BajaNomad

san isdro comondu san javier

honda tom - 7-27-2013 at 04:40 PM

out of san isidro i have taken the left and come out on the highway some 30 or so miles north of loreto. it is a beautiful crossing and any vehicle can pretty much handle it quickly. this time i thought i would stay right and head to comondu and on to san javier...... big mistake! do not attempt this route without a fully capable 4wd, and several hours to navigate. The f250 2wd diesel with 35" tires made it.... but it was sketchy at times. A 1 mile hill climb about 5 miles out of comondu was shaled rock and the thought of not making it was on the mind. a long day that started in la paz and had a great lunch at scorpion bay enede at loreto at sundown. A big positive note was seeing the sunset on carmen island coming out of the hills from san javier. today was snorkeling for big "red bugs" on the back of carmen. tomorrow to the reef to take some big gilled creatures!

TMW - 7-27-2013 at 05:11 PM

Thanks for the info.

merlin - 7-27-2013 at 06:53 PM

It's been years since I've done that route - it's always been a rough road! Always wanted to go back that way again but can never talk myself into it... maybe some day.