BajaNomad

San Samas? / San Sabas? (NE of La Bocana)

Curt63 - 7-18-2013 at 09:19 AM

I'd love to hear your thoughts and see your pics of this place.

[Edited on 7-18-2013 by Curt63]

woody with a view - 7-18-2013 at 11:48 AM

don't have a map with me but i've seen yellowtail caught off the beach about a mile north of the vigilancia....

tiotomasbcs - 7-18-2013 at 12:19 PM

Near Hipolito? I drove south from BA for a day trip. But, if I tell ya I'll have to... Good area to camp out! :yes::cool: tio

Curt63 - 7-18-2013 at 09:12 PM

La Bocana north of Abreojos. This place is in the hills/mountains and has incredibly beautiful ponds fed from mountain springs.

Jose, the Carpenter in La Bocana showed me pictures of his quad trip. There are no roads in. Its a cross country trek.

Bajaboy - 7-18-2013 at 09:35 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Curt63
La Bocana north of Abreojos. This place is in the hills/mountains and has incredibly beautiful ponds fed from mountain springs.

Jose, the Carpenter in La Bocana showed me pictures of his quad trip. There are no roads in. Its a cross country trek.

Sounds wonderful...find a route so I can run it:light:

MMc - 7-18-2013 at 10:04 PM

Please only give the directions to the people that ask you directly in a u2u. The rest don't need to know, let them ask you and you can decide if they should know. Places like this should be protected from the internet masses.

Bajaboy - 7-18-2013 at 10:25 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by MMc
Please only give the directions to the people that ask you directly in a u2u. The rest don't need to know, let them ask you and you can decide if they should know. Places like this should be protected from the internet masses.

I agree completely...much of my recent trip shall stay offline

[Edited on 7-19-2013 by Bajaboy]

woody with a view - 7-19-2013 at 02:30 AM

anyway, it's better for the imagination. :light:

KaceyJ - 7-19-2013 at 06:58 AM

Thankfully not everywhere is on a map:P

David K - 7-19-2013 at 08:12 AM

Are we members of a secret society now, the Illuminati or Knights Templar? It is bad roads, deserts, and fear that keep places in Baja special. No need to fear viewers of Baja Nomad, as we are the ones who love and respect Baja. You're a Nomad too, afterall.;)

David K - 7-19-2013 at 08:20 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Curt63

No roads, great... should be no fear of crowds and piles of beer bottles and diapers then! This is the region of the Lost Santa Clara Mission (San Juan Bautista), as shown on Jesuit maps west of San Ignacio. See it on the left edge of the 1757 map:

[Edited on 7-19-2013 by David K]

David K - 7-19-2013 at 11:17 PM

The 'Emp.' after the mission name means 'started' or begun... There are three missions on the 1757 map shown that way, and only one became a mission (Dolores del Norte, renamed Santa Gertrudis when founded as requested by its benefactor).