BajaNomad

AeroMexico LAX to LTO—sightseeing jet

Marla Daily - 7-25-2013 at 07:43 PM

Today for the first time we flew Aeromexico to Loreto instead of Alaska Airlines. They use a very small jet with a 2 seat and 1 seat configuration in each row. As we began our descent just north of Loreto, the pilot kept flying farther and farther south. He didn't turn around until we were well past Danzante. Returning north, he cruised extremely low over the Villas del Palmar development south of Ensenada Blanca, dipping the wings for a good view. We then flew north, continued past Loreto to Isla Coronados and turned around again and land facing south. It was a great jet sightseeing trip and we were within a few hundred feet over town. Bet that raised a few heads!

Exiting the baggage area we were greeted by a huge new sales installation for Villas del Palmar. I'm guessing they have an arrangement with Aeromexico to do the fly-over.

chuckie - 7-26-2013 at 04:32 AM

Sounds neat.....in the days of Air Cortez...Ontario-Mulege, the pilot would, within reason fly over what people wanted to see....This is your pilot speaking: "If anyone wants a beer, the coolers in the back, help yourself"

Loretana - 9-2-2013 at 11:48 AM

I booked a quick trip to Loreto to fix some roof problems (!) from the recent storms, and Alaska Air put me on the Aeromexico flight out Sunday......

I paid for the flight at the last minute with 35,000 air miles + $45.00 in taxes, round trip from Oregon. I was happy with that, especially since I booked the flight only one day in advance!

The pilot left the airport in Loreto 25 minutes early, because he could, (I guess) and what a great flight, comfortable aircraft and attentive service.....

Aeromexico Embraer 145 taxiing for takeoff

The San Telmo arroyo, where our open air market is held on the weekend, sure took a bruising from IVO. The road and all the streetlights are gone.

Aeromexico got us in early and offloaded quickly and over to US Customs in a flash. I dearly love Alaska Air, but this new Aeromexico flight is just great as well.

Bajahowodd - 9-2-2013 at 04:00 PM

This is the result of a deal agreed to by the Grupo Villa folks and AeroMexico. Hence, the flyover of their new time share project where the Danzante once stood. Now another Villa Del Palmar.

Villa Group subsidizes the cost of those flights.

chuckie - 9-2-2013 at 04:11 PM

VIVA GRUPO VILLA!