottery Ticket!!!!

What a rare find!!!

Mula - 7-20-2013 at 05:06 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by BajaRat
Yall make Loreto sound really nice. It's nice to hear how much you love it. we would like to visit,any motel recommendations near the marina?
Oh and the place looks great Paulina :tumble:

El Tiburon Casitas
http://www.eltiburoncasitas.com/

Mula - 7-20-2013 at 05:09 PM

http://forums.bajanomad.com/viewthread.php?tid=67804#pid8229...

Aguachico recommendation

monoloco - 7-20-2013 at 05:45 PM

Cute place, I can't tell what the construction is from the fotos but it looks like it contains a lot of wood. I would examine it with a fine tooth comb for signs of termites before I made an offer.